Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://youtu.be/q7s16ewP1RU

And people of various nationalities trying it https://youtu.be/1ANDZYAx7tQ
    Last edited by iam416; September 6, 2019, 07:41 PM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Malort: Tonight's the night you fight your dad" made me laugh harder than anything in a long while

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Interesting Jeppson-approved grip on the bottle, there

tmg-article_tall.jpg

Comment

• I was really talking spirits. I do not do malt liquor.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              I was really talking spirits. I do not do malt liquor.
              Oh ho, quite the braggart. I challenge you to three shots of Jeppson. Make it that far and you'll be enslaved for the remainder of your sordid life

Comment

• Not to bring the party down, but this does irritate me...it's pathetic that Trump forced someone at the NOAA to put out this statement. Notice no one was proud enough to sign their name to it. I hope no one in the Birmingham office actually gets fired or reassigned for daring to contradict Trump regurgitating 4-day old forecasts

EDz4_7qXYAAQvJa.jpg:small.jpg

The below message is from the President of the National Weather Service employee union

Comment

• This is what the actual models were showing early Sunday morning, the day Trump said Alabama was going to get hit harder than expected.

I realize this is unimportant in the grand scheme of things but the simple fact that Trump cannot admit the smallest error or even just LET IT GO and let people forget about it is a window into his mind.

EDz-YryWkAEfQlF.png:small.png

Comment

• So to recap

1) Trump cancels a long-planned trip to Poland to "monitor the hurricane", when everyone knows he just didn't want to go
                    2) Trump golfs on at least 2 days of the 3 day weekend, when he was ostensibly managing hurricane response
                    3) On Saturday the 31st, rather than golf somewhere near Camp David, Trump had Marine One fly him to Virginia so he could golf at and advertise his own course
                    4) The next day, Sunday, Trump flew back from Camp David to DC. That's when he said his Alabama stuff. Which was based on very out-of-date forecasts
                    5) Trump then congratulated Poland on the anniversary of the Nazi invasion

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Right, And it's mystifying that he wants to keep the story alive. This was dead and going away until he produced the altered map on Thursday. Was it a strategy cuz he thinks any time he fights the media it's a win for him with his base? Unfortunately, I think the more disturbing alternative is closer to the truth: he just can't help himself. He's got a pathetically strong insecurity complex. In his mind people were laughing at him and he MUST respond. Show them he's tough.

Comment

• Something pretty new on Emoluments-related stuff....the Oversight Committee has been investigating why the Defense Department has been spending so much money at an airport near Trump's struggling Scottish Turnberry resort and why at least one flight crew stayed at the resort. It would be both cheaper for crew to stay at other hotels and cheaper to purchase fuel at US airbases in the UK, rather than a commercial airport. Remarkably, the US Air Force is suddenly very interested in refueling at Glasgow Prestwick.

The airport, which is the closest airport to Turnberry, was close to shutting down when the US military suddenly began landing its planes there to refuel in, oh, around 2017 or so.

The airport nearly closed in 2013 due to lack of business when it was purchased by the Scottish government. A panel later determined that the airport remaining open was "essential" to Turnberry's long-term success.

Hey, I'm sure this is all legit.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...etreat-1484337

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...use-of-airport
                          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 6, 2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• I would try Malort. But last time in Italy a friend and I drank a liter of warm Cynar in one sitting on thr train to Florence.

Also, starting a go fund me for my hurricane relief. Please give generously.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Love the videos and ads. Might have to venmo one of you some cash to send me a bottle.

Comment

• Heh. I've seen pictures of Alabama, and it looks awful. Please donate.

In all seriousness though, If you can donate to the Bahamas, please think about it. We try to keep it light-hearted around here, and I went back and forth about posting this video, but Abaco island is like a nuke hit it. The reporter in this segment was in Rwanda and in Haiti after the earthquake, and even he chokes up while talking. Bodies are everywhere. I haven't seen much from Grand Bahama yet but I'm sure it's bad too. The official death toll is going to skyrocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X