Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This morning'a guide to Brexit:

While the article describes what has happened and what it means, nobody knows how this process will turn out. The outcome in the following algorithm has each option with a 30-35% chance of happening. A Soft Brexit = the UK essentially stays in the EU in a relationship with it similar to Norway's.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/10/uk-p...th-brexit.html
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• A quick correction re the Pew Poll:

Ds have gone from 53/43 to 45/52
      Rs have gone from 43/52 to 45/52

The Ds are going to win in 2020, but they're setting themselves up for another 2010-16 total asskicking.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Yeah, not per RCP. And Silver usually has him between 41 and 42 -- topping out aroudn 42 and change. Whatever. They'll go back up at some point.

What's not going back up, IMO, is the D polling numbers. Because the entire country is seeing how fucking kookball they are. I wish I could say banning fracking by executive fiat makes the top 10 crazy ass ideas out there, but it doesn't.

So, yeah, PDJT is hugely unpopular and will lose in 2020. And then the #GentryCommunists are going to get asswhipped in yet another political correction. Like I said.

Comment

• Meanwhile the CIA director has explicitly slammed shoddy NYT reporting on spies, Russia and PDJT. My guess is that this "story" will amount to as much as most #GentryCommunist Media stories, but I doubt that the NYT was sooooo awful in its reporting that it'll be forced to issue an apology to avoid a lawsuit ala Lawrence O'Donnell.

Comment

• Also, DSL's hero, John Ossoff, will run for Senate in Georgia in 2020. If you were paying attention this past week, Beto and Klubechar and Warren and others were further spewing the outright lie that Abrams had the election stolen from her. What they lack in basic math skills they make up for in outright race-baiting. I wonder if Ossoff will be a gracious loser and accept reality (and math), or go all Abrams on everything.

I remember when "respecting the outcome of elections" was a paramount concern for the Ds back in 2016. LOL.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I'd prefer the Rs to go back to more of a Romney approach, but I also think the general outlines of the PDJT approach are more popular than not. The messenger is horrific. But, the "Pro-America" message probably works. Hence "populist."

In any event, I don't think it much matters because the Rs will be running as the "it has to better than THAT" party. I'm not exactly sure what the great unifying principles were from 2010 to 2016, but by and large I think it was "they're not Ds." And, I should note, I think the Ds can temper this a bit with sensible policy decisions. I don't think that'll happen.

I believe if I ever saw someone undertaking such an affront to humanity that I'd slap the sandwich out of their hand and put my Preston Brooks Cane of Justice to good effect. Good lord. It's like the time AlabamAlum slathered ketchup on his pull pork sandwich.

Comment

• Cross that line one more time, counselor. Just one more time!
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Ossoff would be an interesting campaign for senate, his failed campaign was looked on as a punchline after the fact. The Democrats poured in a lot resources and it nationalized the race. His campaign looks worse in retrospect because McBath won the seat in 2018. But I would argue that the full effect of Trump wasn't evident in that special election.

Comment

• I sincerely hope this story has not an iota of truth to it.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/10/politics/donald-trump-foreign-spies-skeptical/index.html

If true, another example of being a clear and present danger to the security interests of this nation.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• Short list for replacements: John Hinckley, Kanye West, Larry Nassar.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X