No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCP's collection of Florida polls involving Trump. Not a lot to go on yet.

Comment

• No. And certainly the favorability of statewide politicians doesn't necessarily translate to support for PDJT.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• All public opinions about issues like immigration have to be analyzed with the idea in mind that most people have been very heavily indoctrinated for their entire life with lies about the subject and retarded platitudes like "diversity is our strength". Trying to undo all of that misinformation and indoctrination requires years of deprogramming, and all of the people trying to do this are being censored from social media, fired from their jobs, etc.
        Last edited by Hannibal; November 1, 2019, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Another poll out this morning 49% support impeachment/removal vs 47% opposed. That's not where it needs to be to get Republican votes in the Senate (beyond maybe Romney and Collins).

I'm going to point out though that this isn't all good news for Trump. His approval rating is continuing to drop and the same poll has it at 38%. 57% of Independents disapprove of him. So there's maybe about 10% of the public out there that don't like Trump but aren't convinced he should be removed from office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/conte...-6bdd49d000a4/

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Immigration, as an issue, depends on how it's framed. If it's framed by asking "do you support the batshit crazy proposals coming from almost every major D candidate" then it loses overwhelmingly. If it's framed as "children in cages" -- well, obviously. But, PDJT has pushed the Ds into preposterous positions. If you think voters support free everything for illegals, well, LMAO. But, I say go for it -- run on all that free shit -- FREE COLLEGE -- for ILLEGAL immigrants. Run on it. It's a winning issue!

Finally, the bullshit asylum claims have to be fixed. HAVE TO. A high crime rate is not cause for asylum. End. Of. Story. Nor is being in a poor country. End. Of. Story. Of course, that makes me a racist, but I can live with that. Given the source.
            Thanks, Counselor for making the same points I was trying to make to the lunatics on the left here.

Key reality on polls asking about immigration issues: Depends on how you frame the question. Bottom line: Open boarders, being OK with illegal entry, supporting sanctuary cities, blanket amnesty or anything close to these are losing political positions.

The R's, including a re-election bid by PDJT, can garner support from moderates on either side of the political spectrum for policies that seek enforcement of existing boarder security laws and immigration reforms that include appropriately restrictive pathways to legal status for immigrants who illegally over-stayed properly issued visas or entered the US illegally.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Thanks, Counselor for making the same points I was trying to make to the lunatics on the left here.

Key reality on polls asking about immigration issues: Depends on how you frame the question. Bottom line: Open boarders, being OK with illegal entry, supporting sanctuary cities, blanket amnesty or anything close to these are losing political positions.

The R's, including a re-election bid by PDJT, can garner support from moderates on either side of the political spectrum for policies that seek enforcement of existing boarder security laws and immigration reforms that include appropriately restrictive pathways to legal status for immigrants who illegally over-stayed properly issued visas or entered the US illegally.
              I make fun of you because you act like they haven't even been trying to make this pitch to moderates up until now. Like I said, Trump has been running relentlessly on this issue since 2015. If it was a huge hit with suburban women and one of their top priorities, Paul Ryan would still be Speaker of the House.

BORDER not "BOARDER"!

Comment

• I think, if the variable was isolated, and put to a vote, "follow the law" would win overwhelmingly over "open borders"; I think "no free stuff" would overwhelmingly over "free stuff" and I think "real political asylum" would win overwhelmingly over "anything goes asylum".

But, I guess I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  I think, if the variable was isolated, and put to a vote, "follow the law" would win overwhelmingly over "open borders"; I think "no free stuff" would overwhelmingly over "free stuff" and I think "real political asylum" would win overwhelmingly over "anything goes asylum".

But, I guess I'm wrong.
                  I think you're 100% correct. However, since no issue gets voted on in isolation, I still hold to my position that swing voters do not regard this issue as a top priority the way hardcore immigration opponents (Hannibal) do. I will remain skeptical that Trump can convince moderate suburbanites that this is an issue they should really, really care passionately about.

Comment

• I wonder if there was a semantic position issue. That is, the Rs are on the "winning" side of the immigration issue; but the immigration issue, itself, isn't winning.

Whatever. I leave it to you and Buchanan to further sort out with lengthy, well-reasoned essays.

Comment

• Also, while I can barely articulate how much I respect your diligent reporting, your Cinnamon Toast Crunch diploma is better served, at least for today, sassing Alabam"Alum" and any other member of the Conquered People. Just because.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I think you're 100% correct. However, since no issue gets voted on in isolation, I still hold to my position that swing voters do not regard this issue as a top priority the way hardcore immigration opponents (Hannibal) do. I will remain skeptical that Trump can convince moderate suburbanites that this is an issue they should really, really care passionately about.
                        I think this is a pretty solid take and the reality that "no issue get's voted on in isolation," weakens the view that immigration should be an important issue for 2020.

Weakens but not not fully mitigates it. It will be an issue because Trump will make it one. If he can frame it correctly (and that's a big if) it can be a winning position as we have finally arrived at what that position is, albeit in an isolated sort of way.

The D's are going to get absolutely shit on for taking positions as talent lays them out and as far as I know, they've already done that to a certain degree. You can be sure Trump will try to push the D candidates into corners that will make them look foolish to a pretty large segment of American voters.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Democrats definitely occupy a loony extreme position on immigration. The problem is that you are a "racist" if you call them out on it. Which means that most Republicans won't, because the party is still by-and-large populated with completely gutless Cuckservatives. That is why Trump was such a Godsend, despite his and obvious character and personality flaws. He hasn't emboldened his fellow party members to follow his lead but he has inspired a massive backlash against SJW culture that could genuinely change the political landscape. But that movement is being threatened by mass social media censorship. Ensuring a censorship-free internet needs to be the Republicans' number one domestic priority since the Left has infiltrated and taken over every major cultural institution by now.

Comment

• Ensuring a censorship-free internet needs to be the Republicans' number one domestic priority since the Left has infiltrated and taken over every major cultural institution by now.
                            It definitely needs to near the top of the list. And the Progs are, very predictably, definitely coming for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

You're trying to make your point with this awful sentence.

" preserving the light skinned, well educated yellow and darker skinned majority and keeping the browns, poorly educated blacks out of their neighborhoods and schools; they do like them for garbage collection, pool cleaning, mowing lawns and serving them when they go out to eat though."

Yeah I'm the lunatic on this.

Comment

• You are.

Comment

Working...
                                X