Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    If there is enough demographic change where a state like Texas turns, it doesn't mean that it is forever. What it would mean is the tactics and policies change of the party losing it.
    The "tactics and policies" of the California Republicans have changed and it hasn't made fuckall of difference. A California Republican is a Democrat in most places (e.g. Arnold Schwarzenegger) and it is the furthest thing from a "swing state" that you can get. Texas is where California was 30-40 years ago and it is on target to be in 30-40 years where California is now.

Texas is very rapidly changing. The scandal-free incumbent Senator barely got reeelected last year. Usually those guys are an easy shoe-in even when they aren't personally likeable. Elections there will be largely a demographic headcount before long. That's not, per se, what we saw yesterday, but like I said previously, in places like Virginia where demographics who are 100% guaranteed to vote overwhelmingly Democrat have gone from 30% of the population to 40% of the population, you increasingly need to play a turnover-free game to win. In places like California, it's permanently off the table.
    Last edited by Hannibal; November 6, 2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• In addition to racial demographics, the growth of the millennials as a voting block is a huge problem for Republicans. I have seen by now probably a dozen polls that show that Millenials are far-and-away the most Left Wing generation in the country's history, and it's having an effect everywhere. A lot of the nutty "woke" marketing that you see now is the result of Cultural Marxist millennials having infiltrated corporate HR departments, marketing departments, and the media. In many cases, it is also the result of older generations in charge of major corporations viewing millennials as an important consumer block that they want to cultivate brand with or recruit from. You see that dynamic especially with Big Oil touting their shifts to renewable energy, etc.
      Last edited by Hannibal; November 6, 2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

The "tactics and policies" of the California Republicans have changed and it hasn't made fuckall of difference. A California Republican is a Democrat in most places (e.g. Arnold Schwarzenegger) and it is the furthest thing from a "swing state" that you can get. Texas is where California was 30-40 years ago and it is on target to be in 30-40 years where California is now.

Texas is very rapidly changing. The scandal-free incumbent Senator barely got reeelected last year. Usually those guys are an easy shoe-in even when they aren't personally likeable. Elections there will be largely a demographic headcount before long. That's not, per se, what we saw yesterday, but like I said previously, in places like Virginia where demographics who are 100% guaranteed to vote overwhelmingly Democrat have gone from 30% of the population to 40% of the population, you increasingly need to play a turnover-free game to win. In places like California, it's permanently off the table.
        Your boy Trump did as much to damage Lyin' Ted Cruz as anyone. Even the people who voted for him think he's creepy and unlikeable now.

Comment

• My wife and I finally got through The Wire.

Season 1: Great
          Season 2: Meh for about the first half. Great second half.
          Season 3: Boring. I remember next to nothing about this season other than Stringer getting waxed at the end and some Irish guy bitching about political stuff that I don't care about.
          Season 4: Irish guy becomes the mayor but I don't care.
          Season 5: Good wrap-up, albeit a little bit abrupt at the very end.

Comment

• Comment

• Lindsey Graham is now claiming that maybe Gordon Sondland is in league with the Democrats to try and make Trump look bad. And that's the only logical explanation as to why he might change his testimony to avoid perjury charges.

These clowns love testing out absurd arguments on the Fox audience

Comment

• Yeesh. Trump wanted Barr to hold an impromptu news conference to declare Trump innocent of any crimes in the Ukraine call. Barr declined to do so amid a general distancing between DOJ and the White House.

Comment

• You have done bad when your corrupt fixer is backing away.

Comment

• Trump has now tweeted at least three times in the past 12 hours, each angrier than the last, about that Post story saying he tried to get Barr to clear him on tv. He's now calling the specific reporters out by name and calling them "lowlifes" and "degenerates"

1) The story has since been confirmed by a number of other outlets, including the Times, WSJ, ABC, and CNN

2) He is REALLY pissed about this leak.

Comment

• I swear to God if Mike fucking Bloomberg gets Trump re-elected...

we really needed MORE NYC style politics in DC...

Comment

• PDJT, Warren and Bloomberg would be a disaster.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Toss Sanders in there and you have the 4 horsemen.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• I don't get the Bloomberg vanity campaign, he was instrumental in funding congressional campaigns during 2018 for the Blue Wave.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X