No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary insanity. I heard a rumor (maybe it's been confirmed) that the police actually went to the locker room? Like maybe assault charges were a possibility?

Of course he'll be suspended the rest of the year, deservedly so. Maybe released from the team. He was provoked a little bit but Jesus man, 8 seconds left in a game you've won?

Lot of people referencing my beloved "Turkey Jones piledrives Bradshaw" clip this morning.

Comment

• About the only thing worse Garrett could have done was knock him down and do a couple stomps to the head a la Luke Witte

Comment

• They won't release him. And he doesn't really have a bad history of being a cheap player (he's had some roughing the passer penalties, but, meh). I'd hate to see his entire career ruined by 8 seconds. He's not Vontez Burfect. But, I think the suspension has to be real. I'd say 6 games -- rest of the season.

To your Turkey Joe analogy, even the old school NFL players are like, "whoa" with this. Turkey Joe was playing within the rules. Sort of. The Browns concussed two Stiller WRs last night with blatant head shots. No one is screaming about that because, well, it's football. It happens. You don't generally think that someone will rip off your helmet and then actually swing AND hit you IN THE HEAD with it. My guess is Myles is a strong dude that can probably generate some force with that helmet. It's not had to imagine a really serious injury resulting -- in fact, I think everyone is lucky nothing serious happened to Rudolph.

But, seriously, WTF?
        About the only thing worse Garrett could have done was knock him down and do a couple stomps to the head a la Luke Witte
        Fuck Dave Winfield sideways. To this day. Fuck him.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm honestly amazed that Rudolph is okay because just from watching the clip you would have thought he'd need stitches and would've been bleeding all over the place. It was no glancing blow. But I guess it didn't have as much force behind it as it looked.

A lot of this falls on Kitchens. The inmates run the asylum because I think the team rapidly lost any confidence in his playcalling abilities early this season.

Comment

• That was a huge, must win for the Clowns. They have a schedule that's set up for them to get to 9-7 -- that's within reason. And that's maybe a wildcard bid. And they go and turn a huge, primetime win into a total loss in the final 8 seconds. Well, Myles Garrett did.

Yeah, same re Rudolph. He got clocked. If he hit him with the other side -- the top of the helmet instead of the ear flap -- then Rudolph woulda been dropped cold.

Comment

• Yeah the schedule was extremely front-loaded this year. And some sort of bad luck that the NFC West turned into a monster division.

But that season-opening stinker against Tennessee and the collapse against Seattle...ugh...

Comment

• Ogunjobi needs to be suspended as well

Comment

• Yep.

Comment

• Comment

• Ken Starr (of all people!) on Fox: "The witness did extremely well and then the President exacerbated the situation by his unwise intervention"

This was in reference to Trump tweeting attacks on Yovanovitch during the middle of her testimony, saying every country she's gone to turns out bad, and specifically blaming her for screwing up Somalia.

"The President was not advised by counsel in deciding to do this tweet. Extraordinarily poor judgment. Obviously this was quite injurious"
                      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 15, 2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Re: The brawl at Cleveland last night.

IMO, a season-ending suspension without pay should be the beginning point for punishment against Garrett. I believe a lifetime ban should be in the discussion, and his legal team should start preparing a case as to why Garrett should be allowed to play in the league again. The utter stupidity of his actions are so far over the line, that there is no way any reasonable person could find any way to justify them. If the Cleveland Police went to the locker room to speak to him, I'd like to know their reason for NOT arresting him. At minimum, he should have been brought in for questioning.

As far as the rest of the participants in the brawl, there will be other fines and suspensions, and they are well deserved. Garrett better be glad that Marquise Pouncy didn't get a clear shot at him, or Garrett might be in the hospital this morning.

I'm wondering how the return game in Pittsburgh is going to be played in two weeks. For one thing, would anyone dare to attend the game wearing Browns apparel? And will two weeks be sufficient for everyone to settle down, and actually play a game within the rules? Mike Tomlin was absolutely livid at his post-game presser last night. Can these guys get to a point emotionally where they can play the game in a civil manner? There's not a lot of time remaining in the season, and it wouldn't be fair to the Steelers' fans to cancel the game, but can this game be played safely? Lots of questions for Roger Goodell today.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think Damarious Randall's head hunting was at least as bad as Garrett. Garrett lost his cool and deserves to be severely punished, but Randall's hit was just so out of line it boggles the mind. They have been trying to get this Jack Tatum-style head hunting out of the game for a while now you still get something so dangerous like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Ken Starr (of all people!) on Fox: "The witness did extremely well and then the President exacerbated the situation by his unwise intervention"...

Fox News anchors agree, it could be construed as witness tampering. Wonder if Dear Leader will send buttboy Barr back to Murdoch for another late night whine fest.

Fox News anchors Bret Baier and Chris Wallace said that President Trump's Friday tweets attacking ex-ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch during her testimony raised the possibility of an additional article of impeachment being added against Trump for witness tampering, CNN reports.Said Baier

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• Wow, I'm a little stunned he was found guilty on ALL counts. I believe witness tampering is the big one...his lawyers were hoping to get off with some light perjury.

Enjoy prison, Roger

Comment

Working...
                                X