Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett lost his cool and deserves to be severely punished
    The QB was ripping his helmet is what started it. I don't condone the swinging of the helmet at all, but the QB isn't an innocent victim. Blood runs hot out there, and Garrett snapped.

Comment

• It seemed like they had him dead to rights on the evidence, his main hope was for a Trump stalwart on the jury to hold out.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

The QB was ripping his helmet is what started it. I don't condone the swinging of the helmet at all, but the QB isn't an innocent victim. Blood runs hot out there, and Garrett snapped.
        It was a series of escalations. Garrett tackled Rudolph awfully late and was violently sacking him with 8 seconds left in a decided game. I can understand Rudolph being a little "dude, wtf?" at that moment. Rudolph then started screwing around with Garrett's helmet and somebody mentioned Rudolph got in a little kick to the family jewels as well. Then Garrett ripped Rudolph's helmet off. Both guys' blood is boiling at that point. If Rudolph had walked away...but he didn't. Garrett clubbed him then had Steelers kicking him in the head on the ground (hence Pouncey's 3 game suspension).

I'm a little surprised Rudolph isn't getting a token game suspension or at least a fine, cuz he wasn't a choir boy out there, but Garrett deserves everything he's getting.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          It seemed like they had him dead to rights on the evidence, his main hope was for a Trump stalwart on the jury to hold out.
          From what I had read, Randy Credico (the witness Stone tampered with) was fairly ridiculous on the stand in the trial. Treated it like all a big joke. So I'm a little surprised that charge stood up.

Comment

• It was a series of escalations. Garrett tackled Rudolph awfully late
            That's a good point, I wasn't watching the game, didn't see what happen till later. I was watching the Red Wings

Comment

• I'm a little surprised Rudolph isn't getting a token game suspension or at least a fine, cuz he wasn't a choir boy out there, but Garrett deserves everything he's getting.
              Boy, I'm not surprised in the least. I mean, jesus, are you fucking serious? There was nothing meriting a suspension UNTL Garrett lost his damn mind. Nothing. At most maybe Garrett gets fined for ripping off Rudolph's helmet (he was flagged for that). Maybe. If Garrett just, you know, tosses the helmet to the ground then this thing ends up in a fairly typical NFL posturing/minor shoving type confrontation. GARRETT LOST HIS DAMN MIND.

So, Rudolph wasn't acting much beyond any sort of norm. It'd seem crazy, fucking crazy, to me to suspend him because the altercation that he was a part of ended up with Myles Garrett swinging a weapon at his head -- and connecting. "Yeah, sorry, Mason. Ordinarily we wouldn't suspend you for this, but because you got hit in the head with your own helmet you're out for a game."
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The viciousness of the AFC North will always crack me up.

Comment

• Heh. The 2008 AFC Championship game between the Ravens and Stillers would be entirely illegal today. There would have been maybe 12 players between the two teams left by the end. The rest would have been ejected for targeting or unnecessary roughness.

Comment

• Yes, I still miss Troy Polamalu. That was the game where he time his leap over the pile to single-handedly stop a QB sneak. His legs flailing atop the pile as he tried to find some sort of leverage. LOL. And, of course, he sealed it with a Pick-6. Brutal game.

Comment

• The good ol' piss towel days. Those towels don't get to wave so much anymore.

Comment

• They are good for landing right on top of a ND players helmet after some BS officials calls

Comment

• "The tweet was not witness intimidation, it was simply the President's opinion, which he is entitled to. This is not a trial, it is a partisan political process - or to put it more accurately, a totally illegitimate charade stacked against the President. There is less due process in this hearing than any such event in the history of our country. It's a true disgrace" -- Stephanie Grisham, WH "Press" Secretary

LMAO...buy the drunk one from me tonight, this is gold. GOLD, JERRY, GOLD!

Btw, so it can't be witness intimidation cuz it's not a trial, but the President demands his due process rights which come with a...trial? So confused, Ms. Grisham.

WORST IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY

Comment

• She's channeling Baghdad Sarah.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Maybe we should do betting squares as to the date of Stone's pardon from Dear Leader.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• So long as the courts approve, North Carolina has a new congressional map. It makes it very likely that the state will go from having a 10-3 Republican majority to an 8-5 one.

Comment

Working...
                                X