No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh. Jim Jordan's currently got one of the screwiest looking districts in Ohio. I'll be curious to see what the Commission they've set up decides to do with it. But it's so overwhelmingly Republican (except for Elyria, OH) that they could make major changes and he'd still be completely safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Right. And I'm not sure the Senate will be too, too much different. I can see maybe 3-4 Rs peeling, but I dunno.
      I'm convinced a secret ballot would change this dramatically ..... but that isn't going to happen.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Heh. Jim Jordan's currently got one of the screwiest looking districts in Ohio. I'll be curious to see what the Commission they've set up decides to do with it. But it's so overwhelmingly Republican (except for Elyria, OH) that they could make major changes and he'd still be completely safe.
        It's probably more like an 11/6 state. If I were the Rs, I'd figure out where my strongest candidates are and redraw them into competitive districts. The Ds are going to probably have to give up their AA Cleveland district if they want to make hay.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Except for the very fucked up 1st District in Hamilton County, all the screwy districts are in NE Ohio. Almost every one of those seems explicitly designed to take about 20% of the Cleveland/Akron metro areas and combine it with rural countryside. A pretty clear intent to dilute the voting power of NE Ohio as much as possible. And the Dems largely went along with it to get that AA district you're talking about.

Comment

• I mean Summit County has a population that's smaller than ONE congressional district (about 710k) and it's divided up into FOUR different districts.

Comment

• Cleveland...a proud city...
              river burning.jpg
              Attached Files
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Rudy Giuliani on Twitter, attacking the Republican lawyer (Castor) doing the questioning:

"Republican lawyer doesn't do his own research and preparation, and is instead picking up Democrat lies, shame. Allow me to inform him: I have NO financial interests in Ukraine, NONE! I would appreciate his apology"

Ohhhhh, Rudy Rudy Rudy...you could clear this all up by coming and testifying under oath. And surely you can see why the Republicans are "spreading lies" about you, right? You're expendable, bud.

Comment

• I think Bill Hader is going to have to revise his Jordan impression with more theatrics after seeing today's antics.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    I think Bill Hader is going to have to revise his Jordan impression with more theatrics after seeing today's antics.
                    Sondland burst out laughing at him

Comment

• On a lighter and much more pleasant note, smoke has been pouring out of LucasArts lately, rumors flying that Star Wars: Episode IX is such a catastrophe and test screenings so bad that Bob Iger has gotten involved and ordered massive amounts of reshoots. Hopefully the most overated, least creative fillmmaker of all time (JJ Abrams) will finally get recognized as the worthless hack that he is.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; November 20, 2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        On a lighter and much more pleasant note, smoke has been pouring out of LucasArts lately, rumors flying that Star Wars: Episode IX is such a catastrophe and test screenings so bad that Bob Iger has gotten involved and ordered massive amounts of reshoots. Hopefully the most overated, least creative fillmmaker of all time (JJ Abrams) will finally get recognized as the worthless hack that he is.
                        I actually liked JJ's Star Trek 2009 (the second movie was okay....and he didn't deal with the third one). I think with Star Wars there is a lot of Disney screwing with it. First thing they did after getting the rights was say all the Star Wars EU---all of it--- was not cannon. I also thought bringing in Han, Leia and Luke for 7 and 8 was okay but making them such prominent roles was not good. Sure have them in supporting roles but let the new generation deal with things.
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Reshoots are always a part of Star Wars movies lore. I predict it will be a hit and the gamergate folks will hate the movies.

Comment

• Comment

• Star Trek is at it's best when it embraces the weird. The Abrams movies are fine for what the studio wanted to do but the studio wanted to get away from the weird.

Comment

• Yeah the studio wanted action films. In the 80's, the 90's, and now. Go and look at Next Gen movie Picard versus tv show Picard and the difference is sort of insane.

As a kid I liked Wrath of Khan the best but as I've gotten older, I have to say, the original motion picture has grown on me. That movie is slow as fuck at times and that's its biggest weakness but it had a really good concept (IMO). And the effects genuinely hold up pretty well, better than some of the later films.

Comment

Working...
                                X