No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's hearing could be contentious if Fiona Hill's opening statement is a preview. Doesn't name names but criticizes "some of you on this committee [that] appear to believe that Russia did not conduct a campaign against this country."

Comment

• Good lord. Are we still litigating Mueller?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Meanwhile, PDJT's RCP average has somehow gained lots of ground over the past month. His 538 remains pretty flat in the 41s, which is still way above his low mark.

Finally, a Marquette poll ought to terrify the fuck out of Ds. PDJT beats every legitimate D candidate, and only Biden and Sanders were within the MoE. Of course, Booker somehow beat him. Heh. But he ain't a legitimate candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Meanwhile, PDJT's RCP average has somehow gained lots of ground over the past month. His 538 remains pretty flat in the 41s, which is still way above his low mark.

Finally, a Marquette poll ought to terrify the fuck out of Ds. PDJT beats every legitimate D candidate, and only Biden and Sanders were within the MoE. Of course, Booker somehow beat him. Heh. But he ain't a legitimate candidate.
          There's a state poll (from an A-rated pollster) that came out a couple days ago that showed Biden, Warren, and Sanders all beating Trump in GEORGIA. I'm not going to get too worked up over any state poll at this point

Comment

• Navy wants to take away Eddie Gallagher's Trident. Just this morning Trump says they will NOT do so. Eddie Gallagher's attorney says Trump should have Admiral Green arrested and court-martialed for insubordination.

"Even having this proceeding is a direct affront, an insult, to the president by Adm. Green," Parlatore said. "I don't want to speak for the president, but if I were sitting in the White House, not only would I restore [the trident], but I'd have Adm. Green arrested and court-martialed for insubordination."

Comment

• There's a state poll (from an A-rated pollster) that came out a couple days ago that showed Biden, Warren, and Sanders all beating Trump in GEORGIA. I'm not going to get too worked up over any state poll at this point
              Yeah, but one of those things (PDJT winning Wisconsin/PDJT losing Georgia) is eminently sensible and the other is, well, not.

But, sure, polling right now isn't worth much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Navy wants to take away Eddie Gallagher's Trident. Just this morning Trump says they will NOT do so. Eddie Gallagher's attorney says Trump should have Admiral Green arrested and court-martialed for insubordination.
                "Even having this proceeding is a direct affront, an insult, to the president by Adm. Green," Parlatore said. "I don't want to speak for the president, but if I were sitting in the White House, not only would I restore [the trident], but I'd have Adm. Green arrested and court-martialed for insubordination."

https://taskandpurpose.com/navy-revo...r-seal-trident
                This is an interesting situation for the Navy. While Trump is CINC and his immediate subordinates in the chain of command can be rightfully ordered to do certain things (not all but that's a different tale), this is an utterly stupid thing for Trump to order Admiral Green not to take Gallagher's Trident.The Navy believes that Ghallager's conduct, although not criminal, does not meet the ethical standards of the Navy and in particular the Navy Seals.

Normally, a president would not become involved in an issue centered around the ethical conduct of a service member. That would be left up to the service's commanders. But, no! This is don't fuck with me Donald Trump who appears to have been slighted by one of his Flag Rank officers doing nothing but running his own ship the way he sees fit.

More evidence that Trump has lost his fucking mind.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Wasn't Gallagher found not guilty? I have not kept up with it, so honest question. Taking away a Trident seems unprecedented. Usually they take rank for illegal or bad actions, not awards, citations, and accomplishments.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    Wasn't Gallagher found not guilty? I have not kept up with it, so honest question. Taking away a Trident seems unprecedented. Usually they take rank for illegal or bad actions, not awards, citations, and accomplishments.
                    He was found not guilty of all the worst charges but he was found guilty of posing for photos with a corpse. That's the only thing Trump technically pardoned him for.

Comment

• Yes, Gallagher was found not guilty of manslaughter at a General Court martial involving a case where he apparently killed an ISIS fighter by stabbing him after he had been wounded and was being treated by medics. There were conflicting accounts of the actual event.

The Trident is not an award. It is a service designation much like Navy Wings or Submarine service designations. Both of those can be taken from the service member, for example, Navy Wings can be taken back for things like flat-hatting. It's not criminal but it is a conduct issue.

Gallaghers' conduct - posing with a corpse - is definitely the kind of ethical conduct issue that would warrant the loss of his service designation as a SEAL.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• He went through BUD/S and earned the trident. Taking that for a classless or macabre photo - I don't know. I think I would side with Trump. To me, it seems the Navy leadership is looking to circumvent the court findings and punish him to save face.

I guess I would want to know how many SEALS have had their trident taken. If the snswer is "he's the first" this would be a horseshit punishment.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Yeah the studio wanted action films. In the 80's, the 90's, and now. Go and look at Next Gen movie Picard versus tv show Picard and the difference is sort of insane.

As a kid I liked Wrath of Khan the best but as I've gotten older, I have to say, the original motion picture has grown on me. That movie is slow as fuck at times and that's its biggest weakness but it had a really good concept (IMO). And the effects genuinely hold up pretty well, better than some of the later films.
                          The problem with most of these big budget films is that it is too interested in origin stories or fan service. It explains a lot of the ills of both the Star Wars franchise and Star Trek franchise. They didn't need a film with a plot point that shows the Kobyashi Maru story. Fan service and origin stories are easier and more bankable so that's what you get. Come up with a story that is as different as DS9 and then you are talking.

Comment

• Apparently the Navy has taken 154 tridents since 2011. Never mind then. They have some precedence for doing this. The question is now, does Trump as CIC have the right to reverse it...

Comment

• ALSO, LT. PETE MITCHELL (CALL SIGN: MAVERICK) DID NOT LOSE HIS WINGS FOR FLAT-HATTING!

YOU NEVER CLOSE YOUR EYES ANYMORE WHEN I KISS YOUR LIPSSSS

Comment

• This is a dumb question but if Trump wanted to make someone a general, could he do it? Like, I don't mean behind-the-scenes push for someone's promotion because he likes the guy, but literally announce he is a general now?

Comment

Working...
                                X