Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    Agree, time for Booker, Yang, Klobuchar, Steyer, and Tusi to drop out.

I posted that I went back on Facebook, first why do people take pics of other in the hospital bed sick?

I seen an old friend, the girls love him back in the day, my God he looked like Howard Hughes.
    I would swap Yang for Harris but yeah pretty much agree. I have a facebook friend that absolutely loves Booker and Kloubacher (at least he is down with Warren though).
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I thought Kloubacher represented herself well myself, yes she shakes a lot while talking on stage - I don't think it a medical issue (as the world we live in wonders) she doesn't do it in interviews after the debate. It can be nervous when almost 7 million people are watching you live up there on the stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Really? While Generations had too much meddling in it form the studio. I thought First Contact was a very good ST movie (and in general). Insurrection was solid enough but last TNG movie was utter crap.

Underrated ST film? Probably VI which was an excellent good bye from the original cast.
        My biggest issue with the Next Gen movies is that Picard in them is a very different character. He's generic Action Man. I mean, on the show, I remember an episode where there's some sort of crystal, universe-gobbling monster (sort of like Marvel's Galactus but mindless) and Picard argues against destroying it and that it has a right to exists like anything else. In the movies, Picard is essentially "if it moves, shoot it". Not gonna say every episode was heady stuff but there were a lot of questions about ethics and philosophy on the show that were basically eliminated from the movies. Cuz the studios felt audiences wanted action. And they may be right.

Putting that aside and just looking at them as movies, I agree First Contact was the best. Generations was a mess because the studio intervened once again because they had no confidence the new cast could carry a film.

Also agree with you that VI is a better movie than it gets credit for. I'm glad they went out on that instead of the shitfest that is V

Comment

• Insurrection was all about ethics and is probably the closest to the TNG episode. All about ethics. The ethics of a Federation that is recovering after the devastating Dominion War coming on not long after the Borg.

You see it in the very first scene where they are rushing to put a new world into the Federation (good humor in that scene). It comes up again when they dealing with rogue elements in the Federation and the Baku relocation. But damn that last TNG movie is awful on so many levels. It really is a shame that they didn't have Q in one of the movies. That feels like such a missed opportunity.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• And just out the sheer hell of it Ranking of ST movies by ranks

Admiral (The very best)
            Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan
            Star Trek 4: The Journey Home
            Star Trek 6: Undiscovered Country
            Star Trek 8: First Contact

Captain (Very good)
            Star Trek 9: Insurrection
            Star Trek 2009
            Star Trek: Beyond

Commander (Good)

LT. (Average)
            Star Trek 7: Generations

Ensign (Below Average)
            Star Trek: The Motion Picture
            Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock
            Star Trek 12: Into Darkness

Cadet (Bad)
            Star Trek 5
            Star Trek 10: Nemesis

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              I thought Kloubacher represented herself well myself, yes she shakes a lot while talking on stage - I don't think it a medical issue (as the world we live in wonders) she doesn't do it in interviews after the debate. It can be nervous when almost 7 million people are watching you live up there on the stage.
              I am still waiting to hear WHY Kloubacher wants to be president.

Comment

• Justice Dept IG has found evidence an FBI employee may have altered a document related to the Carter Page FISA warrants.

Also note that there's practically no details and that the employee is believed to be some rando way down the org chart. Not a household name like Comey, Strzok, McCabe, Page, etc.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...d00_story.html

Comment

• More info on that has come out overnight....the employee in question is an ex-FBI lawyer who altered or falsified an email that was part of the FISA process.

The significance of this depends on the source. Fox news is saying BOMBSHELL while the Wash Post has updated its story to claim that the IG report will state that the Carter Page FISA warrant was still valid and lawful even if this one document (an email) contained some sort of lie or false documentation. We'll know which side is closer to the truth by Dec 9

Comment

• What a tease!

Comment

• "Ukraine hated me! They were after me in the election. They wanted Hillary to win", Trump rants on Fox & Friends. Then goes on to complain at length about how Marie Yovanovitch didn't hang a picture of him at the embassy.

EDIT: You know what adds an extra level of bonkers to the Ukraine/Crowdstrike dipshit theories? The National Republican Congressional Committee uses Crowdstrike to protect its networks and secure its servers. They've gone on the record to say they have no intentions to change providers. That should give you an idea of how seriously they take Trump's ranting conspiracy talk, no matter how much they may publicly nod and claim they agree with every word.
                      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 22, 2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Trump calls George Conway a wackjob BUT...then he goes on to say of Kellyanne Conway that she "must have done something bad to him"...must have "done a number on him" to make him crazy

Yikes. Was that intended to be a joke? I'm not sure Kellyanne is laughing

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          God, I hope to fuck you're correct.

I'm sure you've posted this already, as you're consistently posting court rulings re PDJT, but the Supreme Court temporarily blocked the DC CIrcuit's ruling re PDJT's financial records. The Court will likely decide whether to enter a longer stay in the near future. They could easily opt not to. But, for now, the stay is in place.
                          Talent- Have seen a lot of chatter this morning that we could get a decision on a stay this afternoon regarding the above. And while a Cert requires 4 votes, an official stay requires 5. But that said the Court is usually very generous towards the President and could issue the stay even if few of the justices think they'll eventually take up the case. I've seen it suggested that if they grant the stay they're more likely than not to accept an expedited schedule in consideration to House demands. Normally Trump would have a full 90 days after the Circuit Court decision to file his Writ of Certiorari but the Court could say, nah, give it to us in the next couple weeks.

Comment

• On Fox and Friends, Trump says "I want a trial". (Don't worry, you'll get one.) He's counting on being the 21st century OJ. Guilty as original sin, painfully apparent to even causal observers, yet acquitted despite indisputable evidence by jurors with an agenda.

President Simpson?
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• has brought forth 29 eminent domain filings this year to build his vanity wall.

Trump administration increasing use of eminent domain, other efforts to take private land to build new border wall

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X