Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I
    Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    I would be okay with Warren if Congress were Repub. Warren or Sanders with a Dem Congress kinda scares me a bit.
    it absoluetly should scare the shit out of any red blooded conservative or even mildly progressive. That combo would be disastrous to the nation's economy, jobs, the dollar and because of the potential of increased US debt in that scenario being floated by the Chinese, a wholesale change in the global balance of power.

I'm not sure Biden is a better choice than a continuation of the trump administration's policies, unless you want the US in a holding pattern for 4y. I think the system has proven it can isolate serious Trump idiocy due to his often irrational behavior. Its a shitty place to be but infinately better than what correctly scares you.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Those things are mean. When I used to deer hunt, I gave them a wide berth. A friend of mine was stuck in his deer stand once. They were just waiting for him to come down. He shot one of them thinking it would scare them off. It didn't. He only had 6 rounds with him so he just sat there. He was up there for hours before they wandered off. That's why most hunters in this area carry a pistol as well as an extra box of ammo in their kit.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Eddie Gallagher is still on active duty. On Sunday he went on Fox & Friends to attack his superior officers. He blasted the Navy Secretary. He attacked the head of the SEALs. (This happened before Spencer was fired)

Again, Eddie Galalgher is still on active duty.

But wait! That's not all. Tyler Merrit, a friend of Gallagher and founder of a military-themed clothing company called Nine Line apparel, sat and spoke during the interview as well. Both Merritt and Eddie Gallagher were wearing Nine Line tshirts. So Gallagher was both plugging a friend's clothing line AND being insubordinate to his superiors all while on active duty. Cool, cool.

BTW there's reporting that Trump would like him and the other two pardoned war criminals to start appearing at MAGA rallies. I guess he can order the Navy to give Mr. Gallagher the time off (paid), what the heck. Standards are loose these days.

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...k5y-story.html

Comment

• Georgia Governor Kemp and Trump had a tense, secret meeting on Sunday that lasted over a full hour to discuss a replacement for the retiring Johnny Isaksson's Senate seat. Trump wants Doug Collins, a drooling, fawning sycophant appointed. Kemp prefers bigtime donor (but also more moderate) Kelly Loeffler. Like in all things, Trump feels like Kemp "owes him", and he's irritated that it seems like Kemp ain't budging.

Comment

• You know, there are so many things that piss me off about this. Gallagher is burning a lot of bridges. He's actually only a bit actor in this soap opera. He'll regret talking as if he's the star. When Trump is gone, he'll be dropped like a hot potato.......and that's if this story survives the news cycle.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Gallagher ain't sweating it. He has full retirement as an E7, which isn't a fortune, but you can get by until the book/movie money hits. Don't get me wrong, I think the movie will be a straight to DVD thing, but he'll still get paid.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• This is what rural America wants.

Comment

• Taking away a Seal's trident is like taking the wings away from a pilot.

The Seal was still a Seal, and the Pilot was still a Pilot.

Taking away Gallagher's trident is the Navy way of rubbing his face in the one minor conviction on his record. Its like "So long sucka, kiss our collective ass".

He fought the Navy and won and they don't like it, but the Navy's own judges failed to convict him in the court martial. That's not his fault. If anything, blame the guy who admitted to the crimes that Gallagher was charged with.

Its a silly matter, but he deserves to keep his trident.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• For accuracy sake, he was convicted of the most minor charge: posing with a corpse for a picture as a trophy. Which was the same individual he was acquitted of murdering, btw. He was apparently so proud of that "mercy kill" that he posed for a photo. He also sent the photo to friends with the text "Got him with my hunting knife". Which is a thing you totally do when you've just committed a "mercy kill" to a wounded prisoner, I guess.
                    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 26, 2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Rudy, Rudy, Rudy...

Could it be any more clear that Trump's throwing you under the bus? "I didn't tell Rudy to got to Ukraine. I don't know what he was doing there, you'd have to ask HIM. He's got a lot of clients, maybe he was there for one of them?"

Spill the beans, cybersecurity "expert"

Comment

• Seriously, everyone should read this stuff. All focus is on Ukraine but Trump's ties to Turkey are shady as fuck. Both of these are from conservative publications. The Bulwark is admittedly anti-Trump but the Examiner is not.

Reminder that in a private speech, even John Bolton reportedly said Trump's policy towards Turkey was guided by his personal business interests. Back before Steve Bannon joined Trump's campaign he interviewed him and in that interview, Trump admitted he had a "little" conflict of interest involving Turkey because of a very successful "business venture" there.

https://thebulwark.com/trumps-turkey...n-you-realize/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...turkey-problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          For accuracy sake, he was convicted of the most minor charge: posing with a corpse for a picture as a trophy. Which was the same individual he was acquitted of murdering, btw. He was apparently so proud of that "mercy kill" that he posed for a photo. He also sent the photo to friends with the text "Got him with my hunting knife". Which is a thing you totally do when you've just committed a "mercy kill" to a wounded prisoner, I guess.
                          yeah defending this guy is crazy. He was convicted, if he didn't want to be disciplined he should have acted in a more fitting manner. But Trumpers are going to Trump.

Comment

• Fox News is fantastic

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

yeah defending this guy is crazy. He was convicted, if he didn't want to be disciplined he should have acted in a more fitting manner. But Trumpers are going to Trump.
                                FTR, at one time I considered myself a "trumper", but I no longer do. I have my reasons.

I am a strong supporter of our military, and as a veteran, I also understand that "the brass" spends a lot of time covering their asses, and protecting their pensions. Military officers had the opportunity to find Gallagher guilty of all charges, and send him to Leavenworth. The evidence didn't allow them to do that. Now, as an afterthought, some knucklehead wants to take Gallagher's trident, as a "kiss our ass" move, before he retires. Its not fair to Gallagher, but its typical.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X