No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, if you're speaking about pro-or-anti impeachment then yeah, I believe there are more anti-impeachers across all the battleground states except maybe PA. Since it's not going to succeed anyways you might even see a Dem Senator or two splinter off. Sinema, Manchin. Who knows how much this will even be on voters' minds in 11 months.

On another topic I think the people complaining that Pelosi handed Trump a win with USMCA are dead wrong. The "do-nothing" label (which applies at least as much to McConnell's Senate but whatever) becomes a lot less powerful with a bunch of Dems signed onto that. In fact Pelosi and the AFL-CIO extracted so many concessions that McConnell and a few other Republicans are quietly grumbling a bit.

EDIT: And if the Dems block USMCA for another year, Trump and the R's would probably accuse them of intentionally trying to sabotage the economy
    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; December 11, 2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      ...............but, still, it's extremely hard to conclude that impeachment is doing the Ds any favors. And I sort of find that dynamic fascinating.
      Fascinating? More troubling than fascinating, I'd think. Aside from the meager accomplishments of Trump's administration, poll numbers conclusively demonstrate he's disliked. Certainly, likability isn't a prerequisite for an effective president - LBJ is a good example. But you'd think American voters would view the way his behaviors are cast by the press in a way that would have them reject his presidency. Instead, voters embrace it.......to the point political pundits think he's a shoe-in for reelection.

I wonder if it's the alternatives? ..... or that the press is viewed less favorably, not trustworthy, than a very unlikable president? The American electorate, well, at least enough of them right now, seems to not want to go down the road of free shit for everyone paid for by those who are the most productive and self reliant.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I find it fascinating because it's a political process. The Ds will go on and on about integrity and being left no choice and PDJT will talk about a political witchhunt. For me, it's still absolutely political and thus far closer to PDJT's version of things than the Ds. I mean, they've been trying to impeach him from Day 1.

So, what's fascinating about the political process is the politics of it. I would have bet my last dollar that impeachment would hurt PDJT in swing states. It's fascinating to me that he's not dead in the fucking water in some of these swing states. It certainly hints at a disconnect in the D party that could be problematic going forward.

I still believe, with a lot of conviction, that PDJT loses in 2020. But, I'm down from 95% certain to about 80%. It's fucking baffling, fascinating and, yes, troubling all at once.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
          When Hitler was gone, the US de-Nazified Germany. When Sadaam was gone, the US de-Baathified Iraq. When Trump is gone, will we de-Trumpify America? Or will simple cult deprogramming be sufficient?
          I could always be sent to a re-education camp so that the legitimate government of the people could carefully restructure my thinking to its proper order.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yes. We would hate for the Senate to hear witnesses and make a decision based on facts. Why waste everyone's time? They can just find out how to think by watching FOX News, the same as you and the rest of the Trumpsters.
            Is there any chance that witnesses called by Mr Trump could change the minds of Sens. Klobucar, Booker, Harris or Sanders, who are already on record as to how they intend to vote?

Comment

• How Mike Bloomberg made his billions: a computer system you’ve probably never seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                I find it fascinating because it's a political process. The Ds will go on and on about integrity and being left no choice and PDJT will talk about a political witchhunt. For me, it's still absolutely political and thus far closer to PDJT's version of things than the Ds. I mean, they've been trying to impeach him from Day 1.

So, what's fascinating about the political process is the politics of it. I would have bet my last dollar that impeachment would hurt PDJT in swing states. It's fascinating to me that he's not dead in the fucking water in some of these swing states. It certainly hints at a disconnect in the D party that could be problematic going forward.

I still believe, with a lot of conviction, that PDJT loses in 2020. But, I'm down from 95% certain to about 80%. It's fucking baffling, fascinating and, yes, troubling all at once.
                It's political to the extent that Dems likely wouldn't pursue this against any other President but Trump.

As far as being closer to the truth is concerned, call me a partisan hack but I actually think Trump did something bad here and the whole "It was a perfect call. I did for the country. I've always fought corruption. I would have done it even if Biden wasn't running" is an outright joke of a lie.

Comment

• Any other president doesn't do these type of things.

Comment

• Meanwhile Lindsey Graham's defense of Trump, along with so many other mainstream Republicans, is: He's not malicious, just incompetent. And without this woefully incompetent man leading us this country will be COMPLETELY DESTROYED

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      Any other president doesn't do these type of things.
                      Is that a serious statement?

No other president, in the history of our country, has ever used the weight of the presidency to go after his political enemies?

Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

No other president, in the history of our country, has ever used the weight of the presidency to go after his political enemies?

Really?
                        Heh, so you're admitting he used the weight of his presidency to go after political enemies.

:::Marks Linesman down for "Impeach":::

Comment

Really?
                          400 billion being held up in foreign aid? No, nobody has done it, it is serious statement Trumpboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Heh, so you're admitting he used the weight of his presidency to go after political enemies.

:::Marks Linesman down for "Impeach":::
                            I'll agree to that if you'll agree that Barack Obama used the weight of the office to do the same. He used the IRS to investigate and harass organizations that opposed his policies on gay marriage, religious freedoms, and abortion.

I'm just glad that the Dems finally quit threatening impeachment and actually did it. They've been threatening it since election day, and they finally got around to it. At least we won't have any more of the incessant committee hearings where they claim to be 'seeking the truth'.

They are a party of one issue, and that's impeachment. After the trial is over, they'll have nothing to campaign on.

All that time wasted for nothing, when they could have been establishing a strong candidate with real answers to real issues, as a proper, law abiding, and caring alternative to Trump. Instead, we'll likely get Old Joe, or Pocahontas. yippee

Comment

• 400 billion being held up in foreign aid? No, nobody has done it, it is serious statement Trumpboy.
                              Actually, I thought you'd bring up Nixon and Watergate, which was actually a stronger case built by Democrats, but if you want to keep using this one its fine with me.

I mean, even Republicans went to Nixon and told him the jig was up.

Comment

I'll agree to that if you'll agree that Barack Obama used the weight of the office to do the same. He used the IRS to investigate and harass organizations that opposed his policies on gay marriage, religious freedoms, and abortion.

I'm just glad that the Dems finally quit threatening impeachment and actually did it. They've been threatening it since election day, and they finally got around to it. At least we won't have any more of the incessant committee hearings where they claim to be 'seeking the truth'.

They are a party of one issue, and that's impeachment. After the trial is over, they'll have nothing to campaign on.

All that time wasted for nothing, when they could have been establishing a strong candidate with real answers to real issues, as a proper, law abiding, and caring alternative to Trump. Instead, we'll likely get Old Joe, or Pocahontas. yippee
                                Treasury Department watchdog’s findings could undermine claims that conservatives were unfairly targeted under President Obama.

Comment

Working...
                                X