Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    But that's not what FOX News said...
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Okay, I concede.

If the WAPO says that the Obama Administration was pure and clean, who am I to claim otherwise?

My sickly hide is headed for the re-education camps anyway. Or, maybe the Dems will just save the trouble and send me and my ilk straight to the gas chamber and then the oven.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Trump DOJ declines to charge Lois Lerner with any crimes citing lack of evidence

https://www.chicagotribune.com/natio...908-story.html

Obama's ultimately responsible for what happens on his watch just like Trump is responsible for his, but in Trump's case we have a transcript of him directly asking a foreign leader to investigate the front-running Democrat candidate. Hell he asked the Chinese to do it too in the middle of tough trade negotiations (we were told after-the-fact he only meant this as a "joke"). There's nothing like that (that I'm aware of) where Obama commands Lois Lerner to harass conservative groups.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I'm not relying on that. There are other polls in battleground states re impeachment. As far as Arizona goes, it's an OH-Insights poll. Not great, but not partisan hackery either.
          I did finally see this poll and it also had Dem Mark Kelly up 3 points on Martha McSally. So this might not be a "Trump lifts all boats" effect and it might not be lasting.

Comment

• Interesting side topic from the IG hearing...Leahy asked Horowitz about all the info that was leaked to Giuliani out of the FBI NYC field office and if it was deliberately done to hurt Hillary Clinton in the waning days of the campaign.

Horowitz said they WERE investigating those leaks and were very concerned about them. They apparently know Giuliani had "contact" with several FBI people in that office but it's difficult to prove what was discussed.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              Okay, I concede.

If the WAPO says that the Obama Administration was pure and clean, who am I to claim otherwise?

My sickly hide is headed for the re-education camps anyway. Or, maybe the Dems will just save the trouble and send me and my ilk straight to the gas chamber and then the oven.
              They were quoting the IG's report from 2017. 2017 is the Trump DOJ if you didn't know.

Comment

• Well, smoke ..... fire on Giuliani. Not hard to connect his actions being carried out in response to Trump's directions. The "everybody does it" excuse as a means of letting this president off the hook is weak even though everybody does do it, assuming that means most politicians seeking upper tier levels of political office. It's still wrong, especially if you get caught at it. Trump got caught doing some bad shit and should be held accountable for it.

Having said that, Trump's not going to get impeached on the basis of what the House has forwarded to the Senate for a lot of good and then again not so good reasons. I don't like Trump at all. Disliking him is not grounds for impeachment. Abuse of power - seems to me, and specifically in Trump's case, powers granted over time to the presidency by Congress - and a very technically weak case involving obstruction just doesn't hack it for me. I'd vote at trial not to impeach. To do so is BAD, bad, terrible precedent setting bull-shit. The Dems have badly misplayed this.

Liney is not "Trumpboy." I may not agree with him but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a defensible position wrt (1) get this impeachment BS over as quickly as possible because the outcome is already 99.9 % assured - not guilty - and if the D's have one card left to play, it's not to let Trump make the Senate trial a spectacular circus event where, from a bully pulpit, he's able to spew his non-sense. (2) Get back to the business of governing, passing laws and such instead of focusing on making trump look bad and unelectable. He's going to win the presidency again unless the D's can put forth a reasonable platform and a candidate that can articulate it that steps back from the free-shit for everyone platform they have out there now. Voters don't seem to be buying that so pay attention.
                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 11, 2019, 01:30 PM.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Trump wouldn't get impeached if he murdered someone on 5th Avenue because of the Trumpboys. He is one.

Comment

• When you use lines like this, "I'll agree to that if you'll agree that Barack Obama used the weight of the office to do the same. He used the IRS to investigate and harass organizations that opposed his policies on gay marriage, religious freedoms, and abortion."

and

"My sickly hide is headed for the re-education camps anyway. Or, maybe the Dems will just save the trouble and send me and my ilk straight to the gas chamber and then the oven."

That Fox News Trumpboy stuff. Here is the IG report

https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/audit...01710054fr.pdf
                    Last edited by froot loops; December 11, 2019, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Paul Volcker's final words to America.

Donald Trump’s attacks on the Fed are helping to undermine faith in democratic institutions

Comment

• Froot, you have a point ....... I'm not sure that the negative connotation of "Trumpboy" works if I understand it correctly. I could post some .gifs or other photos that depict what you and I would probably agree are "Trumpboys." We can dismiss those dimwits out of hand. The problem is that I suspect there are closet Trump supporters that can articulate responsible positions that favor what this administration has done and will continue to do if he is reelected. I'd put Hanni in that category for example. talent, too, although he is much more circumspect. I'd put me in that category with qualifiers and those involve my reconciliation with the notion that you can't separate the presidency from the person filling that position. He's a dirtball on all sorts of levels. I got to a point where I just couldn't justify my support of the president's role when that president was a flaming, narcissistic ass-hole, irrational at face and potentially dangerous to national and strategic US interests.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Froot .... pay walled.

Comment

• Thats weird, the first time I clicked on it, it came through but now I get the same paywall as you.

Comment

• Try clicking on this link through twitter for Volcker's final words.

Comment

• In 2016, I had two choices when I went to the polls.

1. Hillary - who was on record as stating those opposed to her were deplorable.

2. Trump - who bashed everyone who dared to get in his way.

Somehow, I get the feeling that in 2019, no matter which way I chose to vote, I'd be regretting my vote today. I am not thrilled with Trump.

I don't like Trump from a personal POV. I don't like his speeches, I don't like his attitude, I've never attended one of his rallies, and I never will.

I do like his two USSC appointees.

I do like his tax cuts. I like keeping more of my own money. Silly me. I don't give a rat's ass if the 'rich get richer'. That's none of my business.

I support at least a partial wall on the border with Mexico. Illegal immigration is illegal. I believe it also helps against drug cartel activity.

I have no problem with anyone from another country that wants to come here legally, and live here in peace and freedom. My ancestors did the same.

If the Democrats come up with a candidate that will at least humor me on those issues, I'll listen. So far, they've failed miserably.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X