• Show
Clear All

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    How about Wednesday...does that work?

Leave a comment:

• AlabamAlum
    replied
    Agreed, there were reasons initially. But we needed hard stops and limits as safety scaffolding as time drug on. By the end of Trump and when Joe took office, there were some definite things that should have been done economically that just were not done to help stop the bleeding. But Monday morning quarterbacking isn’t gonna fix things now.

Leave a comment:

• iam416
    replied
    So, look -- there were at least defensible reasons for the giant jolt to the money supply. Those can be argued and re-argued and that's fine. I acknowledge that contemporaneously there were defensible reasons for the actions. I think those reasons diminished as time went on, but whatever.

The point, though, is not the rightness or wrongness of those actions, but rather the effects. We're sitting a country where the Party in Power wants to blame inflation on literally anything other than a huge shock to the monetary supply + supply disruptions. If you can't at least acknowledge what the fuck put you here then you're -- what's the Zimbabweans say? -- doomed as fuck to repeat the shit.

Again, you can probably make a decent argument that the pandemic policies were justified even considering the foreseeable longer term impacts. It's an argument I'd even agree with to a certain degree. But The Party and The Chairman will not make that case and instead blame Putin and "Big ____" for inflation.

Leave a comment:

• AlabamAlum
    replied
    Shutting down an economy and printing absolute mountains of money to pay people to not work just seemed so smart 2 years ago. No one could have foretold that there would be real repercussions from such a well-planned scheme.

Leave a comment:

• AlabamAlum
    replied
    If only we had listened to the Zimbabweans at the beginning of the pandemic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X