Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Neither you or I knows if Iran is really telling its proxies that and we have no idea if they are fully under Tehran's control, especially with their top handler dead.

Since Trump unilaterally withdrew from the nuclear deal Iran has been escalating attacks on us and our allies. We'll see if this killing brings that to an end. I don't think it will but you seem far more confident than I.
    I remember when Iran took American sailors hostage in 2016, after the agreement and before Trump

But I feel I need to ask... If a country is so reckless, impulsive and undisciplined as to shoot down a passenger jet on accident, and is ready to go to war over the killing of a terrorist, are they the type of country that we should have given such a garbage deal to? Self inspections, no restrictions after 10 years, 150 billion of their sanctioned money back we knew they would use to strengthen their military, and fund terrorism around the world

answer, of course, is fuck no. that Ben Rhodes fella is full of shit.

Comment

• For those who haven't seen anything or read anything about why the administration keeps using the phrase "imminent threat" when there's growing doubt into how imminent the threat really was...

The 2001 AUMF passed to fight terrorists basically allows the President to blow up anything he wants and without consulting Congress if it meets one of two conditions: 1) Is it connected to 9/11 in some way? 2) Is there a imminent threat of terrorism?

Obviously there was no credible way to invoke 9/11 here (although Pence sorta tried) so keeping the military strike strictly 'legal' means invoking #2

Bush abused this power and Obama abused this power when he basically overthrew the govt of Libya.

Comment

• that's the other one... the threat to American lives wasn't imminent enough

I don't think that sentiment is gonna move more independents to your cause tbh.

Comment

• us_sailors_iran.jpg?resize=620%2C387.jpg

IrAn Is OnLy AcTiNg OuT bEcAuSe TrUmP wItHdReW fRoM NuClEaR aGrEeMeNt

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
            that's the other one... the threat to American lives wasn't imminent enough

I don't think that sentiment is gonna move more independents to your cause tbh.
            Biden +5 over Trump in Wisconsin. +8 in Nevada

The Democratic advantage over Donald Trump has narrowed in potential head-to-head matchups, according to a Fox News Poll of Wisconsin voters.

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...s-in-wisconsin
              I'm not worried.

Comment

• You weren't worried about the midterms either. Ha

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...s-in-wisconsin
                  If the Dems run Biden they will lose.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

You weren't worried about the midterms either. Ha
                    you weren't worried about 2016 either.

Again, I watched the last Dem debate, and of the 7 on that stage, Trump destroys any of them one on one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Personally, I can't wait for the wall to wall campaign ads consisting of nothing but 30 seconds of Biden sniffing children and groping women.

Comment

• Any word on when the national emergency of impeachment will be sent over to the Senate?
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

Again, I watched the last Dem debate, and of the 7 on that stage, Trump destroys any of them one on one.
                          I absolutely agree.

What is difficult for me to believe is that the Dems are going to lose a very winnable (for them) election, simply because they refuse to nominate a sane person.

A guy like Fritz Mondale in his prime, would wipe the floor with Trump. I'd probably vote for Fritz over Trump.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Any word on when the national emergency of impeachment will be sent over to the Senate?
                            Quiet.

Nancy is still formulating her strategy at the House bar and grill
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Disagree. You think a lot of left-wingers will stay home in protest? They are more likely to vote for Biden, IMO, than suburban middle-class housewives will vote for Bernie Sanders. Biden can look confused as fuck on stage with Trump and unless he pisses himself I don't think it'll matter much. The vote is going to be a referendum on Trump. And Trump himself will insist it be that, because he couldn't stand to have it be otherwise.

Remember -- in 2016, among people who disliked both candidates, Trump did very well. This time the roles have reversed. Polls have been consistently showing that Biden is winning people who don't like him by a margin even bigger than Trump won last time.

Comment

• Bottom line -- for most people, probably over 90%, their opinion of Trump is scorched into their brains at this point. Thinking the debates will be a game-changer, to me, ain't likely.

Liney brings up how winnable this election is for Dems. That's the thing. IT SHOULDN'T BE. This ought to be a Reagan-Mondale blowout with the economy rolling along and no serious (until the past 10 days) foreign crisis. Instead Trump's popularity is total shit almost entirely because of his toxic personality and total managerial incompetence.

Comment

Working...
                                X