No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McConnell will delay to mess with primaries. Pelosi (House managers) will delay to prevent Trump from making his last State of the Union address a hallucinatory exoneration speech.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Pelosi has already invited him to make the SOTU. Oh, the irony ...

That should be good television. Half the people in the room absolutely hate his guts, and would probably take him out if they felt they could get away with it, and the other half are mostly never-Trumpers...

All of this while he's on trial for 'high crimes and misdemeanors'.

What a country

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Noted lap dog William Barr has been trotted out to snivel that Apple is not unlocking the phone of the Saudi base shooter. Really. The combined cryptographic and computing power of the US intelligence agencies is hand wringingly stymied by a consumer products manufacturer. Pardon my doubt. Seems to be a rather juvenile attempt at public disinformation to convey "Oh we can't read your phones". Yeah, right. Just stfu.

The tech firm denies the US attorney's accusation that it is not helping the investigators enough.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• US citizen dies in an Egyptian prison after 7 years of detention. Sisi's people arrested him way back in 2013 and kept him in jail 5 years before even giving him a sham trial.

A US citizen who once begged for President Donald Trump’s help has died after more than six years in an Egyptian prison.

Comment

• Funny how the question matters. According to the latest IBD/TPP poll (A/B rated poll with 0.8 R lean), approval for killing the Iranian terrorist is at 52-42. Pro-impeachment is, more or less, steady -- going from 49-49 to 47-50 (and 44-51 with independents). And in various H-t-H's with Ds, PDJT it's almost uniformly 1 or 2 point races.

Support for President Trump's impeachment and removal has dipped. Americans back him on the economy and his Iran offensive, the new IBD/TIPP Poll finds.

Meanwhile, if you believe NBC, PDJT had a chance to kill Soleimani after the Iranians downed the drone, but opted to wait. If Iran killed an American then they'd have a problem. The story that has come out -- if you dodge the wailing hysterics -- is that this was a very measured action. It wasn't taken rashly and it was taken with an good understanding of the likely repercussions.

But, hey, McCrazy!!!!
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yes, Quinnipiac released a poll yesterday too

45% approve of killing Soleimani versus 41% against. But only 32% say we're safer now thanks to killing him. And only 43% approve of how Trump is handling Iran (so basically where his overall approval number is stuck).

58% do not think there will be a war.

Only 26% support a war with Iran. 65% say Trump should consult with Congress before launching any more strikes, including over 70% of Independents.

On impeachment a slight majority (51%) approve of the House's move to impeach, including 58% of Independents. Removal is less popular with only 48% of Independents saying he should be removed.

Comment

• No way. Only 26% support a war with Iran? GTFO.

What a stupid fucking question.

Americans supports PDJT's actions in killing Soleimani. And that's even assuming they don't think it made them safer.

But, I really do think the Ds need to hammer him on this. Really keep going hard after him. Maybe even withhold the national emergency impeachment articles for a few more weeks so they can devote their full time to excoriating PDJT for taking the the reasoned, appropriate measure in killing the terrorist. Push all in!

Comment

• The problem for the Ds is this, from the Quinnipiac poll (that DSL omitted) -- 57-38 approve of the way PDJT is handling the economy. And half of the remaining viable D candidates want to completely undo the American economy.

On foreign policy, his numbers ticked up by 3 points after his smart Iran move (up 8 points from October). His handling of Iran is up 6 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    The problem for the Ds is this, from the Quinnipiac poll (that DSL omitted) -- 57-38 approve of the way PDJT is handling the economy. And half of the remaining viable D candidates want to completely undo the American economy.

On foreign policy, his numbers ticked up by 3 points after his smart Iran move (up 8 points from October). His handling of Iran is up 6 points.
                    Oh, hey, did I omit that? Let's then note that you didn't bother to mention that in that same IBD/TPP poll you cited, no less than FOUR Democrats are ahead of Trump. Not by a lot, to be sure. But they're ahead.

I'm not going to spell out every single result of a poll when there's 35 questions or more. Obviously. Nor would you.

Eventually Trump is going to have to do better with Independents. PERIOD. And Quinnipiac says his approval among them is at 35%. I don't think he's doing well with that group no matter which poll you want to cite. Not even Rasmussen. Heh

Comment

• you didn't bother to mention that in that same IBD/TPP poll you cited, no less than FOUR Democrats are ahead of Trump. Not by a lot, to be sure. But they're ahead.
                      Yeah, I really glossed over that when I specifically said:

And in various H-t-H's with Ds, PDJT it's almost uniformly 1 or 2 point races.
                      It's almost like I just completely omitted the PDJT-D HtH polling.

Comment

• Fair enough, I missed that you mentioned the tight races.

Comment

• I try to skim over Talent's posts, too, DSL
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Comity, sir. COMITY! Your rabble-rousing has no place in this, the most decorous of all threads.

Comment

• I have found that you are the most tolerable the more I skim. I try to only read every 3rd or 4th word you write. For example, above, I read:

COMITY! rousing place the decorous.

Almost like a line from MacBeth.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Is it not enough that you inflame the sensibilities of the spinelessly gullible Strangelove against me? Must you slander me as a Scotsman, fictional or not? Have you no respect for the mores of decent society?

Comment

Working...
                                X