Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost another member of Monty Python...RIP Terry Jones

Comment

• Tulsi Gabbard suing Hillary Clinton for defamation over being called a "Russian asset"...haha

Comment

• Jon, .. if Liz Warren can claim to be a Native American, then those folks can claim to be black. They can claim to be whatever they want to be. Its constitutionally protected freedom of speech, and it also falls under the right of privacy, just like abortion rights.

I don't agree with it, but we're living in a day where a high school boy can say he's now a girl, and use the girls locker room, a girl can now say she's a boy, and use the boys bathroom, and even I could start saying that I am now a woman, and follow little girls into the ladies room, and urinate in front of them, and the government will say I've done nothing wrong. This is how our country has chosen to enforce its laws.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well, I pretend to be a responsible adult so maybe I should have tee shirts made and sell them at political rallies. Might be on to something there.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Chief Justice Roberts admonishes both sides for lapses in decorum.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/polit...ice/index.html

adjective
            1. placing undue emphasis on petty details.
              "pettifogging attorneys are the bane of civil society"

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I didn't know Papyrus stores still existed but all 250+ stores going out of business as it turns out no one buys greeting cards and stationary anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                Well, I pretend to be a responsible adult so maybe I should have tee shirts made and sell them at political rallies. Might be on to something there.
                I'll invest with you. Just give me the word ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  Chief Justice Roberts admonishes both sides for lapses in decorum.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/22/polit...ice/index.html

adjective
                  1. placing undue emphasis on petty details.
                    "pettifogging attorneys are the bane of civil society"
                  Dear lord ... this word is about to make the rounds here in the forum ...

Comment

• Reporter from inside the room says minutes ago that he counted 21 empty GOP chairs, 2 Dems. Some of them have been gone a "long time" according to him IOW not just a bathroom break.

EDIT: Another reporter says she counted at least 3 dozers today
                    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; January 22, 2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      MBS was personally involved in hacking Jeff Bezos' phone: Report

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...i-crown-prince
                      I kind of assumed people of that power and stature would have those very secure phones like rational presidents use that are given to them by the secret service. This phones basically have as few apps as possible and are made to be as hack proof as possible. When you are worth $115 billion your operational security on a phone is paramount. It goes to show you how having a ton of money doesn't immmunize you from dumbass shit.

Comment

• Absolutely random thought but Jay Sekulaw is a lot shorter and huskier than I realized

Comment

• Comment

• Why do they call the Senatorial judgement not to remove from office an "acquittal"? Its acquitting nothing. Say the President, in his post inauguration stroll down the streets of DC, jay walks. Seen by thousands of in person witnesses, millions on TV, and recorded on a couple of hundred video recording devices. The House impeaches and it goes to the Senate. The Senate promptly votes 100-0 against the articles of impeachment. Yes, the man committed a crime that no one can dispute but no, the incident did not rise to a level to warrant removal. So why is it termed acquittal, not just simply a decision not to remove from office?

Comment

• It's also true. Everyone knows what happened. The initial leak/story was the "smoking gun." The Ds have 24 hours to fill by basically getting back to the same core fact. It's going to be quite the challenge to fill that air with anything new. That's what happens when you have an extremely DISCRETE story. There's not much to tell. There's not much need to hear it told for 8th time.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Why do they call the Senatorial judgement not to remove from office an "acquittal"?
                                It's a good question because, despite what the Ds say, it's nothing like a criminal trial. Not even remotely. Perhaps it's mere convenience of language.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X