No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kobe Bryant was just killed in a helicopter accident?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/calif...ities-reported

Edit: Add ESPN link

Lakers legend Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna died Sunday in a helicopter crash in California.
    Last edited by lineygoblue; January 26, 2020, 03:22 PM.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Crazy. Everyone reporting it too. Someone said something half an hour ago on my Facebook Feed and I thought it was a sick joke. Feel terrible for his family

Comment

• My son said there's one report that some of his kids may have been on the helicopter with him. Just horrible.

Edit: This has not been confirmed.
        Last edited by lineygoblue; January 26, 2020, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Kobe Bryant has died. Chopper crash.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Sorry AA, I don't think your business venture will be sustainable. The game is going the way of books and newspapers.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I was never a Kobe guy but this one's getting me more than I would've expected. More than Jordan dying would (I feel like people respect Jordan more than love him at this point). Maybe it's because he died while supporting his daughter or just the reaction from his contemporaries (so many of whom are still playing). His impact on a lot of people was a lot more positive than I realized and it just seems like a rotten, rotten day.

It's notable to me that Lebron still hasn't released a statement or said anything on social media yet. I imagine he's taking it hard, as they reportedly got a lot closer after he joined the Lakers.

Comment

• State Dept and the Pentagon not saying much yet but the Embassy in Baghdad was hit by a rocket tonight for the first time. Unconfirmed, but there's a report helicopters evacuated wounded.

Comment

• I also believe that was one of the most remarkable things about Kobe, was his devotion to his wife and kids. He really became a great role model for future NBA stars.

I remember when the Pistons played the Lakers for the NBA title some years back, and Kobe was going thru a bit of a cold streak in his shooting. One of the things I remember about that series was I kept hoping that Kobe would stay "cold" and not heat up, because he alone could have put the Lakers on his back, and carried them to the title. He was such a great shooter. One of those guys where when he got the ball, and was playing against your team, your heart sank, because you knew he was about to drill the basket.

A great player and a fine young man. Prayers for his family and friends.

Comment

• I'm taking a time out from political talk with the Kobe news.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      I also believe that was one of the most remarkable things about Kobe, was his devotion to his wife and kids. He really became a great role model for future NBA stars.

I remember when the Pistons played the Lakers for the NBA title some years back, and Kobe was going thru a bit of a cold streak in his shooting. One of the things I remember about that series was I kept hoping that Kobe would stay "cold" and not heat up, because he alone could have put the Lakers on his back, and carried them to the title. He was such a great shooter. One of those guys where when he got the ball, and was playing against your team, your heart sank, because you knew he was about to drill the basket.

A great player and a fine young man. Prayers for his family and friends.
                      Man just watch that Doc Rivers interview when they ask for his reaction and try not to choke up

Comment

• No cause of the crash has been determined but, man, terrorist involvement in some way is not unthinkable.

A beloved US sports star a soft and unexpected target in retribution for a "beloved" Iranian General? Not out of the realm of possibilities.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fog and wind shears seem more likely, but anything is possible.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah, a terrorist act is a horrible thought but the more I think of how one might go about doing that it makes me think. It's a commercial helicopter, there is little to no security where these things are kept and maintained. For someone who might know this particular Sikorsky S-76B helicopter, it would be easy to sabotage it. Lockheed Martin has had this aircraft in it's inventory since the 70's, it is sold world wide and has undergone multiple upgrades over it's life span.

I'd be worried about sabotage and you can bet appropriate government officials are as well. The NTSB may take a while to identify the cause but they will and it will be definitive in the end. One thing is for sure. If it turns out someone did sabotage it, while they may determine who that might have been, there is no way that act could be definitively traced back to a foreign government such as Iran.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• NY Times gets an advance draft of Bolton's book and he claims in it that Trump explicitly tied Ukraine aid to a Biden investigation. Something Trump's lawyers have denied took place.

Very important the American public never hears what he has to say. Or at least, only in a book. Which is easier to categorically deny than sworn testimony.

Comment

• 84589055_2639569422762934_2326578385469308928_n.jpg
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X