X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

They will vote as their donors command.
    FIFY
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      A CF from the gitgo.

If Trump had stayed the fuck out of this the Navy would have handled it and more than likely correctly. The evidence was overwhelming that Gallagher was a nut-job and should have been drummed out of the SEALS way before the point where he was allowed to retire with a slap on the writs for the stupid shit he did in Iraq. You'll recall, Navy brass, who knew what kind of dirtball Gallagher was weren't at all happy with the outcome of his Court Marshal and took steps to discharge him dishonorably.

The Navy Department certainly recognized his conduct as a SEAL was unacceptable, acted accordingly and, instead, Trump intervened and tried to paint him as some kind of hero. Just crazy ..... but then again people here think that it would have made no difference in how Rs who had supported Trump at some point, R's who didn't like him to start with and the fence sitters from both parties who were unsure about him could have influenced their representatives in Congress to favor removal if they had started acting on each of them through censure and cataloging the questionable shit he did from the start of his presidency. But what do I know.
      I don't think there was any political angle to that pardon. Basically what happened is Gallagher's people got to plead his case on Fox News and he got Trump's attention. If you want to get action from the White House appearing on Fox and Friends or Lou Dobbs is the cheapest way to get something done. Of course you can always buy Trump off.

Trump favors cruel guys, bullies and sadistic people. He loudly proclaims it. In his eyes,.moral codes are for suckers. That's why Ken Star is defending him in the Senate and why Starr's henchman is a sitting Supreme Court Justice. It is why he is so limp when dealing with authoritarians, he'll do their bidding beciase he is enthralled by them and repulsed by leaders of our traditional allies. In his eyes the United States military needs more Gallaghers, not less. He doesn't understand why Colonel Jessup was arrested.

Comment

• You don't understand the trauma, no, the PTSD, that Donald Trump has suffered by having to tell a butler to send an aide down to the doctor's office (7 times) for a bone spur deferment. This heroic and selfless sacrifice honoring those who actually served gave DJT an unmatched insight into the military. It is common knowledge that all SEALS, no, all military personnel, are Trump wannabes, basking in the all knowing all seeing intellectual glow of Very Stable Genius.

How dare you second guess the military opinions of Dear Leader.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

FIFY
          Was talking about Rs not Ds.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Always enjoy my morning does of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Comment

• Comment

• Always enjoy my morning does of Trump Derangement Syndrome.
                Identical to John Wayne Gacy Derangement Syndrome or Charles Manson Derangement Syndrome. To unilaterally oppose those that are the embodiment of evil is clearly a derangement syndrome. Consult medical expert Fox Network for the identification of the current derangement syndrome.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• No need to keep proving your state to me, Jon. I've already checked the box for you.

Comment

• He's probably in an extra bad mood because most of the "loyal" Republican Senators have turned to the "it was bad but not impeachable" defense which is unacceptable in his eyes. That acknowledges his majesty has flaws. Unacceptable.
                    This was always the easiest, best and correct argument. It's persuasive. It's absolutely compelling when coupled with (a) an election in 10 months; and (b) no effect whatsoever. Zero.

But, hard to play that card when PDJT says the call was "perfect" or whatever.

Comment

• Another bitchslap message sent out...yowza. The National Republican Senatorial Committee just released a statement endorsing Kelly Loeffler for reelection and bashing Doug Collins for his selfishness which will (it claims) hurt David Perdue, Loeffler, and President Trump himself.

So will Trump support the man who did so much cockgobbling for him on national tv? Or stand by Cocaine Mitch and his crew? I fear the cockgobbling may have been for naught, Mr. Collins.

Comment

This was always the easiest, best and correct argument. It's persuasive. It's absolutely compelling when coupled with (a) an election in 10 months; and (b) no effect whatsoever. Zero.

But, hard to play that card when PDJT says the call was "perfect" or whatever.
                        Ted Cruz was on Fox last night essentially saying: Of COURSE there was a quid pro quo! We all know it! But who cares? It's ok to do that!

I gotta laugh. Trump probably had to be sedated if he was watching

Comment

• Ted Cruz was on Fox last night essentially saying: Of COURSE there was a quid pro quo! We all know it! But who cares? It's ok to do that!
                          Right. We all know that. Every Senator knows that. But, the sound and fury event continues. On the plus side, Elizabeth Warren seems to be taking on water and she's nailed down to her chair in DC while these shenanigans drone on. On the negative side, I think the Ds may need her to take a bite out Bernie. It's increasingly looking like he'll go into Super Tuesday with a frighteningly legitimate chance to be your nominee.

Comment

Right. We all know that. Every Senator knows that. But, the sound and fury event continues. On the plus side, Elizabeth Warren seems to be taking on water and she's nailed down to her chair in DC while these shenanigans drone on. On the negative side, I think the Ds may need her to take a bite out Bernie. It's increasingly looking like he'll go into Super Tuesday with a frighteningly legitimate chance to be your nominee.
                            He might win Iowa and NH...we'll see. If I could find it again I'd post it but someone noted that six days out from Iowa, Trump was polling at about 33% and ended up with only 24 or 23. Iowa's kinda notorious for late shifts I guess.

Comment

• From that Quinnipiac poll last night...only looking at Independents. These results seem pretty consistent across polls So are Democrats really losing votes by pursuing this? Hard to say. Independents by a narrow margin seem to consistently be more in favor of acquittal. However, by much larger margins they think Trump behaved poorly, dishonestly, etc.

Approve of Trump? 38% yes, 53% no. Independent men 49%. Independent women 37%

Strong emotion only. 24% strongly approve, 43% strongly disapprove

Should Trump be removed from office? 44% yes, 48% no

Are you satisfied with Trump's explanation of the call or do you want more details? 32% satisfied, 61% want more details

Do you think trump is telling the truth? 33% yes, 56% no

Do you think Trump withholding aid was justified? 30% yes, 56% no

Do you think Trump abused his power? 57% yes, 39% no

Do you think Trump obstructed Congress? 53% yes, 38% no

Do you think the charges against Trump are more serious or less serious than the charges against Bill Clinton in 1999? 47% more serious, 25% less serious, 21% equal

Comment

• Manchin thinks Hunter Biden is a relevant witness.

Comment

Working...
                                X