No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to enjoy Biden go on a slightly better than 2012 Newt Gingrich trajectory.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Hahaha...I don't agree, Susan...I haven't learned a thing...

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 4, 2020, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well if they didn't like him before the Bernie crowd is out for Pete's blood now. He's the one who got the last Des Moines Register poll scrapped (it leaked anyways and showed Bernie winning) and now they're convinced he has something to do with the Caucus fuckup and why they chose to release 62% of the results with no timetable for the rest.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• All that wasted energy on Iowa, hopefully it has imploded so bad that it gets taken away. It won't but I can hope.

Comment

• The Kentucky senator also displayed a poster that included the alleged whistleblower’s name.

Comment

• Nancy ripping the telephone book in half. I thought that strong man trick vanished long time ago?
                  Last edited by WingsFan; February 4, 2020, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• I didn't watch the speech. I read about it afterward.

They're all a bunch of spoiled children who have never worked an honest day in their lives.

I wish the country would throw the whole lot of them out, and start over. Disqualify anyone who has already served.

No more lawyers in government. We need more farmers, truck drivers, auto workers, coal miners, service industry workers, and other non politicians to be elected. The current lot of fools have totally messed everything up. Its time to let some real people fix the problems.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That will fix everything

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        That will fix everything
                        Its called an opinion, sir.

For now, I'm still allowed to have one.

Why do you have to be so mean?
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This link was in a link from one of my news feeds. I've never seen the source - CGTN (China Global TV Network). It's a Chinese Communist party controlled English language news channel targeted at an international audience. So, you can read between the lines there ......

DJIAF jumped again this morning off news reported by CGTN about medications that are working to treat coronavirus. I'd bet its premature if not perfectly timed propaganda but, whatever, it could be something important.

The medications are in the class of drugs called antiretrovirals. Tamiflu is an antiretroviral. These drugs emerged in the 80s as they became effective against the HIV virus. Development since then has been off the charts - mostly because they can be hugely profitable if the companies manufacturing them get patents.

Viruses replicate in vivo by invading normal host cells - taking them over - and forcing their DNA or RNA to reproduce the virus. Bacteria just divide and become more numerous. Antiretrovirals, in the case of HIV and coronavirus, stop the RNA from changing the host cells identity into a virus. Antibiotics stop cell division. The later is easier to do than the former but antiretrovirals have become much more effective over time, e.g., HIV can be mostly controlled these days where in the past, just 25 years ago, a DX of HIV was a death sentence (see Queen's Freddie Mercury).

Anyway, this could be good news for thwarting the coming apocalypse. https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-02-0...NJK/index.html
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't support Liney's Cambodian Approach, nor do I think there needs to be a change out. While the Founders envisioned a government where representatives set aside their own self-interests, did what's best for the country and assiduously avoided faction, that never really happened (I'm sure there are outliers -- George Washington certainly). And, you know what -- the consensus-based institutional structure is perfect in my book.

Though, I would support sending The Wizard to Congress. Anything to get him off this forum.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• It'll be interesting, Jeff, to see if you're right and China's "cure" turns out to be propaganda being used to settle markets.

BTW, this sounds like my personal hell. 3700 quarantined on a massive cruise ship for potentially 2 weeks off the coast of Japan after 10 passengers test positive.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-test-positive

Comment

• I've been following California's minimal efforts to address its massive housing shortage. I'm not sure why, but I am. So, GFY. In any event, California couldn't even pass a bill that would rezone areas near mass transit stops for multi-family dwellings. https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...bill-rejected/

And then someone like Senator Harris has the balls to propose that the FEDERAL government subsidize high rental costs. And I'm sure Bernie has some sort of plan where it's all free -- I'm sure housing is a right.

But for the way Californians vote, it's basically the "Capitalist Income Inequality Hellscape" that Ds think is the rest of America.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Working...
                                X