No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Indy soon. Any recs appreciated.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Sun King Brewery if you like microbrews (can't remember if you do or don't). From the main hotel area downtown it's probably a bit too far of a walk this time of year but it's less than a 5 minute cab or Uber ride

EDIT: It's a big warehouse sort of space and probably not somewhere you'd spend hours but the beer is good.
      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 12, 2020, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Thanks. I like beer. I like the micro brew warehouse bar thingy. We have a few here.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 1. Sun King
            2. St. Elmo

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              Thanks. I like beer. I like the micro brew warehouse bar thingy. We have a few here.
              Ah, well you will probably like this then. It's one of the biggest, most popular microbreweries in Indiana.

I've never made the trip to the Big10 championship game but everyone I know that has really likes Indy's downtown. Very walkable and lots of bars & restaurants around the hotels if that's where you're staying. I've heard of St Elmo's Steakhouse but I have never eaten there and can't vouch for it. But it's supposed to be one of those throwback institutions that'll make you feel like you're in Mad Men or whatever.

Oh, ha, and if you feel like eating at a very casual Pittsburgh-based institution, I know there's a Primanti Brothers downtown somewhere. If you've ever been to Pittsburgh you're probably had 'em. Big sandwiches with french fries on em

Comment

• Ha well if Talent vouches for St. Elmo it's probably worth a stop for a cocktail at least

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• lol...it's crazy that Indiana has a Primanti but there's not a single one in Ohio as far as I know? Maybe by Youngstown somewhere?

Comment

• And truthfully...I don't think they're that great

Comment

• It was great when I was hungover as shit.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          It was great when I was hungover as shit.
                          Was PJ's around when you were at OSU? That's kind of a Primanti sort of place

Comment

• Sorry to break the comity

I know he's trying to run to the right of JEFF FUCKING SESSIONS but hearing Tommy Tuberville, formerly a coach at a prominent CFB program, talk about how "the cities" are under the control of Sharia Law is just bizarre.

VESTAVIA HILLS — Two of the leading Republican Senate candidates appeared at a meeting of the Mid-Alabama Republican Club (MARC) on Saturday. U.S. Rep. Bradley Byrne (R-Fairhope) and former Auburn University head football coach Tommy Tuberville stressed their conservative credentials to the around 100 attendees in the room. Both candidates took pleasure in the events […]

Comment

• No PJs. Burritos as big as your head at La Bamba.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• What is B10 CG?

Comment

Working...
                                X