Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFY
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah as looks like hope for that of Biden after all
      Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Some of the polls out today certainly suggest that Biden is getting a big bounce from South Carolina. Someone needs to find a GIF of The Undertaker rising from the mat.

Comment

• awake wake up GIF

Comment

• I knew I could count on you. Andrew Bernard never disappoints.
            Last edited by iam416; March 3, 2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's also worth noting that the Ds are so fractious right now that they've managed to break up Public Enemy. That's a group that's been together over 30 years, survived 8 years of GWB, the current term of PDJT and seemingly countless episodes of the horrifically awful Flavor of Love. Got through it all. Until they had to choose between Marxism and Freedom. I always greatly preferred Chuck D as the MC, but today I say, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, Boy!

The only downside to this is that Strangelove don't care as his cracker ass probably never listened to a PE song. If it were, say, One Direction splitting up then I'm sure he'd be despondently heartbroken and, thus a complete victory secured by Heroic Message Board Purveyor of Truth -- me. Maybe next time.

Comment

• Given the complete control the Chinese have over their financial system, I wonder who owns this bank account? Think in a Communist country a foreign transaction involving $400k would go unnoticed/unflagged? Chinese military or intelligence services? Are our intelligence services aware of these type of operations?

Oh wait, I forgot. doesn't believe or trust our intelligence services. Deep state and all that .

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/02/busin...ned/index.html
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The polling and bounce for Biden has caused 538's model to take a dramatic shift. Now saying a 60% chance of a brokered convention but Biden now has a better shot than Bernie

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...mary-forecast/

If you trust the most recent polls, Biden looks poised to swep the five SE states tonight (Bama, NC, Virginia, Tennessee, and Arkansas). He should win Oklahoma. He might, might, win Texas. Bernie will win California (but the polling has gotten much tighter there), Utah, Colorado, Vermont, probably Maine, possibly Minnesota, and possibly Massachusetts.

Just from a PR and momentum standpoint things look better for Biden even though Bernie may increase his delegate lead in the long run. Nearly all the states that'll close before people go to bed are states where Biden seems like he'll do well. California, by far Bernie's biggest haul, probably won't be official until after NEXT week's Tuesday contests.

Biden now seems like he'll hit 15% everywhere. Bernie probably will too except maybe in a place like Alabama. What really helps either of them is if anyone else clears 15%. Biden should want Warren and Bloomberg to hit 15% in California, for example, because it'll limit the total number of delegates Bernie can get. Likewise Bernie will want to see Warren/Bloomberg do well in Biden's states.

Denying Bernie Massachusetts would be Warren's last hurrah. Maybe there's a small chance Biden can win Minnesota if Amy's endorsement means anything.

Finally, no one know how much impact early voting will end up having. But the people who vote early tend to be unswayable people anyways.
                    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 3, 2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Given the huge day in the Marxism vs. Freedom battle royale, this will go unnoticed -- but today is oral arguments in the CFPB case that will determine the constitutionality of the CFPB. It's quite the political hot potato, but it's also a really interesting Constitutional/separation of powers issue. I'll be sure to post a link to the argument transcript when they go live as most of you twits are congenitally unable to navigate to the website.

Comment

• The brokered convention goes by the wayside when Bloomberg and Warren drop out. The only question is how many delegates they end up claiming. If it's only a handful, then someone will win outright. If there are 300-500 third party delegates then it might be hard for Biden/Sanders to get to 1991.

Sanders is in this shit for the long haul, too. Lenin and Castro would never concede. Neither shall he!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Given the huge day in the Marxism vs. Freedom battle royale, this will go unnoticed -- but today is oral arguments in the CFPB case that will determine the constitutionality of the CFPB. It's quite the political hot potato, but it's also a really interesting Constitutional/separation of powers issue. I'll be sure to post a link to the argument transcript when they go live as most of you twits are congenitally unable to navigate to the website.
                          Do you know off the top of your head if there are implications for the independence of the Federal Reserve in that case or is it very specific to the CFPB?

Comment

• Do you know off the top of your head if there are implications for the independence of the Federal Reserve in that case or is it very specific to the CFPB?
                            I don't know enough about the structure of the Fed. I know that the issue is specific to the structure of the CFPB. The problem, I believe, is that the director can only be removed for cause. They do not serve at the discretion of the President. Which is very peculiar given that it's described as an "executive agency." So, you'll have issues as to whether Congress, when delegating power to the Executive, can tie their hands in that fashion. I think it'll be exceedingly clear in the trascript.

So, I don't think it's an issue with the Fed, but I don't know what the structure of the Fed is, so I can't say for certain.

Comment

• Also, there's a real issue as to how the structure of the CFPB affects the interested party here. That is to say, how are the damaged by the structure? That's an issue the Court could decide the case on and avoid the whole Constitutional issue.

Comment

• The Brit Hume thing is WAY more interesting than this chatter.

Color me disappointed in all of you.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X