No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My infernal employer blocks twitter so I can't even see it. So, STFU.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      My infernal employer blocks twitter so I can't even see it. So, STFU.
      Brit posted a screenshot of his computer with some browser tabs left open. Appears he's got a bit of a thing for vinyl bondage gear. I had to google for articles about it because he appears to have deleted the original tweet.

Comment

• Speaking of presidential appointments and getting into the weeds about executive powers...but Trump finally got his hand slapped for abusing the Federal Vacancies Act to sidestep the Senate. A federal judge on sunday ruled that Ken Cuccinelli's appointment as Acting Head of USCIS was illegal because he never served in a subordinate role within the organization. Also renders every decision or order he's given null and void.

They will appeal I'm sure but this throws a bunch of immigration policies up in the air

EDIT: Sorry, Cuccinelli's official title is "Senior Official Performing the Duties of Director"...LOL

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...nlawful-118477

Comment

• I'm not sure he'll appeal. That's obstruction of justice these days.

But, yeah. District Court judge. Meh.

Comment

• If RBG croaks Trump should appoint a "3L Acting Senior Clerk Performing the Duties of an Associate Justice"

Comment

• Meant to include this schedule earlier. I tend to think the order in which polls close tonight will aid Biden's "messaging", even if Bernie ends up with more delegates down the road thanks to California

7 PM
              Vermont
              Virginia

7:30 PM
              North Carolina

8 PM
              Texas (except for the two westernmost counties)
              Oklahoma
              Tennessee
              Alabama
              Massachusetts
              Maine

8:30 PM
              Arkansas

9 PM
              Minnesota
              Colorado

10 PM
              Utah

11 PM
              California

American Samoa and Dems Abroad - ???

Comment

My infernal employer blocks twitter so I can't even see it. So, STFU.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Fed just surprised everybody by cutting rates by half a percent. First time since 2008 they've dropped it a full 50 points in one move

Comment

• Free money!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Meant to include this schedule earlier. I tend to think the order in which polls close tonight will aid Biden's "messaging", even if Bernie ends up with more delegates down the road thanks to California

7 PM
                      Vermont
                      Virginia

7:30 PM
                      North Carolina

8 PM
                      Texas (except for the two westernmost counties)
                      Oklahoma
                      Tennessee
                      Alabama
                      Massachusetts
                      Maine

8:30 PM
                      Arkansas

9 PM
                      Minnesota
                      Colorado

10 PM
                      Utah

11 PM
                      California

American Samoa and Dems Abroad - ???
                      I still say that Bernie cleans up tonight big time.

Comment

• I just voted. I was surround by knuckle dragging, mouth breathing Trumpsters. Jesus. I can't believe I live in Alabama...
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Gotta watch that screen sharing and shit, man.

I guy at work the other day was presenting and a really embarrassing e-mail alert from a Reddit group that you do not want to be known as being part of popped up in the tray for everybody to see.

Comment

Free money!
                            The swings in this market the past 2 weeks are just wild. Dow was down about 200 when the Fed announcement came. Immediately shot up 500 points. Then almost as fast crashed all the way back to -200 again. Now it's near even.

Comment

• As for the decision to cut rate by 50 points...I think it's more of a symbolic gesture than anything. A "hey, we've got your back" sort of message. But one maybe worth making?

The more practical side of that debate counters with the fact that rate cuts don't get Chinese factories back online or convince people that it's a good idea to travel right now.
                              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 3, 2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Why not write every taxpayer a check for a thousand bucks instead? That would pump stimulus into the economy faster than a rate cut. Just like the Trump Corporate Welfare Tax Cut, business will spend the cash on stock buybacks and executive bonuses.

Ask the retirees with IRA CDs and pension funds how they like the rate cut.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X