No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China didn't have a national lockdown.

Comment

• Dow futures are down over 850 points again because of course they are.

Comment

• China didn't have a national lockdown.
        I just can't do this anymore. I can only say the same shit so many times. China locked the infected areas down like a motherfucker. If the US only has 1 or 2 infected regions then it won't need a national lockdown. If it's spread across the entire country, well...

Anyway, I'm done with responding to the willfully daft and, presumably, trolling posts.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Dow futures are down over 850 points again because of course they are.
          Damn. I was just going to post -- Which way will the Dow move 1000 points today?

I guess we know.

Comment

• The power struggle between Alex Azar and Seema Verma is now possibly causing unnecessary dysfunction at HHS during what might be this generation's great public health crisis. Unfortunately, how can you fire either of them now?

Comment

• The push to increase testing in the U.S. for the novel coronavirus has hit a new stumbling block: shortages of key chemicals needed for the tests.

Comment

• Tim Alberta, who correctly pointed out 4 years ago that Trump's success in the (R) Michigan primary spelled trouble for Clinton in that state, now looks at yesterday's result and says Trump should be very, very worried. He focuses quite a bit on Livingston County, and the Detroit burbs, where turnout was significantly up for the Dems versus 2016.

Comment

• There's a nearly zero chance he wins M.

Comment

• The last four weeks -- where the Ds avoided a catastrophic nomination and where PDJT's only real message was completely undone by global pandemic -- has more or less made November a guaranteed win for Biden. Before that, I was actually up to a 50/50 toss-up. Now I'd say PDJT has maybe a 5-10% chance. I think it's far more likely that the Ds get to at least 50/50 in the Senate.

Comment

• Dow is down ~950 points right now so I assume sometime around 2 o'clock Trump will emerge from a meeting to declare that they just discussed a terrific plan with many dramatic steps that are utterly huge and no one thought possible. A big tough lookin doctor was in the meeting and he's never cried in his life but today he cried because he got to see the Oval Office and he said Trump knew more about medicine than anyone he's ever met.

Market rallies to finish in positive territory.

Comment

• Michigan did recently elect a dimwit Dem as governor, and has been foolishly electing Debbie Stupidnow for years, so I suppose its possible that dingbat Joe could carry Michigan in the general election. Especially if R's stay home like they did yesterday.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• rrrr.JPG
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• This probably explains the market's fall today ...... Treasury Secretary Munchin announces that there won't be any broad economic response to Coronavirus, backs a smaller plan. Congress will be on recess next week so, only what legislation can get through in the next 72h will be considered. WTF!

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I'd like to see how Wisconsin votes in the primary, it might be over by then to get any meaningful data.

Comment

• Dow is down ~950 points right now so I assume sometime around 2 o'clock Trump will emerge from a meeting to declare that they just discussed a terrific plan with many dramatic steps that are utterly huge and no one thought possible. A big tough lookin doctor was in the meeting and he's never cried in his life but today he cried because he got to see the Oval Office and he said Trump knew more about medicine than anyone he's ever met.

Market rallies to finish in positive territory.
                                That's tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X