No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Trudeau's wife has tested positive.

Comment

• Yeah he's in quarantine

Comment

• And Michigan is shutting down all its schools now too

Comment

• All the Asian stock markets getting pummeled. Dow futures down 800+ a little before midnight

Comment

• Sick people across the country say they have been denied testing, even when a doctor says they need it.

Comment

• Dow futures are all over the board tonight. Down 800 to up 900, at 4am up 450. What a ride.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Unfortunately, I have to leave the safest environment on the planet right now. A cruise ship. Back in Fort Lauderdale now. We actually tried to last minute extend our cruise. Too late.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I have had two semesters of advanced epidemiology. Ask me anything.
                  When will The Nick finally emerge from the film room to strike down this demon virus once and for all?
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Alex Jones ordered to stop selling coronavirus "cures". This is generally despicable but I admit to laughing when I heard he was peddling a toothpaste that kills "the whole SARS-corona family at point blank range".

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is hawking a silver-infused toothpaste he falsely claims has the power to kill the new coronavirus. The InfoWars founder claims the product has been verified by feder…

Comment

• A sobering fact I saw recently is that no one knows exactly how long infected individuals remain contagious. There doesn't seem to be any consistency on that. There's a study of Chinese patients that found it ranged from as little as 8 days to as many as 37.

I guess there's one patient from the Diamond Princess that first tested positive a month ago and still was testing positive as recently as yesterday. Some people will have very little threat to themselves but are capable of spreading it for much longer than the typical 2-week quarantine we hear about.

Comment

• Yeah. We're still operating, more or less, in the dark. And that's the problem. As with any rate, mortality rate depends on the correct denominator and the correct units. We know the numerator, but we are, I think, somewhat clueless as to the denominator. We have a minimum number -- people that showed symptons and tested positive, but that could be a very incomplete percentage of the total. If it's only 50% then the rates all halve.

I do think it's safe to say that information we have is pretty much the highest conceivable mortality rates.

Comment

• The FDA expedites a Wuhan coronavirus test. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...0-times-faster

Buy Roche stock!

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Accurate

Comment

• Agreed.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X