No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I wonder why anything in the House "relief" bill needs to be permanent.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        The FDA expedites a Wuhan coronavirus test. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...0-times-faster

Buy Roche stock!
        Better late than never.

From CNN- I'm assuming the numbers are accurate but haven't vetted them. Once widespread testing happens i'd expect these numbers to skyrocket but the mortality rate will obviously fall like you say. Must say though that even without widespread testing, this is an alarming growth rate

KNOWN CASES IN US

3/5 -- 227
        3/6 -- 331
        3/7 -- 444
        3/8 -- 564
        3/9 -- 728
        3/10 -- 1,000
        3/11 -- 1,267
        3/12 -- 1,645

One of my other takeaways from yesterday is that the authorities in NYC are very nervous about the hospital system being able to handle what's coming. The mortality rate will obviously tick up a bit if people are being kept in tents or hallways rather than what would be proper care in normal times.

Comment

• One of my other takeaways from yesterday is that the authorities in NYC are very nervous about the hospital system being able to handle what's coming
          You mean we (and everyone else) has a capacity issue? We don't have a fuckton of open hospital beds lying around? We don't operate ICU capacity at 25% just in case we have to deal with a pandemic?

Yeah, no shit. Capacity is the problem. And it's going to be problem almost everywhere. Certainly in Europe (whether you're socialized medicine or not) or the US. No country reserves hospital space just in case of a pandemic.

I blame Hospital Administrators. May they all rot in hell.

Comment

• Shit...I missed this...this is grim. Italy's ICU units are strained to the point that they have begun advising hospitals to reserve them for people with the best survival rates. In other words de-prioritize treating the elderly.

CORONAVIRUS cases have soared in the past 24 hours with doctors warning medics should stop treating the elderly and focus on those with better survival chances.

But a small glimmer of good news, Italy's Patient No. 1 has finally left ICU and is on the road to recovery

Comment

• Triage is an emotionless taskmaster of resource utilization.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Again...

They way the Wuhan coronavirus transmits makes it extremely difficult to pre-emptively stop. We can take all these full measures once you see cases, but by then it's probably too late. And there was no real way for Italy to stop this ahead of time. They're not going to shut things down without a single positive test. And by then the cake was mostly baked.

Comment

• Proposal: the typical Hospital Administrator has an office 5 times the size of an ICU (need that much space for the practice putting green). Convert this space into additional units. Tell the administrator to work remotely from the country club, where he spends 2/3 of his time anyways.

Comment

• Dow opens up over 1000. I'd say it's a coin toss as to whether it stays positive. Wouldn't be surprised to see it lose 1000 by the end of the day. Wouldn't be surprised to see anything.

Comment

• Proposal: the typical Hospital Administrator has an office 5 times the size of an ICU (need that much space for the practice putting green). Convert this space into additional units. Tell the administrator to work remotely from the country club, where he spends 2/3 of his time anyways.
                      Counterprosal. Same except hospital administrators to work remotely from Afghanistan as human shields.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Dow opens up over 1000. I'd say it's a coin toss as to whether it stays positive. Wouldn't be surprised to see it lose 1000 by the end of the day. Wouldn't be surprised to see anything.
                        Heh I couldn't believe it when I checked futures this morning because, like I posted, around midnight it was looking like a bloodbath.

And now it's almost 700 points down from where it opened, lol

Comment

• In the past hour Trump has again called for a payroll tax holiday, which neither party's leadership wants and isn't part of the Mnuchin-Pelosi deal. Trump says that it's the ONLY thing that'll help. Ok...

And he's also again bashed Jerome Powell, cast blame on him, and said our rates need to be the same as our 'competitors'. If this ranting jackass had his way, our rates would've already been at zero sometime around Christmas 2018 and the Fed would currently have even fewer tools at its disposal.

Trump adds that the Fed must STIMULATE. Ok, thanks chief.

Comment

• The Masters postponed

Comment

• When they were trying to stimulate the economy after 9/11 they wanted everyone out spending and they tailored it to do that. It is the exact opposite of what you would want right now. You are telling people to stay home, all the measures need to reflect that. All of the standard measures the government usually deploys aren't helpful.

To me the House Democratic plan is a decent enough plan but it is a little too specific, you are better off cutting checks to everyone for the next couple months.

Comment

• Jerry Falwell Jr. says COVID-19 may be a bioweapon created by the North Koreans working hand in hand with the Chinese. It may be the "Christmas gift" Chairman Kim promised America a couple months ago

Oh but it's also no big deal and its danger is being exaggerated just to make Trump look bad.

Fox's own internal memos show they're taking things very seriously: staggering shifts, telling people to work remotely when possible, saying they owe the viewers to handle the story responsibly. But the on-air guests continue to present deranged, irresponsible information.

Comment

Working...
                                X