No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They are using an old school drug but I don't remember the name. They are using it because the ibuprofen is a problem. They need all kinds of vents because it sounds like the best treatment is to intubate much quicker than you normally would on a patient in the units.

Comment

• From the McNews - how long the corona virus survives on different surfaces.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...ts/2866340001/
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Boris Johnson tested positive. Still running the govt

Comment

• Whatever the issue with ibuprofen and corona, there's no FDA testing involved. Ibuprofen is approved and safe. Doctors may choose not use it under certain circumstances for corona because of the suspicions outlined above. But, in no world does the safety of ibuprofen in humans need to be re-proven. Now, if ibuprofen makers want to tout that it is effective against, say, gum disease, then they would not clinical test establish efficacy. They would NOT need clincial tests establishing safety.

And just to reiterate, the current curve for world cases and world deaths is doubling once a week. Let's say it's 8 days. If that doesn't slow down or "flatten" then we're looking at 271M cases by the end of May. And over 6M deaths. And from there -- if the numbers remain unabted -- you're looking at Mad Max shit by early July (4B cases, 96M deaths).

In the US, our cases our doubling about once every 2.5 days. Let's say we get it down to once every 4 days, and that's a huge IF. But, at 4 days/double we'll be at 10.8M cases in 4 weeks.

It's all be lowish numbers to date. To date isn't the scary part. The laws of big numbers and exponential growth are about to kick in and that's horrifying.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Freedom Caucus breaks from Trump and says they will not support the bill. That's different though than what Massie alone is apparently doing, demanding a recorded vote which he knows full well will pass despite his opposition.

Peter King (R-NY) said the following:

"Heading to Washington to vote on pandemic legislation. Because of one Member of Congress refusing to allow emergency action entire Congress must be called back to vote in House. Rick of infection and risk of legislation being delayed. Disgraceful. Irresponsible"

Comment

• I'm just telling you what they are doing on the front lines here. Take it or leave it.

Comment

• I will give Cuomo this...he is a great grandstander...his Cuomo-2024 POTUS push has begun...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah, it won't last. By almost all accounts, he's a total fucking asshole. He may be good at this, but he'll get found out.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Yeah, it won't last. By almost all accounts, he's a total fucking asshole. He may be good at this, but he'll get found out.
                        Talent...one of my sisters lives in Westchester County...she told me to not believe all the superlative hype you see in the MSM...people in her area are relatively calm and feel Cuomo is being melodramatic in order to jump start his 2024 aspirations. Of course I'm sure Team DSL will rip me for posting that...just passing on what an independent voter from Ground Zero is saying.

By the way...her husband is in the NY National Guard and has been activated to duty in the city...he says the same thing. Now he is a Trumper...I also have a lib sis in Long Island...and one in Rochester...they even say that the reaction up there is absurd. Just passing on what real New Yorkers are saying outside the hype machine...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Don't remember if anyone's already mentioned this but NYC is also trying out plasma transfers as treatment.

Doctors are eager to start infusing sick coronavirus patients with plasma from people who have recovered from the disease

Comment

• Did AA really post that we would see 2 million US deaths from the Wuhan Flu?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah, if I could take 2M right now I'd do it in a heartbeat. That's 0.03% of the global population. I'm bracing for the worst case. I could realistically see 25M dead by the middle of summer. That is only 10 doubles away. Assuming 8 days per global death doubling, that's 80 days. And remember, India and Indonesia have basically been on the sidelines to date. And China -- lol -- China's numbers aren't 60/day.

In the US, I think we're looking at 40% infection rate by the end of summer (or sooner) and roughly 3% fatalities. That's about 3.5M. The only thing that changes that equation is if the current undetected infection numbers are much higher than we think and the fatality rate is, thus, much lower than we think. But, I'm assuming around 3%. It's probably about 1% under ideal circumstances, but if you advance to needing a ventillator then you're probably dead -- not the 50/50ish it would be under normal circumstances.

So, yeah, I'd take 2M in a fucking heartbeat.
                                Last edited by iam416; March 27, 2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X