No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump just said he is considering quarantining all of New York, New Jersey and some counties in Conn.

So they ask Gov. Cuomo (New York) about this since he just talked to President Deals. Gov. says this is the first he has heard of it.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• So the fuck what. Do you think they should quarantine those states or not?

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        So the fuck what. Do you think they should quarantine those states or not?
        What would I do?

1) Ask the health people if quarantining the states would help medically.

2) Ask the lawyers if it is possible legally to do that on the federal level. States have a lot of leeway here.

3) See if it is logistically feasible to do so.

4) Talk to the governors of those states (again not publically)

5) Do not even muse about it to the public like Trump just did. You don't announce a quarantine, because that gets people wanting to leave the quarantine and the whole purpose is to keep them there.

Based off of what the medical, legal and logistical people said then I would make my decision. The fact President Deals uttered it to the public is a blunder but that is par for the course for this entire matter.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• As an example of the exponential growth Talent has been talking about, and it gives me a sick feeling in my stomach just saying it, but the time of the first CV19 death in the US to 1,000 deaths was about a month. It's only taken us two days to go up another 1,000 deaths.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; March 28, 2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                ...... one more thing worth mentioning and Froot will appreciate this. I have an MD friend of mine whose wife is a nurse working on the front lines in Ventura Co. CA. The hospital system she is working in has a policy that employees must report high risk contact exposure to COVID-19 patients. If a fever presents, they are to self isolate at home.

My friend wrote a letter to the hospital administrator questioning the policy. His point was that by sending potentially COVID-19 + employees back to their homes, isolation or not and there is no testing, reporting or tracking policies in place, is seeding the infection in the community. Moreover, the hospital will quickly run out of front line staff.

His recommendation? Isolate in place. That means using the hospital or temporary shelters adjacent to them (we call them tent cities in USMC vernacular) to house this cohort. Test everyone of them. COVID_19 + employees who are asymptomatic, have mild symptoms and are not disabled, return to work. Those employees who actually tested + and either had no symptoms at all, mild symptoms or recovered, administer titers to determine viral status. Much more of great value to working the problem can be done from that information.
                Before my wife goes in every night she has to do a screening.

They are working under the impression that any of the critical patients they attend to have the virus even if they haven't been diagnosed as COVID. There have been a few patients that we're not diagnosed initially with it that turned out to have it.

At the end of her shift she is dehydrated, the gown and mask make you sweat 5 pounds off and it is too much of a hassle to get anything to drink or eat during the shift.

Comment

• I read an interesting thing today about exponential expansion.

Suppose there is a 5-acre pond. On the first day of 36, an observer notices a single lily pad. On day two, he notices two pads, day 3, four pads and so forth until the 36th day when the pond is so full that there is no space for any more lily pads.

On what day is the pond half full of pads?

Answer: day # 35

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• And, incidentally, Chinese masks sent to 2 other EU countries are also defective. I hope our media, which fawned over this act, rakes those fuckers.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• People from New York should be staying at home. Stopping cars with New York plates seems like it might be logical, but I think these states are fooling themselves if they think that will stop the spread. The states that don't have a lot of documented cases should be battening down the hatches right now. If you don't have a lot of cases yet, some of it is because you haven't been testing a lot and maybe it got to your region a little later.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                People from New York should be staying at home. Stopping cars with New York plates seems like it might be logical, but I think these states are fooling themselves if they think that will stop the spread. The states that don't have a lot of documented cases should be battening down the hatches right now. If you don't have a lot of cases yet, some of it is because you haven't been testing a lot and maybe it got to your region a little later.
                                And then you have the Alabama gov. not taking this seriously.

When accounting for population and disease spread, Alabama is worse off, not better than its favorite Left Coast foil.

Comment

Working...
                                X