No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. exciting times! Way to follow your dream. You're an inspiration to us all and may you have ovrwhelming success.

Comment

• Hot Rats, IMO. The riffs and grooves have space to breath. But I do enjoy an occasional python boot.

Comment

• Congrats and good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          Well, its finally happened. We closed the deal on our soft-serve ice cream stand today. We are feeling all sorts of emotions. Some nervousness, some excitement. Its a big step. If anyone finds themselves in the Chesaning MI area, please stop on by and say hello. We plan to open sometime in mid-April (shooting for April 14th, requested by Doug) and we want to stay open as long as the warm weather lasts into October. I'll post some pictures if I can figure out how to do it in here.
          Good luck
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            Chesaning is about 2 hours away from Ann Arbor, but if you guys want to have a Friday-before-the-game-tailgate at The Barn, I'll be glad to host it. Just give me a couple weeks notice to get the food ordered.
            Even though I was only half-serious making the Friday night tailgating suggestion (don't want to impose, in other words), I'm open to the idea of taking a side-trip to Chesaning the night before a home game. I'll leave it up to you, Liney, and those who have further to travel, as to setting up a planned date to do it. I saw Jeff's post, so that date he put out there looks fine, as I'm sure he plans already to go the The Big House for the game the next day.

Comment

• To briefly change the subject, here's an interesting class they offer at state---I wonder how many of their "student"-athletes are enrolled, I'm sure they will be leaders in the impending apocalyptic battle to save us from zombies...

And before you dismiss the course as silly, its instructor says students will actually learn much more than personal defense against the brain-craving undead.

Comment

• The tailgate group can stop by any time they like. If there's going to be more than 5-6 cars, I'd ask for a little advance notice, so that I can arrange to steal a couple parking places from my neighbor next door. But, all the folks in here are welcome to stop by any time. Mention the word "Liney" to whomever waits on you (assuming I'm not there) and you'll get a discount. If I'm there, and I haven't met you before, you better introduce yourself ... :-)
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Dead serious: MSU offers new course on 'Surviving the Coming Zombie Apocalypse'

It's actually a mandated course for freshmen...it helps prepare them for dating girls from East Lansing.

Comment

• Helps with their intergalactic recruiting strategy too.

Comment

• Yeah, but they'll never recruit Vulcan like Michigan does.

Comment

• Getting back to some more Zappa tracks:

Here's one (well actually two) that I just have to post--Watermelon In Easter Hay, IMHO the very best of the many Zappa instrumental pieces he blessed us with over the years. Just all-in-all the most intense yet soulful guitar solo I have ever heard. The live version first, you can see the intensity of the Master at work:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9DqykUsqRY&feature=related"]Frank Zappa - Watermelon In Easter Hay - 1988 - YouTube[/ame]

...and once you've been mesmerized by that, then take in the slower (but nearly twice as long) studio version, from Joe's Garage, Acts II and III. It not only showcases his guitar-playing ability, but also his talents as a composer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE6GgxoJN_o&feature=related"]Frank Zappa - Watermelon in Easter Hay - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Time to dump Boeheim?

Syracuse Basketball Repeatedly Violated Drug-Testing Policy, Knowingly Allowed Players Who Tested Positive to Remain Eligible

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...olation_030512

Comment

• Bomb threats out of control at Pitt. 9 times in under a month and they still haven't caught whoever is making them

Comment

• Michigan's Head Coach Kevin Borseth resigns as Women's Head Basketball Coach to return to his previous job.

http://http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120404/SPORTS0203/204040468

Comment

Working...
                                X