Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Do I need to start a chess thread for you two fucks to masturbate over?
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        Do I need to start a chess thread for you two fucks to masturbate over?
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• A joke thread, just for pun.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Survived Spanish flu, died of corona.

Hilda Churchill lived through two world wars and Spanish flu before succumbing to coronavirus.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Two research teams analyzing genomes have concluded that unlike the outbreaks on the west coast, in New York the outbreak was caused mainly by travelers from Europe and was circulating in the City as early as mid-February.

I really have no clue and am just speaking out of my ass but could one of these strains be deadlier than other? If you caught the virus after it had passed through a genetically wider pool of people would the virus be stronger and hardier than if you had caught it straight from someone in Wuhan in January? Or could the opposite be true? Or would it make zero difference?

Comment

• 16 million new jobless claims over the past 3 weeks. Woof

BTW, Canada released numbers today too and they were expecting 500,000 jobs lost and the actual number was over a million.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah. NYC was fucked the moment this thing not controlled by China (and I'm fairly certain that wasn't a realistic option). The cake was baked. It was coming to NYC and it was going to be a real problem.

I don't know how frequently the virus mutates. As noted previously, the natural selection mechanisms that typically operate aren't really that important at the moment. If it mutated into something more dangerous then that's just bad luck.

I'm not even sure how much it would change. The mechanism is going to remain the same. The path of attack is going to remain the same. The flu mutates all the time and, more or less, it's about the same. It very rarely stretches outside the fat part of the bell curve. The most determinative factor (in the US) for flu issues is how effective that year's vaccine was (not very this year).

So, if I were to guess I'd say: (a) mutations are probable; and (b) the mutations probably incrementally affect -- in either direction -- outcome in a population with absolutely no immunity.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Fed continues to amaze. Before the bell, the Fed announced an additional loan program for businesses ($600B) and cities ($500B) designed to support them with low interest loans over the next 90d. DJIF were down a bunch with the new UE figures about to be officially released but reversed with the Fed announcement and opened up about 1%.

I still don't get the bullishness. Global economies are fucked. Big time. This in spite of economists talking about innovation and reshaping of every aspect of the global economy that will produce a lot of surprises WRT GDP growth. There are plenty of bears out there predicting a sharp market reversal at some point. I just don't see economies springing back any time soon.

The CDC released back to work guidance for essential businesses yesterday. I don't see much of anything different in the new guidance. Essential workers are already working. Workers that do go back per the "new" CDC guidance are going to be masked, separated and restricted to an extent that full functionality of the various business sectors will be impaired.

I'm still enjoying the return of some of my losses though I doubt that will last.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I just spoke with a colleague in India. As part of their 21 day "stay at home" order, the cops are using drones to patrol the streets. Only allowed to necessity shop from 7am to 1pm , the biggest transgressors are kids playing cricket in the streets as they consider this lockdown as a school vacation. This has tapered off as their parents are the ones fined. No decision on if the lock down will be extended to the end of the month, Modi to decide next week.

Comment

• So what happened to the estimated two million dead in the US Talent/AA that you were both claiming would be great if that low? Latest estimates now are 50,000 or fewer? Social distancing did all that?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Comment

• You are correct. It's not over. Neither is the flu. Or fatal accidents. Or cancer deaths. Or suicides. Or.......

Millions of peoples lives have been at best turned upside down and at worst ruined because of this AA. I'm probably going to end up closing both my businesses and liquidating as best I can. Probably end up dipping into my retirement funds...hell will probably deplete most of it. The government assistance programs are a fucking Band-Aid on a broken leg.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X