No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell if my life is worth $5 Mil to the government...write me that check...and I'll kill Talent to balance it out...I'm a team player...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Where is all this money coming from? Another $2.3T (link below)? How many trillions will we be in the hole for by the end of the year? Will the next "Tax Reform" push all annual income below $10M into the 80% tax bracket to pay for it? (Those above this thresh hold get taxes cut to zero.)

The Federal Reserve is continuing its extraordinary efforts to prop up the United States economy in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. The Fed launched a $600 billion program for hard-hit states and local governments.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• US Government. The world's biggest counterfeiter...that's who.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• As of this morning.

Capture.JPG
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Ah damn, Mort Drucker passed away (not from corona). Anyone who read Mad Magazine as a kid will be familiar with his work

His illustrations of celebrities for Mad magazine’s movie and television satires inspired countless cartoonists. Actors, politicians and others knew they had made it when he drew them.

Comment

• What me worry?
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                I'm not comparing the two in the way you think DSL...I'm making a point that the US Government does not care about lives like you think. They accept a certain number of deaths will occur in their policy decisions. It should be balanced based on the overall good of the people as a whole. Seems to me here that isn't the case. We are hunting a hummingbird with a fucking nuclear warhead. Yes we will kill the bird...and cause massive pain in other areas. Like it or not this was a catastrophic approach and will cost this country for decades. $2.2 Trillion spent thus far with a lot more to come...and how many lives will we save with that investment? Hard to say but let's just say for argument sake that we save a million lives and end up spending...oh I don't know $5 Trillion before it's over...that's 5 million dollars per life saved.

You may not like seeing this put into dollars and cents...but the government has always placed dollar amounts on lives in policy decisions.
                The link below is one study groups estimate of the cost in terms of GDP for each month that current mitigation policies remain in place. The study estimates a 5% decline in GDP per month or 10% to date and $2.3T (there are key assumptions and caveats - read the paper). The novel aspect of the study is that the authors contend that a relaxation of mitigation policies can be differentiated across regions - counties to be exact. However, to do that requires granular data on the costs and benefits of current public health policy.

The authors contend that it is up to the public health sector and other policy makers .....

There are gads of studies that estimate the cost per life saved from COVID - needless to say, they are all over the place. But, for example, let's say it's costing Broward county in FL 5% per month of it's GDP ($110M) to keep current mitigation measures in place or $1.1M. Using one estimate of the cost per life saved in the COVID circumstance, if the cost of treatment per life saved is $300K, then mitigation measures that cost more than $1.1M/month (roughly 3.6 lives saved/month) aren't cost effective.

What you are looking at with this calculus, and using deaths per day as a proxy measure, is finding the point at which your daily death rate is less than 0.12 deaths per day (3.6 deaths/month). Broward has reported 58 total deaths since March 13 or on average 1.9 deaths per day. Clearly, by this calculus, until that death rate in Broward Co, declines significantly, you would not want to eliminate mitigation policies. However, there are plenty of counties in the US where this calculation will show mitigation measures should be relaxed and in the neck of the woods where Wiz lives, pretty sure he could open things back up.

The average value of averting 1 COVID-19 patient death ranges from $600,000 to $4.6 million depending on what method is used to make the calculation.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Capture.JPG

Comment

• Well yes JB...it should be a state, county and local decision for the when and hows...right now the cost per estimated life saved is astronomical...like I said before let's use the $5 trillion mark (even though I believe it will be much higher) and a million lives saved (which I think will be much lower as I don't think we were ever in danger of losing 1-2 million people regardless of our approach)...but for argument sake...that is $5 million per life saved. Truly ridiculous amount of money.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• We have whole hospitals in the Detroit area devoted to COVID, like there are no other fucking patients. This is with social distancing, but yeah compare it to fucking car crashes and the flu.

Comment

• I believe the number if car crashes deaths in the state of Michigan is between 600 and 800. We gone have past that in COVID deaths in 10 days. But by all means open it up business as usual.

Comment

• You are right...we spend lots lots less money saving lives from the flu and car accidents than Covid. Good call on that...dumbass.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fuck off you piece of shit

Comment

• Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• New York is temporarily using parks as burial grounds, but let's talk about the flu.

Comment

Working...
                                X