No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the counties in Ohio that got out to an early lead in having the most deaths is Miami County. It's not a big county, only about 100,000 people, mostly suburbs north of Dayton. Even now it's still had the 6th most deaths though. Ahead of places like Columbus and Akron. And that's because very early on it became clear that a nursing home out there had an outbreak.

Stating the painfully obvious but we've got two kinds of hotspots. Dense urban centers but also these more isolated examples that could happen anywhere that large numbers of people congregate under 1 roof. Nursing homes especially but also churches, funerals, or factories, like the Smithfield plant in Sioux Falls that has hundreds of cases. That could easily happen anywhere.

Comment

• Anyone ever hear of a guy named Bauserman?
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Metro Detroit area is not very dense and has laughably little in the way of public transportation. But it does have a poor inner city and a big international airport that has direct flights to China and a lot of residents that travel to and from China.

The whole comparison between Florida and Michigan is dependent on the percentage of the community spread. If that is equal then Trump Toady Ron DeSantis did a great job. Such a tremendous job, it makes you wonder why he issued the order at all.

Comment

• 3>2!
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Talent -- I think that people are going to get back to normal very quickly if they are allowed to. If there is football this fall, people will pack the stadiums against the advice of all of the "experts". People will refill restaurants immediately and they will even get back to seeing shitty Marvel movies. People will keep the handshake custom alive, despite the advice of Dr. Fauci, who will perhaps progress to recommending that we all get our hands amputated to avoid the temptation to shake hands. After all, you don't really need your hands, do you?

Comment

• The whole comparison between Florida and Michigan is dependent on the percentage of the community spread.
              Wouldn't the same be true for, oh I don't fucking know -- Sweden and Finland? But, nah -- for those two someone liked deaths. That's how this game works.

Laid. Fucking. Bare.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent -- I think that people are going to get back to normal very quickly if they are allowed to. If there is football this fall, people will pack the stadiums against the advice of all of the "experts". People will refill restaurants immediately and they will even get back to seeing shitty Marvel movies. People will keep the handshake custom alive, despite the advice of Dr. Fauci, who will perhaps progress to recommending that we all get our hands amputated to avoid the temptation to shake hands.
                Herd immunity here we come. I really don't see it, but, again, I've never wanted you to be right about something more.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  3>2!
                  NU-UAT.jpg
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That game was way closer than the score.

Comment

• I think Johnny Rodgers just scored again...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

The only way we get past that is some sort of policy consensus. A lot of people have to be on board because, as childish as that argument is, it's politically devastating.
                        I agree that it is politically devastating. And I wish that there was a way to mitigate that. Perhaps it is as simple as having a few outspoken leaders finally take a stand on it, kind of like what happened with open borders and immigration.

Comment

• Well if cases have not significantly dropped by mid-summer I don't think you'll have to worry about attending any fall sporting events, unless high school football in Iowa is your thing.

But that said, even if the games are played, if there hasn't been an effective treatment developed by the fall I'm pretty much steering clear any situation where I'm packed shoulder to shoulder with people for a while. I think there's plenty of people like me. "Back to normal as if nothing's changed" is a fantasy without medical breakthroughs.

Comment

• If there's any truth to the "warm weather will make it go away" claim, having it snowing in the 3rd week of April ain't helping.

fucking Ohio weather

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Wouldn't the same be true for, oh I don't fucking know -- Sweden and Finland? But, nah -- for those two someone liked deaths. That's how this game works.

Laid. Fucking. Bare.
                              No it's true for any comparison, the point being we don't know and until we do it is hard to make any comparisons.

Comment

• "Back to normal as if nothing's changed" is a fantasy without medical breakthroughs.
                                Right. Most will soldier through in getting back to work provided there's some sort of social distancing measures in place. Most (IMO) will not voluntarily seek out activites that are anathema to social distancing.

Comment

Working...
                                X