No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiz, question for you ...... let's say the county you have your sports bars in (and I assume food is also served) can get through the Plan gates and operate within Phase One guidance. In Phase One, bars should remain closed but "large" (whatever that means) sit-down dining venues can operate if appropriate social distancing can be maintained. Then, your county quickly moves to Phase Two where restaurant operations are less restricted with regard to distancing and bars can operate if they can do so with "diminished standing room occupancy."

Given that you can't have a full bar crowd and can still only have a restricted number of eat in diners, would it be worthwhile to open your places?

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The news this morning was Dr. Oz apologizing for suggesting schools should re-open during an interview with Hannity yesterday evening. Not surprisingly, a twitter storm ensued harshly criticizing him for allowing that if schools reopened it was OK to have a 0.02 - 0.04 increase in new cases as a result. He said these are the kinds of risks we are going to assume with reopenings. It's hard to understand why reasonable people don't understand this ..... I'll ignore the idiots out there - none of them here - who will never understand as part of the American tapestry.
      Dr. Oz was actually referring to a study that said school closings reduce the risk of corona deaths by 2-4%. He wasn't even say there will be a 2-4% death rate and, ha, that's just fine! He was saying that if the CFR with schools closed is, say, 2% and then (based on the study) the CFR with schools open is 2.08% (max) so it seems worth it to him to open schools.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Irrespective of his recent comments, Dr. Oz is a certified quack. The fact that he gets airtime is amazing to me.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Given that you can't have a full bar crowd and can still only have a restricted number of eat in diners, would it be worthwhile to open your places?
          That's the real question. Given the overhead that's ain't going away, you could probably staff and purchase in a way that generates a net positive income (assuming people show up) -- net positive NOT counting overhead. They're still going to lose money. No one opens up a restaurant on the model of 20% capacity. But, it I'd bet restaraunt owners could find a way to open and lose less money than they would have -- eat a modestly smaller shit sandwich.

Comment

• Irrespective of his recent comments, Dr. Oz is a certified quack. The fact that he gets airtime is amazing to me.
            Correct.

Comment

• Bars and non-fast food restaurants make a good deal of their profit off beer, wine, and liquor. Getting even a portion of that back would be nice. Also, in most states, servers are paid less than 3 bucks an hour and live off tips - that are gone now.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Irrespective of his recent comments, Dr. Oz is a certified quack. The fact that he gets airtime is amazing to me.
                  As the reputations of Oz and "Dr." Phil sink lower and lower some people are actually turning on Oprah a bit. She's the one who "made" both those guys.

Comment

Irrespective of his recent comments, Dr. Oz is a certified quack. The fact that he gets airtime is amazing to me.
                    First, thanks talent for clarifying the Oz percentages.

Second, Oz is TV personality. To my knowledge he's not practicing and has not for a while. He practiced for a few years then decided to earn money dispensing wellness advice. There are claims that a lot of what he says is not based on good science. I agree with that to a point ...... he doesn't always tell the full story on complex medical issues. Most actual MDs agree with that. If he had a 4 hour show instead of an hour or less, he might do that.

I've seen his show a couple of times. I've never seen him give out advice that was potentially harmful for viewers who are tuning in. I don't see anything wrong with explaining in lay terms why being obese increases your risk for any number of diseases or eating veggies is better for you than eating meat. Of if you want to eat meat, these are good choices. The people that watch his show are more likely to watch TV than read medical journals on these subjects. They are also way more likely to listen to Oz sitting in front of their TVs drinking sugary sodas and actually changing their behaviors than they are their own PCPs ..... and that's if they even go to one.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fauci has been toiling fighting infectious diseases for 4 decades, it's no surprise that you an arm chair critic like Hannibal would target him. The fact is the custom of handshakes is one of the biggest transmitters of these viruses. I'd be more concerned if the guy fighting infectious diseases for 40 years said he couldn't wait to be back shaking everyone's hands.
                      Last edited by froot loops; April 17, 2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• I have heard you defend Oz before, Jeff. He is a certifiable moron.

, we have used astrological signs to examine our personality and how we interact with those around us. . . Discover what your astrological sign can tell you about your health

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          Wiz, question for you ...... let's say the county you have your sports bars in (and I assume food is also served) can get through the Plan gates and operate within Phase One guidance. In Phase One, bars should remain closed but "large" (whatever that means) sit-down dining venues can operate if appropriate social distancing can be maintained. Then, your county quickly moves to Phase Two where restaurant operations are less restricted with regard to distancing and bars can operate if they can do so with "diminished standing room occupancy."

Given that you can't have a full bar crowd and can still only have a restricted number of eat in diners, would it be worthwhile to open your places?
                          Good questions JB...in my case yes because we have always done a substantial amount of carryout business anyway in fact my numbers aren't down as much right now as many restaurants are. That being said...we did for a short while have a no more than 10 guideline for us in place before they shut down dining rooms and bars completely. Some guys I know in the biz are down 95% because their business/cuisine is just not takeout friendly. We do a gourmet deep dish pizza and very good wings (voted #2 in pizza and #6 in wings in entire state) so both of those items are extremely takeout friendly. Steak places...not so much. The only time the lack of bar or limited bar would really hurt me substantially is weekends and specifically Saturday for Husker games as we are packed (I can seat 120 people) so if restrictions are still in place this fall I'm screwed. In the short run...coming months...it will be worth it but income will be probably less than half what I normally make. The PPP program will help but if restrictions run through May I will need more cash. If we get another round of this in the fall it will be devastating.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• For the love of George Teague, AA, get back to posting useful shit. Or start. Either way.

Comment

• Do you serve barbecued Vienna sausages, wiz?

Comment

Bars and non-fast food restaurants make a good deal of their profit off beer, wine, and liquor. Getting even a portion of that back would be nice. Also, in most states, servers are paid less than 3 bucks an hour and live off tips - that are gone now.
                                EFZ. Right now we can sell carryout booze but it's a fraction of the sales and profit. I'm being aggressive on food pricing too so as to keep traffic counts up so my food/liquor cost right now I'm sure has skyrocketed. Sales are not bad overall but profit is down considerably.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X