No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My vote is pretty well locked in. However, given what seems to be the "President-in-Waiting" status of the VP, Abrams as the nominee would make it the single most painful vote I've ever cast. It would horrific.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Look, the BUCKRAKEN stuff is as good as I get. A bit of notice would be nce.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Dear lord, SkaterBoi69...
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Look, the BUCKRAKEN stuff is as good as I get. A bit of notice would be nce.
            Your craving for attention is duly noted.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• AA is this forum's Jerry Krause. He's not simply content to bask in the glow my genius posts -- like watching Jordan play.

Comment

• lol to all...

Comment

• When I saw your pretty post, AA...

Robert Redford Nod GIF

Comment

• I really do try to be an honest broker on COVID, BUCKRAKEN moniker notwithstanding so, I'm taking a step back. Sort-of.

You can't reopen without sufficient people in your county's public health department to contract trace. I'm less hard-over on testing. This even though state and county officials are mouthing the crap coming out of the mouths of "experts" who say, everybody needs to be tested. In a perfect world? Yes. They don't in an environment where resources are limited. You do other things such as taking measures to reduce the risk of exposure, while you are reopening.

I've been looking for data on FL's public health system that might illuminate how ready FL actually is to contract trace. There are APPs that can substitute for humans doing this but I've not seen a lot of talk about this locally. Talk at the state level is generalized with no specific plans available that I can flesh out of the news.

An investigation done by NPR (linked below) shows a lack of tracking capability nation wide ..... but that fits the don't reopen narrative so, I'm skeptical of the accuracy of the data. It says states need 30 people doing contract tracing per 100K residents. FL has 2.3 according to the survey. There are a few states that either have it or will meet the need before reopening, MI is one of them. Few meet that threshold. The survey method is flawed, IMO, so, not buying it.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...what-we-learne

Nevertheless, it's no secret that Public Health services in the US have suffered from lots of budget cuts over the years and that is really a shame. Goes right along with the lack of preparedness for the current pandemic that was completely predictable. Conservative states like FL have felt that Public Health Services get abused as a means of furthering eligibility for UIB by the unemployed. Previous FL Governor, now Senator from FL, Rick Scott, decimated unemployment services and public health services during his time in office. His opponents say he did that to inappropriately force people back into the work force. Perhaps not completely due to that but FL, before COVID, had one of the nation's lowest unemployment rates. Desantis is scrambling to try to overcome the UIB issue which is real, if not a bit overblown by his political enemies, in FL That's a long story.

The Public Health tracing task, though, is a big deal to me, for obvious reasons, when thinking about reopening. The problem is that this kind of nitty-gritty stuff doesn't make it into the press conferences conducted by state or local officials or the public record - that I can find. What I have heard is that state health officials who are asked, and there was a recent interview (not a press conference) of one of them, saying that, " we are ramping up hiring of contact tracers. Numbers? Haven't heard. The good news is that there are plenty of people who could be hired to do the leg worth - it's mostly phone calling. - if the infrastructure were expanded with help and direction from the state level.

I'd like to see that before I continue to fuck-holler about reopening. So, a small step back.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 28, 2020, 11:20 AM.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Report out saying Trump's going to sign an EO ordering meat processing plants to remain open under the DPA.

Comment

• You got to love the guy who wants to make sure McDonalds is well supplied.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Report out saying Trump's going to sign an EO ordering meat processing plants to remain open under the DPA.
                          There's something about an EO protecting meat producers from liability as well as the DPA action you note, DSL.

Nothing specific and you have no idea if what is coming out of Trump's mouth when he conducts impromptu press conferences (this one was while taking questions after a meeting with Ron Desantis) is actually truthful or accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            AA is this forum's Jerry Krause. He's not simply content to bask in the glow my genius posts -- like watching Jordan play.
                            So you are saying that AA will one day force you to retire for you only to come back a couple years later a shell of your posting self on a mediocre forum while he runs this one into the ground? Hmm....hmmmmmm......might be worth it.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              You got to love the guy who wants to make sure McDonalds is well supplied.
                              Well it will make President Bill Clinton happy .
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• So you are saying that AA will one day force you to retire for you only to come back a couple years later a shell of your posting self on a mediocre forum while he runs this one into the ground? Hmm....hmmmmmm......might be worth it.
                                That's exactly what I'm saying, amongst other things.

Comment

Working...
                                X