Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I am ....... your post occurred just 2 minutes after mine which is proof positive you didn't read it. Shameful.

I am clearly the most informed person on this forum regarding the subject of COVID no matter what talent might assert.
    So I ask you, when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that AA reads the post or that Talent doesn’t bugger young boys, or that DSL can type something coherent without getting drool on the keyboard, who do you think they're praying to? Now, you go ahead and read your Bible, Jeff, and you go to your church and with any luck you might win the annual raffle. But if you're looking for God, he was in the Miscellaneous Thread on May 13 and he doesn't like to be second guessed
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• This is a more encouraging tangent than the "fucktard" tangent of yore. Well, less discouraging.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't know, posting to claim originality for the word fucktard, this after credit being given to where it was due for the word dispositive, could represent a new low in quality forum posts.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Please find bleach, syringes and MAGA hats in the next room.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• To be properly descriptive, and who gives a shit who originated this beautifully descriptive word, the fucktards in Alameda Co. CA, home of a large Tesla manufacturing plant, that without any basis in facts pertaining to the public health, told Elon Musk that he couldn't open his plant, just lost their stupid argument and relented ..... of course they also announced that they had imposed some additional safety measures to save face.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/13/al...-as-next-week/

I hope this isn't the first and only business that challenges the poor, usually baseless and politically motivated decisions by state and local officials, to keep businesses shuttered.

TBC, re-openings have to be done with appropriate yet not overly burdensome mitigation measures in places with employees or consumers working/visiting there complying with them. There has to be some reasonable enforcement, waaay short of Brown Shirt style, and an effort on the part of businesses to play by reasonable rules/mitigation measures if reopenings are going to work. Opponents of the hand wringing variety are going to have their knives out to try to stop an economic rebound because whatever numbers they might use are up. Businesses have to be squeaky clean with respect to compliance with whatever mitigation measures are dictated to them to fend the fucktards off.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You cant handle the truth! Son, we post in a thread that has idiocy, and this idiocy has to be written by fucktards with computers. Whose gonna do it you, you lieutenant Buchanan? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Talent, and you curse DSL. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Wizard’s death while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence while grotesque and incomprehensible to you saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you talk about parties; you want me posting, you need me posting! We use words like fucktard, moron, buggery. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent wasting time at work, you use them as your bio on Grindr. I have neither the time nor the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleeps under the Princess Elsa blanket that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up an iPad and start to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Among other things, Powell said this morning that among households earning under $40,000 a year, the Fed believes 40% lost their jobs in the month of March.

Comment

• Thank you, AA ...... now GTFO.

Comment

• Aye, post and you may die. Logoff and you will live... at least awhile. And lying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as fucktards and post some horseshit? They may take our computers, but they will never take the 6th best wings in the state of Nebraska!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Among other things, Powell said this morning that among households earning under $40,000 a year, the Fed believes 40% lost their jobs in the month of March.
                      Yeah, we can feel somewhat buoyed by the prospects of re-openings in whatever form they might take but the economic news is bad. No sugar coating it.

It's also worth noting that a goodly portion of those earning under $40K that lost their jobs worked in the travel, leisure and restaurant sectors before COVID. I've been watching videos describing how manufacturing facilities in China, Europe and the US are figuring out ways to operate in the COVID environment. Like I said up thread, there's some cool stuff going on. A US company that manufactures some kind of blower for various uses is gearing up to operate at a capacity that matches renewed demand for it's product. In Be'jing China, big companies are transforming how office spaces will be configured to allow workers back inside - novel ideas that are not particularly disruptive to getting the necessary work done.

But, the travel, leisure and restaurant businesses are going to be physically limited as well as dependent on how consumers of their products are going to react in the coming months. That is going to limit re-employment to a much greater extent than in the manufacturing or services industries.

IOW, we're in for a new and considerably muted economy globally, nationally and locally. My take is 3y to eradicate the social and economic impact of SARS-COV-2 and begin rebuilding a drastically changed global economy that won't be as efficiently interconnected as it was pre-COVID. The current disruptions and post COVID recovery are going to rival if not exceed post WW recoveries and, when viewed in 25 years or so as having as great of a social and economic impact as the industrial revolution. You mere babies in all of this are going to get to see what bearing our current levels of technology and innovation, probably much better than in any of the post periods I mentioned, will have on moving things forward more quickly over the long term.

Comment

• AA, I'm done. I can see I'm only encouraging your mindless drivel. I must admit though the wings thing made me smile.

Wiz, hello.

Comment

• Among other things, Powell said this morning that among households earning under $40,000 a year, the Fed believes 40% lost their jobs in the month of March.
                          No shit. The lockdown is about privilege. If you're rich then this ain't no thing. If you ain't, then you're quite likely fucked.

Good news is that with the helicoptering of money, to date I've come out $3K ahead from the pandemic!
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

No shit. The lockdown is about privilege. If you're rich then this ain't no thing. If you ain't, then you're quite likely fucked.

Good news is that with the helicoptering of money, to date I've come out $3K ahead from the pandemic!
                            Well it's about privilege both ways. If you're well off and can telecommute to a good-paying job, a lengthy shutdown poses lower risk to you. But at the same time, reopening everything and ordering everyone back to work ALSO poses less risk to you. The working poor can't telecommute, can't retreat to a country house, and generally live in more crowded conditions to begin with. They are higher risk from every angle. Which is why in polls that I've seen, despite being the hardest hit economically, they are actually MORE supportive of shutdowns than higher-income groups. For a lot of them they're fucked either way and a majority choose health over income (for the time being).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Well it's about privilege both ways. If you're well off and can telecommute to a good-paying job, a lengthy shutdown poses lower risk to you. But at the same time, reopening everything and ordering everyone back to work ALSO poses less risk to you. The working poor can't telecommute, can't retreat to a country house, and generally live in more crowded conditions to begin with. They are higher risk from every angle. Which is why in polls that I've seen, despite being the hardest hit economically, they are actually MORE supportive of shutdowns than higher-income groups. For a lot of them they're fucked either way and a majority choose health over income (for the time being).
                              I can't disagree with this. Here I sit, comfortably in retirement, a pension, a SS check and stock market, upon which my retirement assets depend, holding up (for now) doing nothing with my days other than reading the news, writing about it and exercising pretty much like normal. My only life changes are a loss of unrestricted social contacts, travel and eating in instead of dining out. There probably won't be a CFB season in the fall, something I have enjoyed nearly all my adult life. I don't think those laid off workers in low paying jobs that can't pay their mortgage or rent, can't pay the utilities bills or make car payments don't give a rats ass about CFB not happening.

Life is reasonably good, I'm not worried about paying my bills, my kids and grand kids are doing fine. My wife frequently reminds me, having come from a much tougher life than I and raised by a single working mom, that I'm among the "privileged" that never had to worry about food on the table or a place to live in. She did.

So, sure, those not so "privileged" are going to suffer a whole lot more than I am. It changes the lens I view the world though - and I can easily be biased in my assessment of it and not overly concerned with an underclass that exists around me.

Setting aside a convoluted discussion about institutional barriers to education and better paying jobs, while privilege has it's benefits, those enjoying them now have made good choices to continue to enjoy them as well as being prepared for whatever shit-storm happens to come one's way. I can't control the misfortunes that befall those that made bad choices along the way and due to circumstances within their control, live from pay-check to pay-check that's now gone, part of a privileged class or not. I can control what I do, how I act and how I decide.

That doesn't excuse me from supporting public policy that addresses the needs of the socioeconomically disadvantaged. That's another discussion entirely but I feel I do my part while at the same time making sure I don't join that crowd ....... my wife, a very practical women, thinks in the short term. By that I mean she worries about problems that she immediately sees in front of her and deals with them. I, OTH, are constantly looking months or years ahead to future problems that I may have to deal with then formulate plans to do that. It drives her nutz ...... she's damn lucky I am that kind of person and conduct the business and financial aspects of our lives accordingly..... I do remind her of it and she rolls her eyes in response.

Comment

• Cliff Notes please JB...for the love of GOD!!!
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X