Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This month's Quinnipiac poll.

Trump's approval handling coronavirus down from April from 46% to 41%. Overall approval at 43%

Does Donald Trump have good leadership skills? 40% say yes, 58% say no. 51% for Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Good commentary on Florida -- Where does DeSantis go to get his apology? -- https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...d-19-strategy/

Of note, Florida actively focused on protecting the most vulnerable -- they actively stopped potential Covid-19 infections from being reintroduced to nursing homes. Meanwhile, Governor Cuomo -- the hero of the Media -- actively stuffed potential Covid-19 infections back into nursing homes. Those were two policies. And it's DeSantis that gets shat on by the Media.
      The article is spot on giving Desantis credit for focusing on the entire range of senior residential living.

Let's be clear that there is a huge difference between the Villages, a 55+, senior residential community in Sumpter Co. (just north of Orlando) with satellite facilities loosely connected to the managing corporation throughout the state and privately operated Assisted Living, Long Term Care and state operated or monitored nursing homes.

The later is where you are talking high risk residents and it goes down from there. What is probably unique in FL's COVID strategy is that almost right away, with limited testing capacity, State Public Health officials focused on widely testing and educating residents and staff in all of these "senior" places. Nursing homes got a ton of attention and the, "sorry," message to hospitals, "you have to keep those patients in the hospital instead of discharging them back to their residences per Medicare reimbursement guidelines," was huge. It did not make hospital administrators happy. "Tough shit," Desantis told them.

So, yeah, Desantis is going to come out of this as a hero to folks that are paying attention but the media will unfairly target him anyway. Such is life.

I do have one thing that doesn't get mentioned in this article that has to do with deferring COVID management strategies to the tri-county regions of S. FL. That includes, N to S on the E side of the state, Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties. While Desantis has been open with regard to what data is driving his COVID management strategy and has been very clear regarding what data he's based his re-opening decisions on, the cluster fuck that is the tri-counties governing bodies has produced not only sets of re-opening regulations coming from one level, but county and municipality officials have been authorized to vary from these. In the case of this area of S. FL, the data being used to make COVID management decisions is not being made available to the public. That's been a valid source of public outcry and criticism. It's probably allowed Desantis to say, when people complain about it, talk to those officials which, in reality, become hard to determine who is in charge.

One place where deferring management to local officials that has worked out, Monroe Co. (the Keys). Monroe county shut down entrance via US 1, S.bound on March 20th. It is probably the only Co. in the US that had the physical geography to isolate and lock itself down like the Chinese did without that advantage. Monroe has something like 72 total cases and 6 deaths since this whole thing went down!
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

So if I have it right, the employees can apply for PPP but unless the employer reports them to the government, nobody's going to know they were fired with just cause. And since PPP, unlike unemployment, doesn't come out of an employer's pocket they aren't likely to care very much or be in a rush to notify the state? That part of the problem?
        Yes, that's entirely possible, depending on how state's UIB offices handle things, and has been noted as a serious shortcoming of the current PPP legislation. Apparently, the next relief package is going to address this.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• America’s Shitstain© is at it again. Threatening to cut funding to democratic governed states (Michigan and Nevada) but not republican governed states (Iowa, Georgia, Nebraska and West Virginia) if vote by mail is made easier.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Wednesday threatened to hold up federal funds for two election battleground states that are trying to make it easier and safer to vote during the coronavirus pandemic.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I only wish you could see his video. It's probably out there. He absolutely demolishes the journalist that asked the question about the firing of this so called "designer and manager and analyst" of FL's COVID Dashboard. She's a low level data inputer that got fired for repeatedly not following direction from supervisors and learning that she had criminal charges filed against her for internet stalking and sexual harassment.

Of course, the FL and now the national press is all over this story of the firing which the original Sun Sentinel author implies COVID data is being manipulated and some data is being suppressed Desantis is furious about this and, from what I know right now, he is justified.

According to one of Sun Sentinel's writers who I contacted about this today and asked him if the paper had vetted the alleged facts in the initial story on the fired girl he responded that, "it's a developing story." These fuckers won't let this shit go when they've been shown they're wrong.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...s-not-involved

Comment

• Never apologize. Ever. Push your narrative, right or wrong and never apologize. Never correct. The narrative must be the narrative. That is what the media is.

Again, it's amazing that anyone could possibly wonder how PDJT's "fake news" talking point has so much purchase with so many people.
              Last edited by iam416; May 20, 2020, 04:22 PM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                Sorry. It’s “On-Cor”:
                AA...if you disparage the glorious McRib again...I shall have to taunt you a second time...191004101607-mcdonalds-mcribs-returns-fall-2019-large-169.jpg
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "Never apologize. Ever. Push your narrative, right or wrong and never apologize. Never correct. The narrative must be the narrative."

That is a very accurate description of Donald Trump as well.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Agreed

Comment

• You can't tell me what to do.....I have 3000 followers on Instagram.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1262833283127226368

Comment

• Again, it's amazing that anyone could possibly wonder how PDJT's "fake news" talking point has so much purchase with so many people.
                        Speaking of Fake News, if you haven't been keeping up with the "Armaud Arbery the innocent jogger" story, that story has turned out to be as fake as fake gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          Speaking of Fake News, if you haven't been keeping up with the "Armaud Arbery the innocent jogger" story, that story has turned out to be as fake as fake gets.
                          Walter Scott had been arrested multiple times and had a warrant out for arrest for failing to pay child support. He had been thrown out of the Coast Guard for drug use. Despite that background, the cop who shot him five times in the back as he was running away, and then planted a weapon by his body, richly deserved to be sent away to prison.

I don't know what "bombshell" rightwing media thinks they've found that justifies what the McMichaels did in the video. But I knew that if Arbery had so much as a parking ticket in his past it'd be used against him.

Comment

• Walter Scott had been arrested multiple times and had a warrant out for arrest for failing to pay child support. He had been thrown out of the Coast Guard for drug use. Despite that background, the cop who shot him five times in the back as he was running away, and then planted a weapon by his body, richly deserved to be sent away to prison.
                            Corrrect. The only facts that matter are those on that night when the would-be vigilantes took it up themselves to kill someone.

The victim's past would only matter if the vigilantes actually knew about it -- thereby potentially justifying some sort of reasonable fear (unlikely). However, if they knew the victim then they're obligated to just call the cops.

Either way, they have an uphill battle (my analysis provided earlier) and nothing that happened outside of the actual shooting in question matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Jesus Christ.

It certainly doesn't look "fake as fake gets" unless you frequent the Daily Stormer

https://www.nytimes.com/article/ahma...g-georgia.html
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm with you CGVT on this case, but it's cute how you think the NYT is just going to report a race issue straight down the line. LOL. One the bigger perpetrators of the Great Ferguson Hoax.

Comment

Working...
                                X