No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Trump continues to rant and rave about how Michigan is doing "illegal" things by allowing anyone to request an absentee ballot for any reason, and is blustering about how he'll cut off federal aid if he has to (sure, buddy), here's an article explaining how voters enshrined into law in 2018 no-reason absentee voting by a 2-to-1 ratio

Oh and as the article notes, at least 37 other states plus DC allow the exact same thing.

Comment

• Speaking of the Arbery case, they arrested the guy that followed them and shot the video on murder charges today.

He originally turned over the video to try to exonerate the two murderers and it did just the opposite AND got him thrown in jail too.

Ain't that a bitch...

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/georgia/g...PW375PT3RCP4Q/
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Been a while since we got a Fox News Poll. How's the President doing? 45% identified as Dem; 42% as Republican. The rest Independent.

44% approve. 54% Disapprove. His worst approval number in the Fox poll since around Halloween of last year.

Barack Obama's favorability is 63%-35%

Who will you be voting for? Biden 48%, Trump 40%. Note that Trump's approval rating is higher than when you put him head-to-head against Biden. This is consistent in poll after poll. The people who don't like either guy are falling overwhelmingly on Biden's side, to an even greater degree than that group went for Trump over Hillary.

Will the sexual accusation against Biden affect your vote? 74% say very little or not at all

Do you think stay-at-home orders have gone too far? 21% say yes

Do you wear a mask in public? 84% wear one at least some of the time

Would you rather reopen the economy even if it meant more would die or stay in shutdown and more people lose their jobs? 55% prefer shutdown, 34% say reopen.

Comment

• Yep Biden is a lock. Go ahead and believe that.

Fucking hysterically funny.

Idiot.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nothing in there about Biden being a Smarty Jones style lock, you illiterate prairie dandy.

Comment

• But, he is.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The management of COVID Pandemic strategies in the two states I'm watching, GA and FL, has become increasingly difficult to discern. I believe this is because of the sharp rise in the political polarization of the two sides, the Ds and the Rs, who both refuse to let go of their current narratives. Accordingly, one gets the rosiest account, in the case of the Rs in these two states and the most damaging, in the case of the Ds. The R's could be accused of polishing the apple while the D's are interested only in tarnishing the records of their political opponents in Atlanta and Tallahassee who are managing their state's COVID response. This problem is made worse, esp. in FL, by the varying re-opening rules that afflict the tri-county region of S. FL.

I admit some bias towards the R Governors, Kemp and Desantis. I tend to believe their presentations of the data - including rate measures - and am distrustful of the opposition take that tends to report absolute new case and death numbers and ignores rate measures making the worst of new cases and deaths. On the opposition D side of the ledger, in FL, they have a legitimate beef regarding the lack of consistency in COVID management strategies (re-opening and the monitoring of it) in FL's most populous region, that of the tri-county region of S. FL. But this story seems to get less press than the "SHOCKING" rise in case #s and deaths. On the R side, they've got the rate data on their side but their argument gets drowned out by the local media and by the national media that continues to advance their "DIRE WARNINGS" schtick.

Depending on who FL and GA citizens listen to therefore, shapes their behavior. There are three groups: The first, I'll call the shopping cart crowd. They don't give a shit, have basically thought this thing was nothing more than the flu and flaunt mitigation measures put in place by local officials. You'll find them crwding onto any beach that is open, packing into bars and restaurants (those run by proprietors who also flaunt the rules, some of them militantly and don't enforce them) and generally disregarding the risks of close contact. Next there is the crowd who understands the risk of the spread of infection, laid low during shuttering and stay-at-home orders and as they emerge during reopening act responsibly and follow the rules. Finally, there are those convinced that they are going to die if they go into a grocery or retail store or, God forbid, go to a hair-salon, barbershop, restaurant or gym that is now open. This crowd is locked inside their homes, getting stuff delivered by Amazon or their local grocer and are the ones that bought pallets of toilet paper and cleaning products, cleaned out meat departments during that scare and now find their food spoiling or can't unload all the dry goods they foolishly horded.

Here in FL and GA, I'm seeing all three groups. It's hard to tell which one predominates because the local news tends to show the "shocking" numbers of young people lined up at bars (that are not supposed to be open but are) rather than responsible citizens enjoying an open, outside dining establishment whose proprietor and customers are following the rules. What I think is going to happen in the coming weeks is that the shopping cart crowd is going to drive a moderate, not severe, rise in new cases and percent positives of all tested and the local media will jump on that screaming "BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS" and, "DIRE CONSEQUENCES REALIZED" and force officials to re-impose shutterings.

Sad.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Things you never hear...JB saying..."...let me get right to the point here..."
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Things you never hear Wiz saying: “Here, try the FIFTH best wings in Nebraska.”
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Pretty big study on hydroxychloroquine (almost 15,000 given some variation of the drug and another 80,000 patients basically serving as a control group). Saw no medical benefits to the regimen. In fact the people that got hydroxy were more likely to die and had higher incidence of heart arrhythmia.

We did a multinational registry analysis of the use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19. The registry comprised data from 671 hospitals in six continents. We included patients hospitalised between Dec 20, 2019, and April 14, 2020, with a positive laboratory finding for SARS-CoV-2. Patients who received one of the treatments of interest within 48 h of diagnosis were included in one of four treatment groups (chloroquine alone, chloroquine with a macrolide, hydroxychloroquine alone, or hydroxychloroquine with a macrolide), and patients who received none of these treatments formed the control group. Patients for whom one of the treatments of interest was initiated more than 48 h after diagnosis or while they were on mechanical ventilation, as well as patients who received remdesivir, were excluded. The main outcomes of interest were in-hospital mortality and the occurrence of de-novo ventricular arrhythmias (non-sustained or sustained ventricular tachycardia or ventricular fibrillation).

Comment

• That's great news.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          .........................................Sad.
                          We'll see sadness on Saturday afternoons starting in September when we have to watch B10 Network TALK about what would/could/should have happened that day.

Comment

• I'm feeling pretty good that there will be a conference schedule played at least. It might be in empty or half empty stadiums though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              I'm feeling pretty good that there will be a conference schedule played at least. It might be in empty or half empty stadiums though.
                              Depends IF you have people on campus. I think it is an open question on that still. Universities are planning for in person (as they should) but in Michigan pretty sure that Whitmer is extending shelter in place past the 28th of this month, so no athletes on campus 6/1.

And if there are no fans.....going to be very tough for a lot of universities to start football.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Fans in the seats is optimal, but the P5 makes a ton on TV revenue. The G5 is fucked, though. People don’t attend those games in great numbers even without a pandemic and their TV revenue is not great.

i think the drop dead date is about 10 days after the official start of summer camp. You need at least 35-40 days to get the players ready.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X