No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend keeps saying "cheer up man it could be worse, you could be stuck underground in a hole full of water." I know he means well.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Why can't you hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom? Because the pee is silent.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Don't trust atoms. They make up everything.

Comment

• What's the best part about living in Switzerland? I don't know, but the flag is a big plus.

Comment

• Why couldn't the bike standup by itself? It was two tired.

Comment

• I used to have a job at a calendar factory but I got fired because I took a couple of days off.

Comment

• A termite walks into a bar and asks, "Is the bar tender here?"

Comment

• A mop walks into a bar and says, “Give me a beer.” Bartender declines explaining he doesn’t serve alcohol to mops. The mop leaves, takes out a knife and shreds the mop strands and ties the shreds into a sheep shank and walks back in and states, “Give me a beer.”

The bartender asks if he is the mop that was just in here. The mop replies, “No, I’m a frayed knot.”

Comment

• Two guys walk into a bar, the third one ducks.

Comment

• A ham sandwich walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender says, "Sorry we don’t serve food here."

Comment

• What did the buffalo say to his son when he dropped him off at school? Bison.

Comment

• My work here is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            Looks as if we found the flaw in your analysis.

"If people are careful,"

People aren't careful.

Christ, when they opened things up around here it was like Christmas. You know, FREEDOM!
                            Trump doesn't wear a mask, they don't wear a mask.
                            Wash your hands? Why? It's just a hoax. The numbers are inflated and even if they are not, it only kills old people
                            Social distancing? Not me. it's just a liberal ploy to make Der Fuhrer look bad.
                            And if I do get it, I'll just take me some hydroxychloroquine. I mean, what could it hurt?

I get it. You can't stay locked down forever. People need to work, but there has to be a balance. Assuming that people are going to be careful should never be figured into the equation.
                            People are selfish and stupid.
                            Yes people are dolts...unable to make sound decisions...but government agencies filled with unqualified, unelected beacons of virtue and intelligence are all knowing! Gotcha. How did this country survive for so long without this guiding light of superiority...I do not know.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Jesus, Wiz. This is no Covid talk Saturday. Get with the program.

Comment

• As some of you my know, I served in the Marine Corps from 1970 to 1990. One of my contemporaries and squadron mates left the Marines in 1975 to attend law school. Since attaining his law degree, he has served with distinction in numerous private sector and government jobs. His legal specialty is water law. For the last year he has served as the Director of the Burea of Land Management (BLM). This is his Memorial Day celebration letter to BLM employees:

Dear Colleague -

Today we prepare to enjoy the upcoming weekend and to observe Memorial Day on Monday under circumstances unlike any our country has seen for a little more than a century. It was, after all, in 1918, as our Nation's sons and daughters fought in World War I in Europe, that the Spanish flu spread around the world. When it ended in the summer of 1919, 675,000 Americans, out of a population of 103 million, had died. Today we face challenging days, but not unlike what Americans in 1918 endured. Nonetheless, despite all that and in the midst of the "war to end all wars," they recognized Memorial Day. So too must we remember.

On May 5, 1868, General John A. Logan called for a nationwide day of remembrance, known as Decoration Day, on May 30, "for the purpose of strewing with flowers, or otherwise decorating the graves of comrades who died in defense of their country[], and whose bodies now lie in almost every city, village and hamlet churchyard in the land[.]” It soon became known as Memorial Day, in 1918 was viewed as honoring American military personnel who died in all wars, and in 1971 became a federal holiday on the last Monday of May.

As a Marine Corps veteran, father of an active-duty Marine, and leader of an agency that boast that 20 percent of its employees have worn the uniform of the United States of America, I am reminded of the words of Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr., who like every other able body boy or man throughout our history sped to the front at the outbreak of war. His senior year of college he enlisted and then was commissioned a first lieutenant and saw action in the Peninsula Campaign, the Battle of Fredericksburg, and the Wilderness, and suffered wounds in the Battle of Ball's Bluff, Antietam, and Chancellorsville.

Decades later, on Memorial Day, he observed, “as surely as this day comes round we are in the presence of the dead. For one hour, twice a year at least--at the regimental dinner, where the ghosts sit at table more numerous than the living, and on this day when we decorate their graves--the dead come back and live with us. I see them now, more than I can number, as once I saw them on this earth. They are the same bright figures, or their counterparts, that come also before your eyes; and when I speak of those who were my brothers, the same words describe yours.” Noting that Memorial Day comes at the end of spring, Holmes continued, “Our dead brothers still live for us, and bid us think of life, not death--of life to which in their youth they lent the passion and joy of the spring. As I listen, the great chorus of life and joy begins again, and amid the awful orchestra of seen and unseen powers and destinies of good and evil our trumpets sound once more a note of daring, hope, and will.”

I pray you are able to spend time with your families this weekend and that, with all Americans, you will pause to bring to mind those who gave their "last full measure of devotion," as President Abraham Lincoln said at Gettysburg, to ensure "that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Thank you again for all your hard work to serve the American people.

Best, Perry

William Perry Pendley, Esq.

Deputy Director, Policy and Programs

Bureau of Land Management

U.S. Department of the Interior​

1849 C Street, N.W., Room 5655

Washington, D.C. 20240

202-208-5670; FAX 202-208-5242
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X