No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not as doom and gloom as I was. I hope to be wrong on the full year death toll. We have several variables before we can be confident, though. My fear is more that we will spike case rate and try to shutter the economy again. I’m more scared of that than the virus at this point.

Anyway, the variables im watching:
    • Second Wave?
    • Acquired immunity longevity?
    • Vaccine?
    • How much did isolation and shutting down the economy down slow things and how much will opening it back up accelerate case load?
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah, I should make clear -- I'm not optimistic; I'm less pessimistic. I was pretty much on-board with total catastrophe -- either by sickness or starvation. I believe the Tanzanians have a saying about that.

I'm now more in line "merely bad" either way. That could go to catastrophe if they cancel CFB.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This sums it up pretty well...and doesn't even touch on police murdering people of color without cause:

To be honest, I don't even know how to respond to this shit anymore. You have a president who seems to be spending most of his time accusing a television host of murder and using his position to try and bully Twitter into letting him spread lies without any push back, while simultaneously laying the groundwork to claim a rigged election due to people wanting to mail in their ballot instead of standing in in line during a possible continuing pandemic that's killed 100k Americans and counting, while he also goes about firing government watchdogs investigating his administration and also trying to coerce states to do his bidding by offhandedly threatening to withhold federal funds.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg without getting into the economic aspect of everything. And approximately 40% of the country is either 100% in support of this stuff or is willing to enable/tolerate it for money, power or furthering their own agendas. It continues to stun me where we are as a country.`

Comment

• How many POC are murdered without cause by the police each year? I certainly concede Democrat-run police departments have had bad incidents, but we're talking 10s. Maybe.

And, of course...LOL. Such trash.
          Last edited by iam416; May 28, 2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• STFU
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Wiz?

Comment

• Spot on post, JD. Don't let Talent bully you into silence like he has most posters. We've lost too many good people around here that way.

Prime, Jamie, Hoss, The_Prophet, I could go on for days.

Comment

• Heh heh

Comment

• No better truth than standing up to a bully. I was following Jamie (before Covid 19) on Twitter, but had to un-follow do to his non-stop politic rants...everyday

still a hothead/ loose cannon.

Comment

• He’s always been wackjob. I imagine he’s lost whatever sanity he had over OSU’s dominance. And PDJT’s election. Warms my heart.

Comment

• One thing about Trump and the upcoming election...if he loses, I don't really know if he'll challenge the results in any meaningful way. BUT I do believe he will at least claim the election was stolen and illegitimate until the day he dies. And he'll urge his followers to think the same. Not so much because he'd love a second term but because his ego is simply too fragile to ever accept being beaten fair and square. All this stuff about mail-in ballots and absentee ballots being MASSIVE FRAUD is laying the groundwork for that. Trump will go down in history as the most psychologically unfit person ever elected. Until President Ryan Seacrest..

Comment

• Wait, claiming an election was stolen and illegitimate is a sign of unfitness? Someone tell Stacy Abrams and, oh I don’t know, the entire fucking D party.

JFC.

Comment

• I hope Biden picks Amy Klobuchar, since whoever he picks for VP will be POTUS one day (most likely). I have had my fill of Trump's nonsense.

Comment

• Yeah, the VP pick will determine if my vote us excruciating or tolerable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Spot on post, JD. Don't let Talent bully you into silence like he has most posters. We've lost too many good people around here that way.

Prime, Jamie, Hoss, The_Prophet, I could go on for days.
                                THE_PROPHET_ still lives you maggot infested fucktard...don't EVER besmirch the legend...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X