• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Wiz?
    Yes?
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Wait, claiming an election was stolen and illegitimate is a sign of unfitness? Someone tell Stacy Abrams and, oh I don’t know, the entire fucking D party.

JFC.
      lol...I've made my position on Stacey Abrams clear. Even if you were 100% convinced Biden needed to nominate a black woman (I'm not), there's at least a dozen people that would be better picks based on competence alone.

And Trump has issues way beyond claiming one election was rigged against him. Most psychologically unfit ever. Name someone worse, if you question that. Nixon had similar issues but at least was a highly intelligent man who knew a ton about foreign countries. You'd probably have to turn to a Harding (dumb, but amiable) or a Buchanan (Jeff's great grand-uncle)

Comment

• All that may be true, DSL. Accepting election results seems like a parody of a complaint, though, coming from a party that spent 3 year’s delegitimizing the 2016 election. I mean — JFC.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Prophet was a huge Sooner fan from way back.

Comment

• BTW, I forgot to mention...earlier today I said that all the Hong Kong stuff hadn't seemed to register with many people yet? Around 3 o'clock Trump mentioned to reporters that tomorrow he'll be having a press conference about China and the market immediately tanked, dropping roughly 300 points in the final hour.

That's not a criticism of Trump or US policy...moreso just a statement that the markets were kind of willfully ignoring that relations with China have gotten worse, significantly worse, over the past week or so. Hard to see how that changes before year's end. Entirely China's fault .

Comment

• China has managed to act so abhorrently that most Western countries are of the same mind. 4 years ago I was ardently TPP and very much anti-tariff and all that shit. It pissed me off that HRC walked back on that. Today, I’m ambivalent and leaning more toward Fuck China. I certainly don’t want any part of a treaty with them — they’re completely untrustworthy.

Comment

• Market has been ignoring a lot of red flags recently that has me baffled. Wanted to buy some Buy Puts this morning but lost track of time because of a work meeting...
                - China relations worsening
                ​​​​​​- $40M+ people unemployed since March
                ​​​​​- Financials becoming disgusting since late Q1 if you are not Papa Johns or Netflix
                - Possibility of a 2nd wave that would set back everything.

But nah, let’s go back to market highs of November 2019 because maybe, just maybe, a vaccine is reportedly making progress.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Federal reserve keeps printing money and buying up assets. The stock market is a sham. Soon we will wish for the good old days of the first great depression.

Comment

• Hoo boy, when a bunch of news happens in the middle of the night, it’s never good.

Comment

• I'm sure Ron DeSantis is to blame. I mean, he opened beaches. Or, perhaps, Governor Kemp and his "experiment in human sacrifice."

I sure know that the underlying crime can't possibly the responsibility of a Democratic city running a Democratic police force that is UNIONIZED to the hilt making it very difficult to remove anyone from employment. Nor could the violent riots be the fault of the people who actually riot.

I know that much. So why not just blame DeSantis. Or Kemp. They opened beaches.
                      Last edited by iam416; May 29, 2020, 06:01 AM.

Comment

• They burned down a police station. I've seen video of a guy breaking windows at a library; when other people called him a dumbass and tried to get him to stop he told them "go be fucking cops". One rioter stabbed another and the guy was bleeding profusely.

A Minneapolis councilwoman claims that Floyd and Chauvin (the cop) were co-workers at a restaurant for years. WTF?? I have no idea if that's true.

In Louisville 7 people were shot. Apparently between protesters. They smashed up a bunch of shit around the Statehouse in downtown Columbus. Apparently a couple actually got INTO the Statehouse.

I've seen depressing video of rioters and depressing video of cops behaving badly (one in Minneapolis was happily pepper-spraying everyone out his car window as he drove down the street). This morning cops arrested a CNN reporter and his crew on live tv. Geniuses didn't think to turn the camera off either. He was released an hour later and the Governor apologized on-air.

The Twitter-Trump feud escalates after they slap a warning on his overnight tweet that it 'glorified violence'. He had used the phrase "when the looting starts, the shooting starts". Now I'm sure Trump hasn't the first clue where that phrase originated but it was Miami's civil rights-era police chief, Walter Headley

This is just a really fucked-up year

Comment

• The personal savings rate in the month of April hit an all-time high of 33%, obliterating the old record

Comment

• They burned down a police station. I've seen video of a guy breaking windows at a library; when other people called him a dumbass and tried to get him to stop he told them "go be fucking cops". One rioter stabbed another and the guy was bleeding profusely.
                            I've seen some reports that the "professional protestors" -- i.e., Antifia -- are there. If I had to guess, anything beyond the first night is primarily instigated by people with a definite agenda. I'm in no hurry to condemn or blame or do whatever to the folks of the TC. But, what's happening there definitely reflects on them.

As does, of course, machine politics police departments that keep a sociopath and/or crazy on their force because....I'd love to know why. Hell, the family of Tamar Rice would also love to know why.

Comment

• I find PDJT's "war" with Twitter to be completely absurd in almost every way. First, an EO to undo legislation is comical. Second, the premise of the EO is laughably bad. Third, the D reaction is hilarious given their own stated desire to regulate social media (and get rid of Section 230!). The messenger truly matters. Heh. Fourth, Twitter then confirms pretty much what we all expect to happen -- an extensive censoring of conservative voices/opinions -- by flagging a PDJT post (https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ying-violence/) of zero consequence. Fifth, social media IS the messaging forum that allows Rs to get around dealing with the preposterous media. So, why not attack it, right? JFC.

Comment

• Sixth, stfu.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X