No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I'm not going to have an emotional breakdown...but it's truly spectacular to watch a US President order obnoxious but peaceful demonstrators tear-gassed before the curfew deadline so that he can hold the world's shittiest photo-op while holding up a book he's clearly never seen before upside-down.

At least if Pence had been there someone could've said a quick prayer.

And then have the Episcopal Church's Bishop go on national tv to blast you for using her faith as a prop and not even bothering to inform anyone at the church that you were coming (not that you care what she thinks but yeah)

Yeah this stinker reeks of Jared.

Comment

• I don’t think him getting out was a bad idea. The ‘hold an upside bible after ambling over to St. John’s’ thing was comically ham fisted.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And, of course, they wouldn’t tell her (the bishop). People have been rioting. Too dangerous.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          I don’t think him getting out was a bad idea. The ‘hold an upside bible after ambling over to St. John’s’ thing was comically ham fisted.
          I can agree with all that.

Comment

• Also, can’t have Pence there. If the President is attacked you need Pence and Mother to be at the ready.

Comment

• Tucker Carlson tonight. Hitting Trump harder than any other night I can recall. Said his Friday night message to American cities burning was "don't worry, the First Family is safe".

"There is no one who has more contempt for Donald Trump voters than Jared Kushner"

"You can regularly say embarrassing things on television. You can hire Omarosa to work in the White House. All of that will be forgiven if you protect your people. But if you do not protect them, you're done"

While I do think CNN laughing at trump for going into the bunker rankles him, it's far more worrisome to him when Tucker, Coulter, etc. do so.

Comment

• The CNN female anchor kept saying that “this is the first time the Insurrection Act has been invoked since 1807” was grinding my gears. You’d think they’d have a fact-checker or whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  The CNN female anchor kept saying that “this is the first time the Insurrection Act has been invoked since 1807” was grinding my gears. You’d think they’d have a fact-checker or whatever.
                  Erin Burnett. Yeah she tweeted something later about being wrong.

Rodney King, right? Although that was also by request of the Cal Governor. When's the last time it was used against the wishes of a state government? Arkansas or some other southern state during the civil rights era?

Comment

• I don’t know that it has ever been used against the wishes of a state’s governor.

If Trump were savvy he would publicly call a blue state governor engulfed in riots and ask, “you need military help?”

The governor says “no” Trump replies “Let me know when you do” shakes his head for the camera and hangs up. Because they want it. And when they ask for it, you release a recording of their request to the media. Anderson Cooper stood on his head to get the Michigan governor to say she would never ask for military and her tap dance around that question would make Gene Kelly jealous.

But Trump isn’t savvy.
                    Last edited by AlabamAlum; June 1, 2020, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• The apparently kept the police off the streets in NYC for hours. Mass looting until 11pm — to honor George.

Businesses were forced to shut down by government. The media shamed anyone who dare argue for reopening. Now they’re being destroyed and the government won’t do a thing to protect them and the Media won’t blame the people doing it or, at worst, cheers them on.

Fuck. This.
                      Last edited by iam416; June 1, 2020, 09:09 PM.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I agree, Talent. The more the authorities ignore the violence, looting, and allow people to flout curfews, the rioters will only become more emboldened.

Comment

• They can’t condemn them, AA. They’re peaceful. And if they’re not peaceful they’re justifiably angry. And if they’re not justifiably angry then they’re provoked by the cops.

So, kids are literally cleaning out stores all over Manhattan. #George

Comment

• You’ve got to set the law and then make examples. It will stop. I remember closing down a new off/campus bar near the University of Alabama 40-something years ago as a bright-eyed freshman It was 2am and that was the city’s mandatory closing time. The owner got on the PA and told us to leave, closing time. About 30 of us said “nah” and laughed and whatever. The owner called TPD and about 10 cops with batons came in and the first one through the door snapped his baton into the belly of the first frat boy he saw, doubling him over and then cuffing him. The rest of us quickly dispatched ourselves from the premises. The following week when the owner got on the PA he didn’t seem to have any issue getting us to leave.

Related: Just saw the Philly police chief say she wouldn’t let officers protect people’s property, which is pretty shocking. This is not the message she needed to give.

Comment

• Joe Biden’s plan: teach cops to shoot people in the leg, not the heart. Really. Sounds like an Onion piece.

Comment

• You’re correct re appeasement vs force. But I’m correct re where this thing is. I’m not shocked by Philly. Or NYC. They’ve capitulated to lawlessness.

Comment

Working...
                                X