Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    DSL is correct except for the attempt to slip in white nationalists into this particular set of protests. The problem is the 3 are inseparable. You can't effectively deal with the motherfuckers without some collateral damage. And then that collateral damage goes viral and media continues bashing police and it never ends. Or, it only ends when there's no more supply to loot.

That's the situation. In this case, you actually need strong voices on the Left standing up and saying "no more." But their emphasis is on the largest group -- the folks exercising their Constitutional right to assembly and speech in an appropriate way. They want nothing to do with the other two groups that are total fucking trash. But the good guys have been co-opted by the bad guys.
    Well, yep.. The "left" has been running around stark raving mad for 4 years now. They have no clue how this rude, idiotic assclown got elected and handed the keys to the nuclear football.

Well, here's one clue: he makes them show their true colors - and people, silent as they may be, at least in public and social media, notice it Yes, it's painful to watch his stunts, but seeing the Dems and their media spoon partners lose their shit is worth the price. The fraudulence and hypocrisy has never been clearer.

Comment

• Buchanan:

This link is just for you -- it's a brilliant archive of just a few of the articles written on the protestors....the right wing re-open now protestors: https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/202...ostPromoterPro

Rarely does the Media prove me so fucking right so quickly, but that pretty much sums up the Media. Their reporting on those two separate protests -- while technically factual -- is exactly why a fuckton of people are wholly with PDJT and his "fake news" trope.

While I as 100% correct about the Media, I was also wrong about people not being idiots. CGVT was correct. I failed to appreciate that leftists would be so blatantly hypocritical and so brazenly disregard pandemic protocols. Snookered, once again, by not setting my expectations for the left low enough.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        The real question is qualified immunity. That's what makes it so hard to prosecute police. As long as they had an objectionably good faith reason for their actions, they're not liable. So, in almost any case where the suspect is armed you're going to hit that threshold. There's a lot of sense to the doctrine given the dangerous nature of the job. BUT, it may be time to re-think it or re-work it. If police were more likely to be liable -- hen presumably you have fewer -- I mean EVEN fewer bad cases.
        As pro-union as I am, reform of police unions has to probably happen too (or abolishing them altogether). Which I think would require changes to their 'duty to represent'. I assume you saw the letter the Minneapolis head of the police union put out? The Cleveland union has been fighting appeal after appeal for six years to get the cop who killed Tamir Rice reinstated..

Comment

• Oh, believe me, DSL, I'm aware of the union bullshit. When I read about this sociopath and his 18 other incidents, including killing someone else (I think), I wondered how he still had a job. I didn't wonder too long. The thing is, too, that the Minneapolis PD is apparently one of the most progressive, forward-thinking forces in the country. And they still didn't (and/or weren't able to) rid themslves of a fucking sociopath.

It's posts and thoughts like this that make it worth wading through your millions of worthless posts extolling the virtues of everything from the vegan bacon to Meg Ryan to Boyz 2 Men.

Comment

• You've Got Mail! was is no way superior to Sleepless in Seattle, sir, and your preposterous claims otherwise are where we must part ways. Good day.

Comment

• Every sane individual knows that Meg Ryan's finest role was as Mrs. Goose. That you prefer her brief cameos is Charles in Charge speaks volumes about your particular sanity. That, and you actually read Buchanan's posts which ought to condemn or eventually send you to the looney bin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                While I've tuned it out, my wife tunes in to ABC's GMA so, I hear it. The lead story was how "professional agitators" are believed to be largely behind the rioting and looting. Mug shots of some of these people arrested in NYC and LA in the last few days accompanied by their rap sheets demonstrates beyond any doubt that they are associated with various groups of anarchists; Several of them were shown to have law degrees and attended prestigious universities ...... as we discussed yesterday, to be inculcated with the crap that has become the left's anti-authority, anti-government rhetoric.

Fuck them..... and, for a change, decent messaging by the press. People need to hear this.
                Marxism is a Godless, nihilistic religion of hate and academia is where this religion is preached. And do not be mistaken -- the people do hate you and they hate your society. This is why Tucker's monologue from a few nights ago is so poignant. "Why are masked lunatics burning Wendy's? -- Because you and I are sinful". You and the rest of society must atone for sin of being White or partaking in capitalism. Watching your country burn is your atonement. Unless, of course, you are one of the unfortunates who gets caught up in the violence itself, in which you become the quintessential egg that had to get broken to cook this venomous omelette.

Nevertheless ,the "professionals" are still only a small portion, and if they are successful with such ease then it still raises the questions of why.

Speaking of the professionals, here are two Ivy League lawyers (no shit) who were arrested for trying to burn down a police station with a Molotov cocktail. The truly privileged attacking the "privileged". I'm sure that the irony is lost on them. They are, no doubt, too deeply indoctrinated to ever have any introspection about this. These people are absolute vermin.

7LYCDKHKRNEMDCUT7OCNH3OC2I.jpg

They were passing out Molotovs to the crowd, trying to encourage them to partake in the violence and destruction. That Ivy League education sure was money well spent (probably not by them though). Their parents must be so proud. And now that they have criminal records, they have credibility, which means that they will follow in Bill Ayers's footsteps and help cultivate the next Barack Obama. It's not an exaggeration to say that Obama idolized these types of people and that the violent Communist lunatics of the 1960's were the primary influence in his life. And now this perverse cycle will continue, with academia continuing to indoctrinate, while the media lies and provides them with propaganda, and Corporate America and cuckservatives cower in fear.

It's difficult to have a positive outlook after having seen how deeply this sickness has spread. A belief in strict law and order and due process has always been a huge part of my belief system but with that having broken down and seeing all of our institutions fail, I'm increasingly gravitating to the conclusion that Pinochet had the only feasible idea for curing society of this human garbage. I'm not fully there yet, but I'm getting really close.

Comment

• These riots add a new perspective to the whole debate on gun control eh? So much for law enforcement being able to protect you in times of crisis.

A knife will work just fine against an angry mob. Or a sword. Just ask this guy...

Comment

• Peaceful protestors.

Comment

• Marxism is a Godless, nihilistic religion of hate and academia is where this religion is preached. And do not be mistaken -- the people do hate you and they hate your society.
                      Lots of truth.

Comment

• In all this doom and gloom and society is collapsing talk, keep this in mind: this ain't shit compared to the 60's.

Comment

• Today Trump will visit the Pope John Paul II national shrine and sign some sort of EO regarding religious freedom. Yesterday we got the inspirational March to the Church and the ceremonial holding of a bible.

Someone maybe got uncomfortable polling data from his evangelical base?
                          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; June 2, 2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• In all this doom and gloom and society is collapsing talk, keep this in mind: this ain't shit compared to the 60's.
                            Society isn't collapsing. And 60s eventually gave us Jerry Ford, so it all worked out.

Comment

• Jerry Ford gave us Jimmy Carter. And Jimmy Carter gave us BILLY BEER

Comment

• Correct. I have 6-pack of Billy Beer in my basement somewhere -- quite the collectible. Assuredly toxic at this point, and likely in 1979.

Comment

Working...
                                X