No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've put you my Maoist purge list, Talent. Do you prefer firing squad or the gallows? Wear something nice. Widows get a free ham.

Comment

• I'm already there, dude. But, it couldn't hurt to have my name on it twice.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Yeah, that's the thing, it's preposterous virtue signaling. I understand getting rid of something is truly symbolic of a bad past or whatever. The Confederate Flag. Shit, even Robert E. Lee. The point about Bragg is that almost no one knows who the fuck he is. There is no symbolic value to his name. Fort Bragg is a place, not a symbol. That's also true of, say, Fort Worth (I assume it's name after some dude named Worth but haven't the foggiest fucking clue who it is).

It truly is Maoist. Or perhaps Stalin. This is a definite purge. Dr. Strangelove has no real interest in drawing any lines because, as we all know, the Maoists and Stalinists aren't operating on principle. The lines will move. So, there's no way for him to risk fall out of favor with his Woke Party Overlords. So he doesn't address anything AA says or otherwise. But, make no mistake, they ain't stopping at confederate folks. LOL.

As was pointed out, the Global Wokes are after, e.g., CHURCHILL. They've canceled Gone with the Wind -- a movie I always thought egregiously long, but it's a piece of cinematic history. Authors are going to be next if they haven't already got it. THIS IS WHAT'S HAPPENING.

DSL, who may not be a full-on member of Cultural Revolution, can whistle past the graveyard all he wants. But it's here..
        They are already after J.K. Rowling. Harry Potter will be next or they will have to redo it Hamilton style with a trans black woman as the hero.

The speed with which we went from a drug-addled felon dying from heart trouble to tearing down statues and cancelling classic movies speaks volumes about how deep the sickness is within our society. I have been trying to raise awareness of this for years but it has always been laughed off as paranoia. I'm telling you guys -- there are no institutional barriers to this horseshit anymore. If you are "All Lives Matter" instead of "Black Lives Matter" then you are basically a man without a country at this point. All of Hollywood, all of the media, all of academia, all of the sports leagues, and all of Corporate America are against you now. And another thing that I have been trying to warn people about more recently is the more radical the nut case kook left gets, the more radical and violent will be the backlash against it when a few competent leaders finally show up. The lunatics are turning the country into an asylum, just like the Weimar Republic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          I've put you my Maoist purge list, Talent. Do you prefer firing squad or the gallows? Wear something nice. Widows get a free ham.
          Talent will probably be fine. I'm screwed of course. But the people who really need to be afraid are the true believers. They are always the first ones to face the firing squad.

Comment

• The radicalization of the American University has finally paid off for the Woke Left.

The purge at the NYT over the Cotton editorial would have qualified as barely believable parody a year ago. Now it's reality. Or the various other editors resigning because they weren't sufficiently woke. It's truly astounding. The Media will brook no more dissent. None.

Comment

• Hanni's just upset to find out his future dystopia looks more like Lord of the Flies instead of Logan's Run or Blade Runner. Was hoping to at least get some sexbots and cool tech in his final days.

Comment

• Sexbots are already here but I'm not interested. I am saving my cash for lucid dreaming machines.

Comment

• Welp...a Senate Committee just added an amendment to the annual Defense spending bill requiring the Pentagon to rename all the Confederate bases within three years. Josh Hawley is the only Republican known to have spoken against it. It could ultimately get stripped out of the bill when the full Senate votes but I'm not sure if that requires a majority vote or note. If so Republicans would need just about every single vote they have to get it removed, including Republicans in Yankee-heavy states like Susan Collins, Gardner, Murkowski, Portman, Johnson, Toomey, etc.

Comment

• The end of systemic racism as we know it. Well done, Senate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Welp...a Senate Committee just added an amendment to the annual Defense spending bill requiring the Pentagon to rename all the Confederate bases within three years. Josh Hawley is the only Republican known to have spoken against it. It could ultimately get stripped out of the bill when the full Senate votes but I'm not sure if that requires a majority vote or note. If so Republicans would need just about every single vote they have to get it removed, including Republicans in Yankee-heavy states like Susan Collins, Gardner, Murkowski, Portman, Johnson, Toomey, etc.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...es-named-after
                      It’s quite topical. And the people who support it can say “SEE! This proves I’m not racist!”

But, as Talent said, this won’t stop with the US soldiers who became confederates. And as I said, historical figures do not hold up well to today’s woke milieu. Hell, my own grandparents were racists. Oh, they didn’t mind black folks but the hatred of all peoples Irish, English, and Nordic was a thing.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Its hard to believe that you guys aren't discussing the real news of the day, in which NASCAR has banned the display of the confederate flag at all of its racen' events.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          Its hard to believe that you guys aren't discussing the real news of the day, in which NASCAR has banned the display of the confederate flag at all of its racen' events.
                          I have mentioned it. it's going to be weird not seeing it before the final lap anymore.

10619910-clouds-and-female-hand-waving-with-a-white-flag-to-surrender.jpg

Comment

• I don't have a dog in that fight but since I think that stock car racing is boring as fuck, I'll wholeheartedly support anything that hurts its popularity.

The real victory will be if we can get everyone on board with the idea that soccer has a racist legacy because it was spread by European colonialism. Ban all soccer. I'll put on an Antifa shirt for that.

Fall sports are going to be great.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; June 11, 2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              I don't have a dog in that fight but since I think that stock car racing is boring as fuck, I'll wholeheartedly support anything that hurts its popularity.

The real victory will be if we can get everyone on board with the idea that soccer has a racist legacy because it was spread by European colonialism. Ban all soccer. I'll put on an Antifa shirt for that.

Fall sports are going to be great.
                              Ban Mexican flags at all soccer events!
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 103462906_10157304333091966_2489206292870223093_o.jpg
                                Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                Its hard to believe that you guys aren't discussing the real news of the day, in which NASCAR has banned the display of the confederate flag at all of its racen' events.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X