No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Atlanta Mayor is yet another intellectual lightweight who has ridden identity politics to stardom.

In other words, she'll make a great VP candidate for the Democrats.

Comment

• Virginia GOP keeps pushing farther and farther right. Riggelman has endorsements from Trump and Jerry Falwell and that wasn’t enough to save him. Virginia Republicans instead choose a guy who wants to end birthright citizenship. Part of what hurt Riggelman too is he officiating a gay wedding, calling gay marriage an individual freedom.

Bottom line is VA Republicans in choosing Good have turned an easy Republican win in Nov into a close race.

A Republican congressman, whose decision to officiate a same-sex wedding last year angered some local Republicans, lost his party’s nomination to a conservative challenger in Saturday’s drive-thru convention.

Comment

• Lawyers for the family of Mr. Brooks spoke Saturday about the deadly shooting. They said Tasers aren’t deadly weapons and the police officers had other options than to shoot him.

“People are sick of watching black men murdered,” lawyer Chris Stewart said at a press conference.
        Yes, the other option is to get tased and have your pistol taken and be shot with it. Just crazy.

Also “murdered”. lol.

(ATL Mayor) Ms. Bottoms had called for the termination of the officer who shot Mr. Brooks. “I do not believe this was a justified use of deadly force.”
        I can’t even...

An Atlanta police officer who fatally shot a black man in a Wendy’s parking lot Friday night was fired, as the Georgia man’s death sparked a fresh wave of anger over police departments’ use of deadly force in interactions with black people.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• They’re gonna have to fire the prosecutor, too, when they say charges are insane.

Off the rails. I’m just gonna sit back and watch to see how far they can go. I can’t see any limits right now. I mean, I think the American flag will eventually be deemed a symbol of racism and, ergo, racist.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Poll has Trump only up 2 points in....Arkansas

<<insert Drudge sirens>>

Only kidding but polling over the past couple weeks has Nate Cohn comparing Trump to Carter ‘80. Not that the current state of the race is what it’ll be in 4 months

President Donald Trump and U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., are struggling with independent voters in Arkansas less than five months before Election Day. A new survey from Talk Business &...

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              They’re gonna have to fire the prosecutor, too, when they say charges are insane.
              Yeah, unless the prosecutor decides that he will play ball and throw some bogus charge against the officer knowing that he will probably have a sympathetic jury.

And with the Mayor already publicly saying this was an unjustified shooting, at the very least, the family gets a big check.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Or do you advocate that all drunk drivers stopped by police get off free? That the cop’s job is simply to just take their keys and call them a cab?
                I think that's exactly what some communities will propose.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Well there you go if there’s video of the whole thing including him pointing the taser at the cops and he previously failed a sobriety test then this is pretty case closed.
                  You can't be serious. The rule of law regarding justice in a case of alleged police brutality is no longer being applied so, no, this isn't "pretty case closed."
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• LMFAO they burned down a Wendy's.

Wendy's on June 3.

The Atlanta Wendy's on June 13

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi2.wp.com%2Fwww.thepigeonexpress.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F06%2FProtesters-burn-down-Wendys-in-Atlanta-where-black-man-was-slain-by-copsfi.jpg%3Ffit%3D697%252C430%26ssl%3D1&amp;f=1&amp;nofb=1.jpg

EacPfVTX0AEVeqV?format=jpg&amp;name=large.jpg
                    Last edited by Hannibal; June 14, 2020, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I think that's exactly what some communities will propose.
                      I'm counting on some sense of the requirement for police and law enforcement will prevail after all the virtue signaling over the killing of George Floyd abates. I think it will.

TBC, I have no problem with addressing problems with policing - when they actually exist and there is evidence that it does. The political momentum - some of it precipitating it nonetheless insanely bad - creates an environment for sensible people to act. You know how I feel about the media with respect to COVID. It's equally bad in it's ability to report the facts and create the correct messaging in the Police Brutality circumstance as it is for COVID. AA mentions it by naming the press the "handmaid" of the angry AAs wishing to create their own reality, one that is much worse than what is really going on within most law enforcement organizations.

I strenuously object to expanding the implications of the singular issue of unnecessary violence by police in carrying out their otherwise lawful duties to the wider issue of racial discrimination. They are distinctly different problems, albeit with some overlap - with different solutions. Law makers can and should come up with them making sure that they are legislating to create substantive change for the good rather than passing some bull-shit that panders to the loudest, mostly unreasonable, voices.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You can't be serious. The rule of law regarding justice in a case of alleged police brutality is no longer being applied so, no, this isn't "pretty case closed."
                        Correct.

Take everything you think is rational or unimaginable and throw it out the window. I'm 100% dead serious when I say the American flag will, eventually, be deemed racist. I think the Jefferson Memorial is dead as fried chicken. Think about some ludicrous shit and then just brace yourself for it happening.

Sit back and enjoy.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "We're better than this" -- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fprimepatriot.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F06%2FWendys-Atlanta-Getty-1024x768.jpg&amp;f=1&amp;nofb=1.jpg

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
                          Last edited by Hannibal; June 14, 2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Correct.

Take everything you think is rational or unimaginable and throw it out the window. I'm 100% dead serious when I say the American flag will, eventually, be deemed racist. I think the Jefferson Memorial is dead as fried chicken. Think about some ludicrous shit and then just brace yourself for it happening.

Sit back and enjoy.
                            I'll greatly enjoy watching more assets from cowardly corporations get burned to the ground by the country's "victims". The rest of it might not be so fun.

Comment

• EaedvStWkAICOmL?format=jpg&amp;name=small.jpg

EaedvSpX0AI4pQv?format=jpg&amp;name=360x360.jpg

Comment

• According to the Wall Street Journal, the last American receiving Civil War benefits has died. Irene Triplett, age 90, was receiving $73.13/month for her dad Mose Triplett's service in the Union 3rd North Carolina Mounted Infantry (Kirk's Raiders). Mose fathered Irene at the ripe old age of 83 and lived to be 92 when he died in 1938.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X