Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I'll reiterate .....we're going to see these. They offer great shock value.......out of context as if nothing is being done about it,

Let's step back off the cliff or in your case a desire for horrible things to be occurring now or in the future

TBC, none of these high GRs and steep splines we're seeing are good news. First, don't compare these with other countries - they either collect and report differently or they lie out their asses. Obviously that doesn't make what's going on in the US OK. It's not OK and steps need to be taken to reduce GRs.

I've made it clear what I think those steps need to be. I don't agree with various talking head, PH officials (some guy from , oh, yes, he must be good because Harvard School of Public Health, is getting a lot of ABC press time) saying we need to "roll back" reopenings. That is stupid and it is not going to happen. Selective or targeted closings? Backing away from moving forward with reopening riskier veneues? I'm ok with that. Other measures? Sure. But fuck him for talking like the US needs to shutter businesses and go back home and stay there until, well, I don't know. The mask debate, which I tried to flesh out what is important and what isn't in an earlier post today, is contributing to what appears to be chaos at all levels of government. That kind of talk is unnecessary and damaging to public confidence.

I'm also disappointed in Fauci. Right...... I get that he's frustrated about being hamstrung by PDJT but don't appear to throw up your hands. I'm seeing state and local action and none of that is getting much attention nationally and fortunately it is locally and I read about it there. These local actions are not signs of panic, chaos or impending calamity. They are signs of a measured response ..... never ever give credit for that.
    Jeff Cliffsnotes: DSL, you are absolutely correct, those numbers are quite bad.

Comment

• Heh ..... Not exactly.

Thousands die each year in MVAs.

"Absolutely" correct.

However, 46% of deaths in the US are related to heart disease and cancer. Accidents account for 2.9% of all US deaths and MVAs are third on that list that includes falls and unintentional poisoning.

Context. Details. The whole story can't be told in Cliff Notes, hot takes or a one line entry in a post.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Biden getting some backing from the right.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-to-back-biden

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Well, the pandemic has cost the US trillions in direct payouts and more trillions in lost GDP. It’s hard for me to fault Trump on this (even if he did have some Pollyanna “It’s gonna go away quickly!” proclamations.
          He was still singing that tune earlier today:
          https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattper.../#9cec7a838eb8

Comment

• We’re not going to have college football at this rate.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

We’re not going to have college football at this rate.
              Did you see the article about the Alabama students having a contest over who could catch covid first?

Comment

• It really seems like someone is deliberately leaking drips of information because hours after the admin insists again that there was no solid evidence tying Russia to bounties, the NY Times says intelligence agencies can name the same the exact man who served as the Russian middleman

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/01/w...middleman.html

Comment

• Columbus statue comes down. Flavor Town is gonna happen.

A statue of Christopher Columbus was taken down in Columbus, Ohio, Wednesday morning amid renewed criticism over the legacy of the explorer. Crews arrived around 3 a.m. with a crane to remove the b…
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• guy fieri GIF by Food Network

Comment

• Mich State fires Hsu over his “controversial” paper and ideas. His latest win is publishing a paper that stated their was no racial bias in police shootings.

Comment

• Nothing to see here. Glad he lost his job. That’s what you get for following scientific method.

BTW, “scientific racism” is almost directly on cue with what I was saying today. But, hey, this stuff doesn’t actually happen and couldn’t possibly become widespread.
                        Last edited by iam416; July 1, 2020, 08:59 PM.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Mich State fires Hsu over his “controversial” paper and ideas. His latest win is publishing a paper that stated their was no racial bias in police shootings.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/schola...gainst-blacks/
                          Liberals love science LOL.

Comment

• It makes you wonder how many other modern academically accepted “truths” are the result of such Stalinist purges and censorship. Thou must not violate the commandments of the Church of Marxism, lest yeh be branded a heretic. You know that they are censoring the truth now. What other truths have been censored?
                            Last edited by Hannibal; July 1, 2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Mich State fires Hsu over his “controversial” paper and ideas. His latest win is publishing a paper that stated their was no racial bias in police shootings.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/schola...gainst-blacks/
                              For starters, Hsu is tenured and is returning to his Professorship. He's only been fired/resigned from his position as "Senior Vice President for Research and Innovation".

MSU Senior Vice President Stephen Hsu resigned from his leadership position after making comments about the recent outcries against police brutality.

Hsu has been championed by the Right and despised by the Left for a long time. He's faced accusations that he is a practicing eugenicist. Here's an article from 2013. It notes that he was talking about the possibility of people paying "big money" for genetically engineered 'genius babies'.

Jason Richwine quit Heritage Foundation amid controversy over his Harvard dissertation on race and IQ. Critics are now raising questions about work by a Michigan State physicist and vice president.

Here is a counter to his defense

Also, LMAO, Hsu tried to save his own skin by throwing Hanni's boy Molyneux under the bus saying he only became a controversial figure some time after Hsu went on his show. Implying he would not go on the fucking slobbering racist's show today. Maybe don't feel so bad for this guy, Hanni!

Stephen Hsu: "One of the video clips is taken from an interview I did with YouTuber Stefan Molyneux in 2017. Molyneux was not a controversial figure in 2017, although he has since become one

I have not responded to these nasty Twitter attacks , but unfortunately they have gotten enough traction that I feel I need to respond now. ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

For starters, Hsu is tenured and is returning to his Professorship. He's only been fired/resigned from his position as "Senior Vice President for Research and Innovation".

MSU Senior Vice President Stephen Hsu resigned from his leadership position after making comments about the recent outcries against police brutality.

Hsu has been championed by the Right and despised by the Left for a long time. He's faced accusations that he is a practicing eugenicist. Here's an article from 2013. It notes that he was talking about the possibility of people paying "big money" for genetically engineered 'genius babies'.

Jason Richwine quit Heritage Foundation amid controversy over his Harvard dissertation on race and IQ. Critics are now raising questions about work by a Michigan State physicist and vice president.

Here is a counter to his defense

Also, LMAO, Hsu tried to save his own skin by throwing Hanni's boy Molyneux under the bus saying he only became a controversial figure some time after Hsu went on his show. Implying he would not go on the fucking slobbering racist's show today. Maybe don't feel so bad for this guy, Hanni!

Stephen Hsu: "One of the video clips is taken from an interview I did with YouTuber Stefan Molyneux in 2017. Molyneux was not a controversial figure in 2017, although he has since become one

I have not responded to these nasty Twitter attacks , but unfortunately they have gotten enough traction that I feel I need to respond now. ...

And without tenure, he would be fired. To remove someone from a senior position for publishing a controversial manuscript is iffy at best. It’s certainly not usually done in academia. I find it troubling.

People would pay big money for eugenics. It’s being done now.

He would have been controversial, regardless. Appearing on Molyneux’s podcast didn’t help.

Comment

Working...
                                X