Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    We’re not going to have college football at this rate.
    I didn't see this information in any previous posts, but today Oklahoma reported 14 cases of COVID.

I think you're right. I'm moving my prediction to less than 10% chance that its played in the fall.

Could it be moved to the spring? Lots of big money on the line.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He's faced accusations that he is a practicing eugenicist
      This is the best line in DSL's sorry justification for the purge. The truth doesn't matter. Only the accusation. But, hey, it's all nonsense if you compare the current Leftist purge to McCarthyism.

He would have been controversial, regardless. Appearing on Molyneux’s podcast didn’t help.
      The podcast, the eugenics -- it's all for show. The reality is that he pushed back on the BLM Narrative and that's what got him fired. Period. End of story. Do you really think that if he had been a fine upstanding researcher who simply touted academic studies about police bias that he would have surivived? LOL. This is a one-strike and you're out purge, AA. And anything that contradicts The Narrative is a strike.

#CancelSTEM. Facts are only going to get in the way of this train.

There was once a time when "academic freedom" meant something.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah. It’s shocking. Academia typically has not operated that way. And thank god for his tenure, because he can still teach, albeit with a reduction in pay and prestige.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I realize genetics is now verbotim and part of "scientific racism" -- so, I guess my posting of this link makes me a racist. But, Jim Geraghty mentions the possibily of genetic predisposition and Covid: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...rus-infection/

It's only notional and shorter than most Buchanan posts. But, Buchanan will enjoy pondering on it and writing a 10,000 word rebuttal and DSL can call for Geraghty's execution.

Comment

• Yeah. It’s shocking. Academia typically has not operated that way. And thank god for his tenure, because he can still teach, albeit with a reduction in pay and prestige.
            I'd hope, at some point, the real academics there -- the ones that actually use the scientifiic method; the ones that actually publish in peer reviewed journal; the ones who actually employ intellectual rigor -- I hope this majority will push back against the departments that do none of this.

BUT, I don't think that's going to happen. They have strength in numbers, but the genius of the purge is to pick them off one-by-one. No one stands up for the singleton and before you know it they come for you. But they never come for the group.

"STEM is racist" and "scientific racism" are emerging terms now, but they'll be widely accepted soon enough. And that's more horrifying than the complete re-writing of American history by the same people. But, I don't really need to do a comparative take because both are going to happen.

Comment

• I’ll never forget how liberating it was when I got into academia wrt religion. As an admin at a hospital, it just wasn’t done. You had to bow your head at prayer breakfasts and a thousand other things like that that made me feel like a hypocrite - you didn’t dare express an opinion on god because the majority of hospitals are backed by Baptists, Methodists, or Catholics in this area. It just wasn’t accepted to do anything but play along. In academia you could say, “yeah, the concept of a bearded, all-knowing, all-powerful sky dad is silly” and no one batted an eye.

That may be changing. I fear that we’re entering a phase in academia with so-called social justice politics as an unquestionable religion. If you say “the notion of police killing unarmed black men is largely a myth” you are a heretic and are to be shamed, punished, and possibly banished.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Roll Tide !!!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-st...ry?id=71552514

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  Many of those are not University of Alabama students. There are HS kids and three colleges in the area who are involved. People treating it like chicken pox. It will make for an interesting study on acquired immunity, but, yeah, they are morons.

Comment

• That may be changing. I fear that we’re entering a phase in academia with so-called social justice politics as an unquestionable religion. If you say “the notion of police killing unarmed black men is largely a myth” you are a heretic and are to be shamed, punished, and possibly banished.
                    Well, that's a no-brainer. From God for the Gaps to Racism for the Gaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I'd hope, at some point, the real academics there -- the ones that actually use the scientifiic method; the ones that actually publish in peer reviewed journal; the ones who actually employ intellectual rigor -- I hope this majority will push back against the departments that do none of this.

BUT, I don't think that's going to happen. They have strength in numbers, but the genius of the purge is to pick them off one-by-one. No one stands up for the singleton and before you know it they come for you. But they never come for the group.

"STEM is racist" and "scientific racism" are emerging terms now, but they'll be widely accepted soon enough. And that's more horrifying than the complete re-writing of American history by the same people. But, I don't really need to do a comparative take because both are going to happen.
                      Don't worry the Republicans will fix it all after the 2022 mid terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I realize genetics is now verbotim and part of "scientific racism" -- so, I guess my posting of this link makes me a racist. But, Jim Geraghty mentions the possibily of genetic predisposition and Covid: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...rus-infection/

It's only notional and shorter than most Buchanan posts. But, Buchanan will enjoy pondering on it and writing a 10,000 word rebuttal and DSL can call for Geraghty's execution.
                        FWIW I didn't see anything to really take issue with in Gerahty's piece. He didn't brush off the social inequality aspects, in fact he cites it as "almost certainly' a cause for higher death rates among Hispanics and blacks. He makes a nod at genetic predisposition having a role. But that's a far, far cry from what the genetic determinists claim.

Comment

• Just to sink AA and Talent further into the depths of despair, here's the letter signed by over 500 Michigan State faculty calling for Hsu's removal. Yes, there's lots of people from the Departments you'd expect: Music, Religious Studies, Romance Studies, Community Sustainability (huh?), but there's also a lot of Biologists, Chemists, Physicists, etc. etc.

Comment

• Why not post the counter-petition? Goes contra to want you want, I know.

You're really a pig in slop these days, man.

Comment

• If anyone here is wondering why nobody trusts subject matter experts enough to wear masks, academia's Pod People Pig Squeal type response to any opinion that they don't agree with helps illustrate why nobody takes 'experts" seriously anymore. Just a few weeks ago, a thousand legitimately credentialed health care professionals signed a letter saying that white racism is a serious public health issue. It just goes to show you that no amount of education can cure you of being completely retarded.

Comment

• But, again, this all happened because some student union was outraged that the dude had the temerity to point to actual scholarly research on police bias in shootings. That's it. That is the reason the he's gone.

Now, some of his colleagues surely had an ax to grind with him, but that ax doesn't get ground if Hsu just kneels and swallows the lie.

That's it. There really isn't anything more to this. Dispute the Narrative that the Police are hunting down black folks and be banished. That's where we are. And the Left LOVES it.

Again, there was a brief moment when the Left stood for freedom. Academic freedom. Freedom of expression every conceivable art form. Freedom of individual self. But that was soooooooo illusory. It's back to the more tradional leftist/marxist view of things --- freedom to express approved ideas. That's it.

Comment

Working...
                                X