No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, CHOP has been dismantled reasserting my optimistic view that reasonable people will prevail in the stupidity of this sort of social experimentation.
    That it existed for so long is still surely enough to cause your optimism to shake just a little.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• In one of my shortest posts ever, the Hsu firing, no matter the off-setting arguments to defend it from DSL, is both an indication of the dangers of the culture canceling activities of the left and a harbinger of more of that sort of thing to come. TBC, I'm not in the Hanni/talent doomsday camp.
      I'm not sure I like sharing camp space with Hanni, but I guess I'd rather be there than celebrating purges.

But, you know, if you think it's a harbinger of things to come, you're a lot closer to me then you may want to admit.

Comment

• Jeffrey Epstein's partner in crime, Ghislaine Maxwell has been arrested.

How long before a convenient camera malfunction allows her to mysteriously commit suicide?

Comment

• Yeah sure, they bravely fought for the freedom to push transgenderism onto children via junk science, but not out of some sort of principled devotion to the eternal search for truth.
          They push back against religious dogma and they push back against nationalist dogma. And while I agree they'll never be honest with their intentions (i.e., in both these cases they loathe religion and the United States), they're needed as a counterbalance.

Right now the Right is needed along with moderates. The threats are coming in waves from the Left and, unfortunately, this isn't some sort of Pickett's Charge bullshit. This is the real deal and, personally, I don't think we have it in us to put the brakes on.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

That it existed for so long is still surely enough to cause your optimism to shake just a little.
            I lived there (close by) and my grandson and his wife both live there now - right in the Captitol Hill area. In the 80s, Seattle was a bastion of liberal thought with Bill Gates rising. Government was liberal but reasonable - if there can be such a thing. Over the last two decades, Seattle has become the poster child of liberal, live and let live, give free shit away failures. There's a lot of wealth there and people that talk about how good life in Seattle is at cocktail parties but, behind the scenes deplore the drug problems and vast number of homeless that gather in Seattle because other cities have kicked them out.

My grandson will tell you, moneyed people press city official for reform, shit gets cleaned up, the next election roles around and those that press for reform don't vote, the result is a return to shit. That's been going on there for as long as I've had some connection to that city. This is just the most recent and more nationally visible cycle.

I do think as a result of the national coverage of stupid, voters are going to pay attention in Seattle and maybe nationally.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              I do love that in the attempt to discuss the SJW issues, DSL now wants to stop talking about academic strong-arming and talk about the economy. Because that “really matters”.

lol
              You guys have your pet causes and I have mine. We all post trivial stuff time to time. I don't get the irrational, seething hatred some here have for trans people. Am I totally comfortable around them? To be quite honest, no, I'm not. I'd like to be one day, the way I am around gay people. But the raw disgust and loathing some here possess...I just don't get it and never will. To me it's in the trivial category but for others, God, life and death. So I may just stop commenting on stuff other people consider life & death and I think is frivolous. Because when one side treats a subject with intense seriousness and the other mockingly, that just leads to these blowups and I'm tired of them. We'd probably all be better off.

Comment

• A Gravis poll for Arizona somehow has PDJT beating Biden AND McSalley ahead. I'm assuming the MoE is +/- 25 points.

Comment

• FTR, my opinion of trans folks is entirely neutral. However, I don't think men should be able to play women's sports. I'd also very much prefer that men/women not be able to use the opposite restrooms. I'm more than willing to accept "neutral" restrooms as a viable compromise because we compromise in representative democracies.

I think Roberts' reasoning for T7 re gay folks is pretty bad. I'm completely on board with Kav's dissent. The result is fine with me, but I have huge issues with the reasoning.

So, I'm not sure who has a seething hatred of trans folks here. And I can't ever remember having any issues with gay folks, and if I did those were put to rest 25 years ago when I worked with a nearly entirely gay wait-staff, went out with them to gay bars and was hit on. So, yeah....my thoughts on biological truth are separate from my thoughts on the actual people.

But, whatever.

Comment

A Gravis poll for Arizona somehow has PDJT beating Biden AND McSalley ahead. I'm assuming the MoE is +/- 25 points.
                    I saw that. Did you notice who their partner in the poll was? OAN. Heh. So I'm guessing that might be your thumb on the scale

Comment

• I just assumed it was total shit and moved on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

You guys have your pet causes and I have mine. We all post trivial stuff time to time. I don't get the irrational, seething hatred some here have for trans people. Am I totally comfortable around them? To be quite honest, no, I'm not. I'd like to be one day, the way I am around gay people. But the raw disgust and loathing some here possess...I just don't get it and never will. To me it's in the trivial category but for others, God, life and death. So I may just stop commenting on stuff other people consider life & death and I think is frivolous. Because when one side treats a subject with intense seriousness and the other mockingly, that just leads to these blowups and I'm tired of them. We'd probably all be better off.
                        I was just going to like you post, DSL, then thought it warrants, surprise, comment ........

Your sense of blow-ups happening is not new. There's a history of it. What's going on here is mild compared to a few years ago.

TBC, talent is an intolerable and mostly unbearable ass-hole. He's also the one that keeps a lid on stupid posts. If posters here aren't committed to defending a position they take, then don't post it becasue he has a propensity to shoot you right between the eyes, no warning shots, nothing. Just death. I sort of like it..... well, sort of.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Rasumussen showing Trump 10 points underwater on his approval rating is pretty much all that you need to know.

Comment

• Deloitte apparently fired someone for violent words in support of BLM. Let's assume her story is true. It's preposterous. Sauce for the gander or not, it's insane.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...ok-stab-threat

(Of course, she did not impose a Struggle Session on herself and was instead defiant and will surely become some sort of folk hero).

One of my top parenting goals is to make sure my kids understand that they can't ever say anything political on social media. Ever. Even if it's innocuous now, you don't where things will be in 15 years, and we know ages old statements can and will fuck you.
                            Last edited by iam416; July 2, 2020, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

TBC, talent is an intolerable and mostly unbearable ass-hole.
                              Correct. Seconded. Yes, I still miss Jamie

He's also the one that keeps a lid on stupid posts. If posters here aren't committed to defending a position they take, then don't post it becasue he has a propensity to shoot you right between the eyes, no warning shots, nothing. Just death. I sort of like it..... well, sort of.
                              Yeah well, who watches the watchmen? heh

Comment

Deloitte apparently fired someone for violent words in support of BLM. Let's assume her story is true. It's preposterous. Sauce for the gander or not, it's insane.
                                So she got fired for being a violent, intolerant, mentally unstable nut case? And that's a bad thing?

“I’ma stab you,” the Connecticut native said in the video, zooming in tight on her face.

“I’ma stab you, and while you’re struggling and bleeding out, I’ma show you my paper cut and say, ‘My cut matters, too.'”
                                Last edited by Hannibal; July 2, 2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X