No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have little doubt that the case is being engineered to be completely harmless. Nobody in government has any interest in seeing justice done or outing the perpetrators. That's why Prince Andrew makes for a perfect target. He doesn't hold any real power but he's high profile enough that it looks like something is being done.
    Last edited by Hannibal; July 2, 2020, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• I'd like to hear more about where she was arrested. I saw one brief blurb somewhere that it was a lavish estate in New Hampshire. Would like to hear who owned it if not her.

Comment

• "Ghislaine Maxwell didn't kill herself" -- future meme.

Comment

• Instant Karma does occasionally happen.

Comment

• Good for the horse. People who screw with animals get what they deserve. Maybe she'll try and spook the bears in Yellowstone.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• If that 'woke' young woman had ANY common sense at all, she'd know that all animals used by the police, are specially trained. Dogs are trained to sniff for drugs, and to defend the officer. Horses are trained not to be spooked, and to defend the officer.

And these are the people who want to tell us how to live our lives, and what we must and must not believe.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Regarding the Alabama Covid-19 parties. One guy thinks they are, well, fake news:

Thread by @thrasherxy: 1. OK, I'm calling bs on "news" of "COVID parties"—college students TRYING to get COVID. It has all the failure hallmaral panic, Chomsky's 4th filter of manufactured consent (flak) & confirmation bias. Let me lay out why you sh…
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That could be quite possible. Like the Knockout Game

Comment

• Statewide mask mandate in Texas, any public space in a county with 20 or more cases. Wow

Comment

• Newsom shuts down bars and restaurants in Cali, but his winery is available to book for group tastings. Perfect.

lol. Saw it on the James Woods’ Twitter.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Apparently Pelosi’s is too? I would be fit to be tied if I were a Cali bar/wine shop owner.

Comment

• And going back to the UA Covid parties, I’m not saying they didn’t happen, but I believe UA forms are closed and classes are on-line. Sure, some students live off campus, and they coulda done it. But by last time to drive campus (May), it was a ghost town.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            And going back to the UA Covid parties, I’m not saying they didn’t happen, but I believe UA forms are closed and classes are on-line. Sure, some students live off campus, and they coulda done it. But by last time to drive campus (May), it was a ghost town.
                            I'm not sold on this one either, but man, it is getting serious play on the local news (along with the nurse that yelled heil Hitler at the Mobile city council meeting because she didn't want to wear a mask)

My *guess* is that some drunk kids were being "funny" and said something that was overheard by somebody who told somebody... and next thing you know, STUDENTS ARE HAVING 'RONA PARTIES!
                            Last edited by CGVT; July 2, 2020, 05:29 PM.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• *forms = dorms

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I'm not sold on this one either, but man, it is getting serious play on the local news (along with the nurse that yelled heil Hitler at the Mobile city council meeting because she didn't want to wear a mask)

My *guess* is that some drunk kids were being "funny" and said something that was overheard by somebody who told somebody... and next thing you know, STUDENTS ARE HAVING 'RONA PARTIES!
                                Yeah. I don’t get the masks = my rights are violated. But it’s got huge legs across the US.

Comment

Working...
                                X