Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to reiterate, this is from Colin Kapernick:

Black ppl have been dehumanized, brutalized, criminalized + terrorized by America for centuries, & are expected to join your commemoration of “independence”, while you enslaved our ancestors. We reject your celebration of white supremacy & look forward to liberation for all.
    And I get mocked for saying that the Flag and National Anthem will, sooner rather than later, be viewed as racist. I should have also included the obvious -- Independence Day. I feel fairly certain that Independence Day will eventually be replaced by Juneteenth. I don't have any objection to the latter, but I definitely have an objection erasing the former.

I think, at this point, I can't make a prediction that is too wildly detached from what should be reality.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Correct. And, really, if it's "racist" how are you supposed to push back without being a racist? And if you're white, how can you even say what is or isn't racist?

It's genius.
      It's not genius as much as it is just plain nihilistic evil. This is why reactionary movements to Marxism have been slow to awaken but brutal in their ferocity.

Comment

• Here's how Republicans sabotage themselves by believing stupid myths about voter fraud. The Iowa Secretary of State (a Republican) sent absentee ballot request forms to every Iowa voter before the June primaries. This led to record participation. The Republican-controlled legislature was apparently furious, however, and have passed a law to make sure the Secretary of State cannot do the same for the general election. Despite over 70% of the Legislature itself voting absentee that election.

To be very clear, these are request forms. Not absentee ballots.

So now what's likely to happen is that counties will make the decision to send out request forms to everyone and that'll happen almost exclusively in counties that are majority-Democrat. Over half of Iowa's Democrats live in just 7 counties and all of those places are likely to send out the forms. If you're a rural Republican, you're likely out of luck. All because of a misguided belief that this all creates massive voter fraud.

Auditors in Iowa's largest counties, which lean Democratic, are already planning to mail absentee ballot request forms to every registered voter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Millenials are hard Left. It's the generation that grew up entirely on The Today Show. It's absolutely a lost generation that would vote for their own execution if they thought that it absolved them of White Guilt.

Gen Z is still undetermined, but there is some encouraging anecdotal evidence there. There's a lot more competition lately in pop culture for their opinions thanks to content creator sites like youtube. This is, incidentally, why Liberals are so desperate to censor those platforms. Being able to monologue the message to the next generation would ensure that there is another 50 million sheeple who are willing to swallow whatever CNN says hook, line, and sinker. There are a handful of very popular Gen Z channels that have already been banned from youtube.
          Sadly, it's more like The Daily Show (with Trevor Noah or Jon Stewart) or late night hosts like Kimmel and Colbert. That's where Millennials get their news.
          Throw in Twitter, Youtube, and other types of media.

It's all heavily biased on one side.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Pentagon is preparing to ban the display of the Confederate flag on all military bases and DOD property. The Marines have already done this back in early June.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A draft policy circulated by Pentagon leaders would ban the display of the Confederate flag in Defense Department workplaces or public areas by service members and civilian personnel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Pentagon is preparing to ban the display of the Confederate flag on all military bases and DOD property. The Marines have already done this back in early June.

https://apnews.com/c96c6ef9b36b162df22924020342b9d7
              I like it. I think they should ban all flags except the US’s and states’ flags to go along with regiment, military branch, and whatever other official flags there are.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Sadly, it's more like The Daily Show (with Trevor Noah or Jon Stewart) or late night hosts like Kimmel and Colbert. That's where Millennials get their news.
                Throw in Twitter, Youtube, and other types of media.

It's all heavily biased on one side.
                heh. Whoops. I actually meant to say "The Daily Show". I should have thrown in The Colbert Report too. Both of them were hugely influential.

Comment

• The most anti-mitigation world leader tests positive

The president, who has belittled the risks posed by the virus, took the test after developing symptoms.

Comment

• Lots of great quotes relevant to the Era of Insanity

"In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, not to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. To assent to obvious lies is...in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to.”
                    -- Theodore Dalrymple

Comment

• Multiple outlets have the Mary Trump book now and are leaking excerpts. On the one hand, meh, who cares. He's fucked up in the head, we all know that. But still, there'll be some funnier claims and accusations. Quick, what do Donald Trump and Derrick Rose have in common?

Comment

• Texas State Fair has been canceled. Oof, that's a big costly decision.

Comment

• DeWine putting 7 counties under mandatory facemask orders. Franklin in central Ohio: Hamilton, Butler, and Montgomery in the SW; and Cuyahoga, Huron, and Trumbull in the NE.

The cases in mostly rural Huron County appear to be tied to two nursing homes, unfortunately.

Comment

• Yeah, Huron is going to spike the state's death total. That's bad news for all.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The cases in mostly rural Huron County appear to be tied to two nursing homes, unfortunately.
                              Same thing happened in our county.

If it is ever discovered that nursing homes could have been spared with better decision making, some people need to go to jail.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Same thing happened in our county.

If it is ever discovered that nursing homes could have been spared with better decision making, some people need to go to jail.
                                Probably the worst I can remember hearing about is still the Soldiers home in Holyoke, Massachusetts. They lost close to 100 veterans I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X