No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncle Joe would be wise to not attend any debates. Just stay indoors until after the election and you pretty much got it in the bag.

Comment

• It’s a debate I’d pay to watch. It will be Monty Python vs Benny Hill with an Idiocracy vibe. Must see TV.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Uncle Joe would be wise to not attend any debates. Just stay indoors until after the election and you pretty much got it in the bag.
        For sure. He can only hurt himself when he opens his mouth.

It’s a debate I’d pay to watch. It will be Monty Python vs Benny Hill with an Idiocracy vibe. Must see TV.
        For sure. It'll be the 1987 Kansas-Kansas State game of political debates (if you don't know that game then you're not a real CFB fan). Except that it will have unintentionally comedic moments to paper over the deeply depressing bigger picture -- one of these two assclowns is going to be President.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• As the traditional debate times near, I expect to see Trump going nuts on Twitter calling out Uncle Joe.

Comment

• I can't see much swinging the election at this point, short of Ghislane Maxwell publicly naming Joe Biden as a frequent flyer on Pedo Airlines.

Comment

• Yeah, it's over.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Biden has officially committed to the debates. Trump, at least of a couple weeks ago, has not. Recall that he and the campaign have endlessly bitched about the moderators, the venues, now they are daring Biden to agree to MORE debates, etc.

If they still happen I imagine there will be no audience. An improvement.

Comment

• Yeah I don't expect Biden to cancel, although the venues could (U of M already has). In that event, Biden will be spared and if I were him, I would not reschedule.

Comment

• Cy Vance, the Manhattan DA, is going to get Trump's taxes. The House Committees will not. A 7-2 decision each time, with only Thomas & Alito dissenting each time.

This went pretty much as expected because in oral arguments one could tell the justices were highly skeptical that Trump had total immunity from any investigation in the Vance case and were highly skeptical of the House Committee argument in the other. As best I can tell from a very quick skim of the syllabus, Roberts and the majority do not rule out the ability of the House subpoenaing presidential records completely, just that the Committee subpoenas were extremely broad -- a fishing expedition in laymen's terms. In theory the majority would enforce a House subpoena if a serious legislative purpose was tied to it. I didn't look at the Thomas/Alito dissent in that one but I imagine they would've blocked a House subpoena under almost any circumstance. Roberts/Gorsuch/Kavanaugh were not opposed in theory but unimpressed by the House's case at present.

The McGirt case is extremely interesting and probably has the widest implications of all if anyone actually reads it today. Tribal leaders love Gorsuch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      Yeah I don't expect Biden to cancel, although the venues could (U of M already has). In that event, Biden will be spared and if I were him, I would not reschedule.

Actually, a "quarantine" debate done remotely would be awesome. I wold love to see it for one reason - only the speaker would have the mic. No more interruptions or stupid sideline interjections. Both sides having a sterile opportunity to make their cases.

It would be great. A narcissistic pathological liar versus a wide eyed gaffe machine. AA may be right....possible pay-per-view opportunity.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Does it matter who gets the returns?

Comment

• If the venues cancel then I don't think that we will have debates.

Comment

• But another bottom line is that no Trump financial records will be made public in any way, shape, or form before the election. Even in the Vance case, the DA is bound by grand jury secrecy laws and Gorsuch/Kavanaugh suggested other arguments Trump might raise on remand besides his inane "I AM TOTALLY IMMUNE" defense. Alito seems to have been the only one sympathetic, even supportive, of that position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              But another bottom line is that no Trump financial records will be made public in any way, shape, or form before the election. Even in the Vance case, the DA is bound by grand jury secrecy laws and Gorsuch/Kavanaugh suggested other arguments Trump might raise on remand besides his inane "I AM TOTALLY IMMUNE" defense. Alito seems to have been the only one sympathetic, even supportive, of that position.
                              LOL!!

Have you ever heard of the term, "leaked"?

WHEN those records get into the DA's hands, its only a matter of time before Wolf Blitzer is waving them around on CNN.

I have no problem with politicians being forced to show their tax returns as long as its required of ALL of them. Unzip your fly, folks ...
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The returns will be leaked in about five minutes. The leaker will:

1. Be a Democrat
                                2. Not get an iota of punishment

Comment

Working...
                                X