No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford employees want Ford Motor Company to stop building Police cars.

This sounds like an excellent "please slash my wrists for me" strategy. Leave that part of the auto business to General Motors, who would likely send all Ford employees a 'thank you' card.

There is a way Ford could keep the Police Interceptor business, that might satisfy the snowflake crowd. Build .50 caliber machine guns into the front of the cars that would open fire on any cop that 'steps out of line" in the performance of their duties.

Must see TV!!
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• lol
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Didn't they used to use the Mercury Grand Marquis for most cop cars?

Comment

• Mercury went out of business a few years back, but I think until just recently, most police cars made by Ford were Crown Victoria's

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            Mercury went out of business a few years back, but I think until just recently, most police cars made by Ford were Crown Victoria's
            Ohhhh I think you're right. I forgot about the Crown Vic

Comment

• Ford has stopped making the Crown Vic as well. The police cars that they make now are some sort of a hybrid of a couple of their SUV models.

Comment

• An estimated 100 employees of Ford Motor Co. have asked the automaker to reconsider building and selling police vehicles in light of controversy related to police brutality and social justice, the Free Press confirmed late Wednesday.
                Translation:

"An estimated 100 employees of Ford Motor Co. have publicly revealed that they are functionally retarded and want to see their company lose business during an economic period with double digit unemployment".
                Last edited by Hannibal; July 9, 2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Prediction: Ford will cuck massively. They won't stop making the cars for the cops but they will bend the knee in some other significant way. Most likely, cutting a big check to BLM or some other Marxist "Social Justice" hate group.

Comment

• AND NOW A MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES:

“We have a totally corrupt previous Administration, including a President and Vice President who spied on my campaign, AND GOT CAIGHT [sic] and nothing happens to them,” Trump raged in a series of tweets.

“This crime was taking place even before my election, everyone knows it, and yet all are frozen stiff with fear. No Republican Senate Judiciary response, NO ‘JUSTICE’, NO FBI, NO NOTHING. Major horror show REPORTS on Comey & McCabe, guilty as hell, nothing happens. Catch Obama & Biden cold, nothing. A 3 year, $45,000,000 Mueller HOAX, failed - investigated everything. Won all against the Federal Government and the Democrats send everything to politically corrupt New York, which is falling apart with everyone leaving, to give it a second, third and fourth try,” he said.

“Now the Supreme Court gives a delay ruling that they would never have given for another President. This is about PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT. We catch the other side SPYING on my campaign, the biggest political crime and scandal in U.S. history, and NOTHING HAPPENS. But despite this, I have done more than any President in history in first 3 1/2 years!” Trump tweeted

Comment

• But despite this, I have done more than any President in history in first 3 1/2 years!” Trump tweeted
                      Define "more." He actually has done more ...... damage to America than any president in history.

Of course you can debate that assertion. On balance, I believe any good he has done has been far outweighed by the bad - mostly due to his own narcissistic behavior. Cant wait for Mary Trump's tell all about her uncle Donald to hit the book stores.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        Ford has stopped making the Crown Vic as well. The police cars that they make now are some sort of a hybrid of a couple of their SUV models.
                        That was sheer idiocy on Ford's part. Those Crown Vic/Marquis cars were nice and roomy with a decent powertrain. They sold thousands of them to taxi fleets and seniors.

But of course, they’ve decided that they weren’t going to sell cars anymore to make people not want them, so..

Comment

• The blood on your hands meme has reappeared in the local S. FL press. It's coming from Congress Woman Debbie Wasserman and being augmented by the press. It is, of course, aimed at FL Governor Ron Desantis, a close ally of Trump (appears in every news line next to Desanti's name). His crime? Not mandating masks. His response, we have a diverse state; not every region of it needs a mandatory mask order from me. I'll leave that to local officials.

It's silly. What Desantis has done in handling FL's pandemic aligns with my view of government at all levels. Stay the fuck out of my way.

Speaking of that, here is my check list for dealing with the pandemic:

My latest rant involves taking responsibility for your own safety instead of demanding the government do that.

There are multiple ways for at risk/vulnerable folks to protect themselves from catching this thing. Since it appears there's a large group of folks who don't care about COVID, some younger, some not so young, it's time for those that do care to take personal responsibility for their well being instead of asking officials to close their local economies down to protect them. I like checklists - in my blood. Here's my pandemic checklist:
                          • If you're frightened by the thought of going about even modified activities of daily living, stay home.
                          • While you're home, don't complain about having to stay home, don't demand everyone else follow your lead and stay home too, don't demand your local officials close businesses.
                          • If you've evaluated your personal risks and decide you want to go out, you are accepting that the risk of doing so is never going to be zero. It never has been.
                          • Besides not smoking, not getting fat, wearing a seatbelt and taking the normal precautions you've taken all your life to reduce but not eliminate known risks, add a mask! Just another known risk of dying to add to the list.
                          • Do your research on masks and get a good one that fits properly. Getting a "good one" means that not only is it going to protect others but it will actually protect you from inhaling the virus .... then wear it correctly.
                          • If you decide you'd like to go out to eat or shop, do so at times when the restaurants, shops you like aren't busy. You can call or just Google it to see when it's most busy.
                          • By taking this simple step, you are taking personal responsibility for reducing the number of infected persons you'll come in contact with.
                          • Check out the environment before you enter. Ensure local mitigation measures have been implemented in the store or restaurant you wish to enter. If not, leave.
                          • Gyms or similar public exercise venues? Sure. Just make sure the place you go has implemented locally mandated mitigation measures then, mask and distance. Access and use equipment and hand sanitizers.
                          • Finally, and only second in importance to masking and distancing, wash your hands often. Every time you have touched something that might be contaminated. Do this before you touch your mask to remove it ...... and don't touch your face at all until you have washed your hands preferably with soap and water.

....... but stop having the expectation that your local officials "DO SOMETHING" when there is little that can be done at this point to get growth trajectories pointed downwards again save changing personal behaviors and lockdowns. Understand that on an individual level, "you can lead a horse to water ......," you know the rest and governments at all levels are struggling with both messaging and action.

Americans must take responsibility for themselves to deal with the pandemic. The virus is with us and will be for the foreseeable future, therapeutics and vaccines or not. It's not the boomers I'm worrying about being lost to the stooopid and irresponsible. For the most part, the boomers are acting responsibly to protect themselves although that can be improved upon. There's little hope for the stoopid. They're not likely to change and that's the way it is.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ..... and in other news, from the great state of ohio comes this report.

NB: I know, this terrorist isn't in ohio, only that an ohio paper did the digging to uncover her history and her activity on the board of BLM. Shocking news to people who understand America is at risk of being overrun by anarchists and Communists - Hanni will say we are already overrun.

https://theohiostar.com/2020/06/28/a...r-fundraising/

Comment

• RNC folks are now panicking and scrambling. Toying with the idea of an outdoor convention at the Jaguars Stadium or some minor league baseball park. Anything to keep the First Toddler from having a meltdown.

An outdoor convention in Jacksonville, Florida in August and hurricane season. lol, have fun in that soup

Comment

• Buckeye Stadium

Comment

Working...
                                X